Luxury farmhouse home for sale in Italy with 34.4 hectares (85.0 acres) of land including vineyards, olive trees and arable. Lovely Tuscan property and home with further potential to increase wine production and plans approved for swimming pool and wine cellar.
Val d’Orcia Tuscany Property
Impressive and unique. This farmhouse property has been totally restored with style and flair to make a superb home in Tuscany near to San Quirico and Bagno Vignoni on the Val d’Orcia hills.
The farmhouse has approximately 700 sqm (7,532 square feet)of internal surface space and currently features 5 bedrooms and has been updated with finishes that accentuate its rustic charm.
Standing on 34.4 hectares of land which include an IGT vineyard (5.0 ha) producing roughly 13,000 bottles of wine. Projects have already been approved to build a pool and an underground wine cellar.
Services are available in nearby San Quirico d’Orcia, just 3km and 5 minutes drive away, and the medieval towns of Montalcino and Pienza are just 20 minutes away from the farmhouse and the well-known cities of Siena and Florence are one and two hours drive away.
The farmhouse has a central paved courtyard and is laid over two floors with independent entrances directly from outside. Entering the ground floor is a huge central living room leading to all the other rooms that include a kitchen with a dining area, a guest bathroom and two bedrooms with a private bathroom.
Reaching the first floor via both an internal and external staircase, both leading to the central sitting room. From here you can enter three more bedrooms with a private bathroom.
In a separate wing of the ground floor are two storage rooms with a bathroom (potentially convertible into a cosy independent guesthouse made up of a living area, bathroom and bedroom for the owners and/or staff) and a technical room for the systems of the house.
A project has been already approved to build an underground wine cellar on the property, to be created behind the farmhouse together with a spacious panoramic terrace.
Another project involves the construction of a guesthouse (toughly 100 sqm) to be built next to the pool and also usable as a pool house if no more bedrooms are required.
The building, a typical Tuscan farmhouse, has been beautifully restored and stylishly decorated over the last few years. Renovating the outside stone to their original colour, while inside mixing old and modern features: walls are plastered and painted with warm colours that make the rooms welcoming, wooden beams have been cleaned and restored where necessary and the floors are wooden planks in the bedrooms, ceramic in the bathrooms and stones in the living areas.
As for energy consumption, modern and innovative features have been installed to reduce energy needs and waste and solar panels installed on the roof and used to warm the water for the whole building. The energy class of the buildings, thanks to these interventions, is A1.
The hills of Val d’Orcia are recognized as one of the most charming and beautiful places on earth and have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2004.
Around the building is an 8,500-sqm garden park with an approved project to build a swimming pool. This outdoor space would also be ideal for events and meetings.
A total of 33.5 hectares of land which is utilised as roughly 5.0 ha are planted with vineyards and almost as many with olive trees (Correggiolo, Leccino and Moraiolo varieties). The remaining area is arable land (19.1 ha, mainly producing wheat) with small patches of woodland (4.4 ha). The plots currently used as arable land could be used to plant new vines and increase, together with the new cellar, the wine production.
The estate produces four types of wine, all labelled as Toscana IGT, from Sangiovese and Merlot grapes. Yearly production currently ranges around 13,000 bottles per year, produced through a nearby wine cellar. Once completed, the in-house cellar could manage all the steps of production, from harvesting to bottling.
– Toscana Rosso IGT (80% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot) = 7,000 bottles
– Toscana Rosso IGT (100% Sangiovese) = 2,000 bottles
– Toscana Rosso IGT (100% Merlot) = 2,000 bottles
– Toscana Rosé IGT (100% Sangiovese) = 2,000 bottles
- TYPE: Luxury farmhouse home with vineyards and olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: San Quirico d’Orcia
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 700 square metres (7,532 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 11
- BEDROOMS: 5 (up to 6)
- BATHROOMS: 7
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, wooden, terracotta and ceramic flooring, fireplaces, loggia, paved courtyard, solar panels, private park, IGT vineyards, a project for an underground wine cellar, a project for a swimming pool
- LAND: 34.4 hectares (85.0 acres)
- GARDEN: 8,500 square metres (2.1 acres)
- ANNEXES: Wine cellar (to be built) + guesthouse (to be built)
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (2.5 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but approved project
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class A1)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS San Quirico d’Orcia (3km; 5’), Bagno Vignoni (9km; 10’), Montalcino (10km; 20’), Castiglione d’Orcia (12km; 20’), Pienza (13km; 20’), Buonconvento (19km; 20’), Montepulciano (26km; 35’), Siena (47km; 55’), Cortona (61km; 1h 5’), Grosseto (67km; 1h 10’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (71km; 1h 10’), Panzano in Chianti (83km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (87km; 1h 30’), Florence (123km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (129km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (163km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (208km; 2h 35’), Bologna Marconi (211km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (224km; 2h 35’)
See more Farmhouses for sale