Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income.
Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo For Sale
Excellent business opportunity near to Castiglion Fiorentino and Cortona in Tuscany. The 15.2-ha farm estate has an agriturismo accommodation business (24 beds) and a winery with 5.0 hectares of organic vineyards producing each year roughly 38,500 bottles of wine and 4.5 ha of olive groves producing each year roughly 15 hl of olive oil. The farm is certified as organic and biodynamic since 2004.
The agriturismo property has six apartments for its guests and offers a total of 24 authorized beds in 12 bedrooms.
The main villa has a surface area of 225 sqm – 2,421 sqft on three floors and includes the owners’ accommodation, a kitchen, the restaurant (65 sqm for 25 seats) and three apartments for the guests. Outside there is a veranda used for hosting guests outdoors.
The guesthouse has a surface area of 250 sqm – 2,690 sqft and is detached from the main villa: a kitchen, a technical room, the laundry and three more guest apartments.
The wine cellar (340 sqm – 3,658 sqft) is on three floors and is equipped with all the machinery needed for winemaking. A 60-sqm room houses a tasting area with a shop.
The property is then completed by a warehouse (50 sqm – 538 sqft), a storage house (85 sqm – 915 sqft) and a tool shed (11 sqm – 118 sqft), a technical room with laundry and a canopy to shelter tractors and vehicles.
The property covers a total of 15.2 hectares (37.6 acres) with the most relevant portions being the vineyard (5.0 ha) and the olive grove (4.0 ha), followed by woodland (4.0 ha) and arable land (0.8 ha).
The garden covers 5,000 sqm and is dotted with trees and aromatic plants. A 5,000-sqm vegetable garden with the produce being used in the Agriturismo.
Thirteen beehives produce excellent honey (roughly 100 kg per year).
Since 1994 all the activities have been carried out following organic methods and in 2004 the farm was awarded the biodynamic certification. This means the land is not treated with chemicals and/or fertilizers which are replaced by phytotherapy. Pruning and harvesting are performed manually throughout the farm.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 5,0 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese (38%), Chardonnay (24%), Incrocio Manzoni (24%), Merlot (14%)
– Planting years: late 1980s, May/June 2003, 2015
– Altitude: 200 – 350 m
– Exposure: south, east/west
– Planting distances: 3.00 × 1.50 m | 2.50 × 0.80 m
– Yearly production: 38,500 bottles
– Equipment: wooden barrels (n. 3 for total 55 hl), stainless steel vats (n. 12 for total 402 hl), concrete basins (n. 5 for total 200 hl), vinsanto barrels (n. 50 for total 25 hl), vinplast for bottle storing (n. 400)
– Rosso Toscano IGT (18,000 bottles): 100% Sangiovese (€ 7.00 – € 16.00)
– Rosso Toscano IGT (4,000 bottles): 100% Merlot (€ 7.00)
– Bianco Toscano IGT (6,500 bottles): 100% Chardonnay (€ 10.00)
– Bianco Toscano IGT (6,000 bottles): 100% Incrocio Manzoni (€ 9.00)
– Rosé Toscano IGT (4,000 bottles): 100% Sangiovese (€ 10.00)
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 4.5 hectares (1,300 trees)
– Varieties: Frantoio, Moraiolo and Leccino
– Altitude: 200 – 350 m
– Yearly production: 15.0 hl (year 2018)
- TYPE: Tuscan organic wine estate with a farm, accommodation business, vineyards, olive grove, beehives and wine cellar
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Open and sunny
- MUNICIPALITY: Cortona
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,055 square metres (10,352 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 25
- BEDROOMS: 12
- BATHROOMS: 11
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, fireplaces, garden, olive grove, vineyards, restaurant, veranda, wine cellar
- LAND: 15.2 hectares (5.0 ha vineyards + 4.5 ha olive grove + 4.0 ha woodland + 0.8 ha arable land + 0.5 ha vegetable garden + 0.4 ha garden)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Several residential and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS: Tree-lined avenue
- SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected (380 V) + photovoltaic system (12 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Castiglion Fiorentino (4km; 5’), Cortona (12km; 20’), Arezzo (23km; 30’), Torrita di Siena (28km; 35’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (34km; 35’), Montepulciano (37km; 50’), Pienza (45km; 1h), Montalcino (62km; 1h 10’), Siena (71km; 1h), Firenze (95km; 1h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (67km; 1h 5’), Firenze Vespucci (107km; 1h 25’), Pisa Galilei (167km; 2h 10’), Bologna Marconi (176km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (216km; 2h 35’), Roma Fiumicino (231km; 2h 30’)
See more Organic properties in Italy