Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation and winery. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards plus tourist income.
Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Agriturismo For Sale
In the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany, is this organic wine estate with a well regarded Agriturismo for sale. The vineyards (7 hectares) are registered as Chianti Classico DOCG (5.8 hectares) and Toscana IGT (1.2 hectares) and currently produce roughly 35,000 bottles of wine annually but it would be possible to increase this to 49,000 bottles per year.
The accommodation business provides a total of five bedrooms and four bathrooms, all of which are located within the main farmhouse villa.
Five minutes drive from a small town with restaurants, stores, and services, the property is accessible by a well-maintained gravel road bordered with trees. This organic winery, located in the heart of the Chianti Classico area at an altitude of 400 metres, enjoys a perfect microclimate for bio-wine cultivation.
Greve in Chianti and Siena, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, are a half-hour drive apart. Florence, Arezzo, and Montepulciano are about one hour distant, while the Tuscan Coast, including Castiglione della Pescaia and Forte dei Marmi, is less than two hours away by car.
Currently managed as an Agriturismo, the villa has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms with a surface area of 385 sqm – 4,143 sqft and is divided into three apartments organized as follows:
– Keeper’s apartment (ground floor): studio apartment with entrance, main bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom (shared with apartment N°1)
– Apartment N°1 (ground floor): living room, kitchen, laundry two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one of which shared with the keeper’s apartment);
– Apartment N°2 (first floor): living room with loggia, dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a few closets.
Dating back to the 18th century, the farmhouse has been tastefully renovated with high-quality materials and features exposed stone facades, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, and terracotta floors.
In the vicinity of the main building are located some annexes used for winemaking, described as follows.
– Building A (73 sqm – 785 sqft): wine cellar and barriques room;
– Building B (95 sqm – 1,022 sqft): cellar, tool room and staff bathroom;
– Building C (50 sqm – 538 sqft): vat room and ageing room;
– Building D (72 sqm – 775 sqft): wine shop, tasting room, cellar, guest bathroom and two storage rooms.
Surrounded by a landscaped garden with an elegant 13 × 5 m Infinity swimming pool and sunbathing area, the farm is completed by 12.7 hectares of private land with vineyards. The trees that surround the estate ensure privacy and quiet, making it ideal as a countryside tourist destination. Access to the property is through a short unpaved road lined with Tuscan cypresses.
Current production of wine ranges around 35,000 bottles per year (with an average yield of 38 hl/ha). However, according to the Chianti Classico DOCG regulations, this yield could be increased up to a maximum of 52,5 hl/ha which would in turn lead to a significant increase of production to around 49,000 bottles per year.
Wine is fully sold in bottles. Most is exported (77%) thanks to a well-established network of customers and buyers, while the remaining quantity is either sold directly at the property (15%) or sold through hotels, restaurants and cafés (8%).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Surface: 7.0 hectares (5.8 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 1.2 ha Toscana IGT)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (72%), Merlot (9%), Malvasia Nera (8%), Colorino (8%) and Vermentino (3%)
– Year of implant: 2000 – 2009
– Altitude and exposure: 400 m asl (south/southwest)
– Density: 6,600 vines/ha (0.70 × 2.20 m)
– Training: free-standing bush, pruned-spur cordon
– Soil composition: marlstone, clayish, sandy
– Yearly production: 35.000 bottles (up to 49.000 bottles)
– Established markets: Italy, Canada, China, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United States and Sweden
– Containers in the cellar: stainless steel tank (n°12 for total 354 hl), fibreglass tank (n°2 for total 55 hl), French oak barriques (n°70 for total 237 hl), tronconic tanks (n°2 for total 98 hl)
PRODUCED WINES AND PRICES
The following wines are highly-rated and have received international awards (Decanter, Gambero Rosso, James Suckling, Slow Wine and others):
– Chianti Classico DOCG (€ 14.00): 20,000 bottles (up to 25,500)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva (€ 22.00): 10,000 bottles (up to 15,000)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Gran Selezione (€ 38.00): 3,000 bottles (up to 5,000)
– Rosso Toscano IGT “Merlot” (€ 29.00): 900 bottles (up to 1,500)
– Bianco Toscano IGT “Vermentino” (€ 13.00): 500 bottles (up to 1,000)
– Rosé Toscano IGT (€ 13.00): 600 bottles (up to 1,000)
This wine estate is the ideal solution for those who are looking to purchase a high-quality property with a tourist accommodation business in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, midway between Gaiole in Chianti and Radda in Chianti. The charming villa, currently run as an Agriturismo, can, if wanted, be easily reworked into a prestige private home. The Agriturismo is currently fully operational and has exceptional reviews on websites such as Airbnb and TripAdvisor.
- TYPE: Tuscan organic wine estate
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Gaiole in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 675 square metres (7,263 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 19
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 6
- ANNEXES: Agricultural buildings
- MAIN FEATURES: Exposed stone, stone fireplace, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, loggia, arches, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards
- EXTERIORS: 12.7 hectares (31.3 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 13 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well (with UV disinfection system)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Gaiole in Chianti (4km; 5′), Radda in Chianti (6km; 10’), Siena (25km; 30’), Greve In Chianti (26km; 35’), San Gimignano (51km; 1h), Firenze (55km; 1h 5’), Arezzo (62km; 1h), Volterra (65km; 1h 20’), Montalcino (66km; 1h 10’), Montepulciano (75km; 1h 5’), Pienza (82km; 1h 15’), Cortona (83km; 1h 10’), Perugia (119km; 1h 25’), Lucca (127km; 1h 40’), Pisa (142km; 1h 50’), Forte dei Marmi (158km; 1h 55’), Roma (247km; 2h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (64km; 1h), Perugia San Francesco (130km; 1h 30’); Pisa G. Galilei (155km; 1h 40’), Bologna G. Marconi (155km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (258km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (276km; 2h 40’)
See more Organic properties in Italy