An old restored farmhouse for sale, in a convenient setting just below the medieval ramparts of the beautiful village of Anghiari in Tuscany. Comprising a two and 1-bed apartment and possible to convert the cellars into a two-bed apartment. Garden and olive grove. Very well priced.
Anghiari Tuscany Property
In an extremely convenient location with a direct view of the beautiful medieval village of Anghiari is this renovated farmhouse for sale which is literally a hop skip and a jump from the village’s central square (the hub of the community). The building is in excellent condition and comprises two independent apartments, with the possibility of another, which would give a total of 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. A 1.000 sqm garden, a paved square used as a parking area and 3.700 sqm of land with a small olive grove complete this property.
Services and facilities are all available near Piazza Baldaccio (the main square) in Anghiari which is easily reachable on foot thanks to the lift that leads from the base of the hill, up the ramparts right into the historic village centre (about 200 m on foot from house to square).
The farmhouse has a surface area of 320 sqm has been renovated and is in excellent condition. Structured on two floors and houses two independent apartments plus cellars (which could be converted into a third apartment consisting of a living area, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The main apartment is located on the first floor, just above the cellars and is accessible from the external staircase. Upon entering you are immediately in the large living/dining room, connected to the kitchen. A corridor leads to the sleeping area, consisting of two spacious double bedrooms and two bathrooms. From the living room, a staircase leads to the mezzanine (currently used as a study but potentially usable as a bedroom) and from here to attic storage.
The two-room apartment is located on the ground floor of the farmhouse. The entrance door opens onto a spacious living room with a dining area and kitchenette (with a small pantry). A small hallway then leads into the sleeping area, consisting of a double bedroom, a bathroom and a closet.
In terms of finishes, the farmhouse is well finished, with terracotta floors and polished parquet, the typical wooden beams on the ceilings, wooden window frames that integrate well into the building and walls painted with warm and soft colours that make the rooms very welcoming.
The agricultural annexe (65 sqm) is located right in front of the farmhouse and could be converted into a lovely guest annexe. Currently, the building consists of two rooms which are registered as a garage and a drying room.
The farmhouse has a comfortable garden (about 1,000 square metres) with a gravelled and paved square where you can easily park several cars. Access is via a driveway gate directly from Corso Giacomo Matteotti through a small uphill driveway, or via two exclusively pedestrian gates (also from Corso Giacomo Matteotti) which open respectively between the two buildings and immediately next to the annexe.
On the back, below the ramparts along the hill on which Anghiari stands, the property extends for about 3,700 square meters with a small olive grove (about 50 trees) and portions of uncultivated agricultural land.
- TYPE: Farmhouse in Tuscany divided into two apartments, garden, annexe, olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Walking distance of the village
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 385 square metres (4,142 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 14
- BEDROOMS: 3 (up to 5)
- BATHROOMS: 3 (up to 4)
- MAIN FEATURES: Plastered stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta and wooden floors, wooden fixtures, loggia, garden, paved apron, small olive grove, close to Anghiari’s elevator
- LAND: 4,700 square metres (1.2 acres)
- GARDEN: 1,000 square metres (with paved apron)
- ANNEXES: Rural outbuilding (convertible into an apartment)
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas (energy class G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (200m; 1’), Sansepolcro (9km; 15’), Caprese Michelangelo (17km; 25’), Città di Castello (24km; 25’), Arezzo (34km; 40’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Gubbio (73km; 1h), Perugia (74km; 1h), Montepulciano (82km; 1h 15’), Pienza (88km; 1h 25’), Assisi (92km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (103km; 1h 45’), Siena (102km; 1h 30’), Florence (110km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (74km; 50’), Firenze Vespucci (127km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (184km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (188km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (255km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (270km; 2h 50’)
See more Tuscany farmhouses for sale