Italian mansion for sale. Super property with amazing history. Built on the site of a Roman temple and theatre. Presently used for tourist accommodation and possible to increase from 14 to up to 26 bedrooms.
Italian mansion for sale
Located in the historic centre of one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, Bevagna in Umbria, This historic village has an ancient past, founded by the Umbrians, taken over by the Etruscans and then the Romans. Within easy reach of the main tourist towns and trails of Umbria, such as Assisi (24km), Perugia (43km), Spoleto (46km) and Orvieto (68km).
The property, which has a total surface area of 2,644 sqm (or 28,449 sqft), is composed of two palaces.
The Palace N°1 has a surface of 1,411 sqm (15,182 sqft) on three levels, composed as follows.
– Ground floor: common areas, reception, pizzeria, meeting room, breakfast room, antique bakery and a garden.
– First floor: bedrooms and suites, common areas, Roman temple and garden.
– Second floor: bedrooms, janitor bedrooms, common areas and areas to be renovated.
The Palace N°2 has a surface of 1,233 sqm (13,267) on five levels, composed as follows.
– Ground floor: restaurant, kitchen and medieval area.
– First floor: entrance room, two suites, a bedroom.
– Second floor: entrance room, two suites, ballroom, common areas, rooms for residential use, garden.
– Third floor: rooms for residential use.
– Fourth floor: rooms for residential use and garden.
The tourist accommodation includes 14 bedrooms, all different from each other, but all elegantly decorated and with period furniture. The Palace N°1 includes nine bedrooms, while the Palace N°2 has five bedrooms. Both the kitchen and the restaurant boast a unique setting. The restaurant is placed on a corridor of the bearing structure of the Roman theatre, with original arches and walls.
The pizzeria can host up to 40 guests inside and 32 outside.
This Italian mansion for sale is the result of the union of three different styles: the Roman style, the Medieval style and the 18th-century style. This union of different styles is particularly evident in one of the beautiful facades.
In the 14th century small homes were built on the ruins of a Roman temple and theatre of the 1st century AD; in the 16th-century also the noble residence of a well-known local family was built.
At the beginning of the 18th-century the mansion was restored and a hanging garden was added in order to connect the two palaces of the property.
Over the centuries it has been the residence of three important noble families.
The property, matching the charm of the antique with the most up-to date comforts, has been carefully restored, maintaining its original features and the harmony among the Roman, Medieval and 18-th Century elements.
The renovation of the property lasted more than ten years and was supported by the Superintendence for the Archaeological Heritage of Umbria. Moreover, works were carried out following the latest anti-seismic criteria.
The period mansion boasts vaulted ceilings, coffered ceilings, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, terracotta flooring, exposed stone, old stone fireplaces, cloister, loggia. All the bedrooms are equipped with air-conditioning.
The property includes hanging gardens of 306 square metres and gardens of 220 sqm. The gardens, the ideal place to relax, are perfectly maintained and enriched by ornamental plants. The two palaces are connected by the wonderful hanging gardens, which are at the centre of the ancient dwelling.
TYPE Italian mansion for sale. Period mansion of Roman origins, currently used for holiday accommodation
LOCATION Historical centre
SIZE 2,644 square metres (28,449 square feet)
BEDROOMS 14 (up to 26)
FEATURES Vaulted ceilings, coffered ceilings, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, terracotta flooring, exposed stone, fireplace, old stone fireplace, cloister, loggia
LAND Yes, gardens
GARDEN 526 sqm
POOL No, but possible
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
GAS Municipal network
TELEPHONE Already connected
Foligno (11km; 20’); Assisi (24km; 30’); Todi (33km; 40’); Perugia (43km; 45’); Spoleto (46km; 50’); Orvieto (68km; 1h 20’); Gubbio (69km; 1h); Lago Trasimeno (85km; 1h 10’); Montepulciano (102km; 1h 30’); Pienza (122km; 1h 40’); Montalcino (138km; 2h); Siena (147km; 1h 45’); Roma (148km; 2h 10’); Florence (188km; 2h 15’)
Perugia Sant’Egidio (34km; 30’); Roma Ciampino (161km; 2h); Roma Fiumicino (179km; 2h 10’); Firenze Peretola (200km; 2h 10’); Pisa Galilei (268km; 3h); Bologna Marconi (273km; 2h 50’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Farmhouses for sale A pair of farmhouses for sale in Italy. Located near to Marsciano in Umbria. Each has 2 bedrooms and share a garden and swimming pool. Home and/or holiday income. Rural…
- Italian Mansion Splendid opportunity to buy a restored Italian mansion which is currently running as a boutique tourist accommodation business in Tuscany. Very well priced. Established Accommodation Business in Italy Near to…
- Italian Castle Italian castle for sale. Beautiful and amazing restored castle presently used as an 8 bedroom boutique hotel and for conferences, congresses and events but would also make a superb luxury…