On the Tuscan hills near to Arezzo, in a panoramic position, 23-ha organic estate with vineyards (Chianti), olive grove and several restored buildings forming a home and Agriturismo. 16 Bedrooms overall.
Wine & olive oil estate with agriturismo business
This lovely estate comprises of 3 buildings (all restored) used for accommodation plus several buildings used for the agricultural activity. 23 hectares of land with gardens and 3 swimming pools.
The business headquarters have a surface area of 482 sqm – 5,186 sqft with wine cellar, reception, offices, kitchen and workshop, tasting/event room and a small shop. The wine cellar, built following the principles of sustainable architecture, utilising huge sandstone blocks which had been unearthed while digging in preparation for the construction. By using natural materials it provides optimal ageing conditions for the wine with no energy waste.
The Leopoldina villa has a surface area of 452 sqm – 4,863 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and is laid out over two floors organized as follows:
– Ground floor: loggia, large living room, dining room with kitchen and three double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: living room obtained inside a very panoramic loggia, dining room with stone fireplace, kitchen and three double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The Leopoldina dates back to the end of the 19th century and was probably built on the remains of an older building, now completely lost. The façade has the four typical arches which make a Tuscan Leopoldina easily recognizable. On the southern side of the house is located the garden with a 12 x 6 m swimming pool.
Villa Mandorlo has a surface area of 361 sqm – 3,884 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and takes its name from the impressive and colourful almond tree (mandorlo in Italian) which surrounds the building and is also visible from Arezzo in the blooming season. The building is laid out onto three floors and has been restored following the same criteria as for the Leopoldina:
– Basement: cellar, laundry room and bathroom;
– Ground floor: patio, living room, dining room with kitchen, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– First floor: three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
Just outside the building, there is a well-maintained garden with a rounded-edge swimming pool (40 sqm – 430 sqft).
The farmhouse has a surface area of 330 sqm – 3,551 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and is laid out over two floors:
– Ground floor: living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room with bathroom and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
This is the oldest building in the property, dating back to the 13th century, and it was restored between 2000 and 2001 to make it part of the accommodation business. The building has been preserved in its original shape and has thick stone walls, ceilings held by wooden beams and trusses and roofs covered in terracotta tiles. All the materials used in the renovation process have been salvaged from old buildings, with the exception of fixtures and systems which are modern. The private garden (roughly 5,000 sqm – 1.2 ac) hosts the swimming pool for the building (approx. 80 sqm).
The old workshop (103 sqm – 1,108 sqft) houses several storage rooms, a laundry room and a tool room.
Finally, the property is completed by four agricultural sheds (178 sqm – 1,915 sqft) currently used as storage rooms and shelter for the vehicles and a control room (38 sqm – 409 sqft).
The estate has a total of 23.0 hectares of land with a vineyard (3.0 ha in total), an olive grove (roughly 400 trees), several fruit trees (cherries, plums, pears and apples), meadows and woodland. All of the cultivation in the estate is carried out using organic methods. All the buildings lie on a single servitude-free plot of land and the property is fenced for roughly 17 hectares, a feature which gives privacy and quiet.
Residential buildings are surrounded by well-maintained gardens and each building has an exclusive pool.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 3.0 hectares (2.0 ha Chianti DOCG + 1.0 ha Toscana IGT)
– Varieties: Sangiovese and Merlot
– Altitude: 550 m
– Training: pruned-spur cordon (Sangiovese), albarello (Merlot)
– Soil: medium texture rich in skeleton, sandstone and marl
– Yearly production: 21,000 bottles (15.7 hl)
– Chianti DOCG (€ 16.00): 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot (6.000 bottles)
– Chianti DOCG Riserva (€ 18.00): 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot
– IGT Toscana Merlot (€ 45.00): 100% Merlot (1.000 bottles)
– Rosso Toscano IGT (€ 18.00): 100% Sangiovese (6,000 bottles)
– Rosso Toscano IGT (€ 26.00): 100% Sangiovese (5,000 bottles)
– Rosato Toscano IGT (€ 18.00): 100% Sangiovese (3,000 bottles)
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Number of trees: ~ 400 olive trees
– Cultivars: Frantoio (50%), Moraiolo (35%) and Leccino (15%)
– Altitude: 500 m
– Exposure: Southwest
– Yearly production: 7.5 hl (1,500 bottles)
- TYPE Wine & olive oil estate with agriturismo business
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, very panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Arezzo
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,944 sqm (20,916 sqft)
- ROOMS 65
- BEDROOMS 16
- BATHROOMS 18
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, wood-burning oven, swimming pool, geothermal system, vineyards, olive grove, fruit orchard, sustainable architecture, panoramic view over Arezzo
- LAND 23 hectares (56.8 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEX Several residential and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL Yes, three right next to the farmhouses
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Private wells (2) + water reservoir + mains water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Fan coils + geothermal system + air conditioning
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Arezzo (5km; 15’), Castiglion Fiorentino (23km; 30’), Anghiari (34km; 35’), Cortona (35km; 50’), Montepulciano (56km; 1h), Pienza (63km; 1h 10’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (67km; 55’), Chiusi (69km; 55’), Siena (75km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (77km; 1h 25’), Florence (81km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (127km; 1h 45’), Volterra (128km; 2h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (96km; 1h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (101km; 1h 20’), Grosseto Baccarini (158km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (162km; 2h), Bologna Marconi (183km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (234km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (249km; 2h 30’), Milano Linate (379km; 4h 10’), Milano Malpensa (433km; 5h)
See more Vineyards for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…
- Country Estate Country estate comprising a working organic olive oil farm, olive mill and agriturismo and 27.4 hectares (67.7 acres) land. Located close to Castellina in Chianti Tuscany. Excellent business opportunity. Organic…