Tuscan Winery and Agriturismo and olive grove provide multiple income streams for this Montepulciano property in an excellent location close to amenities and facilities.
Home and Income Opportunity In Tuscany
In an ideal location, in the valley below Montepulciano, both for producing wine and the tourist market is this 48 hectare estate with 31 hectares of vineyards, producing over 100,000 bottles of wine per year, 4.0 hectare olive grove, 4 buildings with a total surface area of 4,063 sqm which include a farmhouse, seven bedroom agriturismo, modern cellar and a tasting room.
10 minutes drive from services in Montepulciano and a short drive to to tourist hotspots such as Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona, Siena, San Gimignano, Florence…
The buildings were all restored in the 1990s, preserving and retaining the typical style and features and installing modern systems and comforts typical of the 21st century.
The property is made up of four buildings (totaling 4,063 sqm – 43,717 sqft) including the modern wine cellar, equipped with cutting-edge machinery, a tasting room and seven bedrooms for guests looking for a stay amidst the Montepulciano Tuscany vineyards.
The estate covers a total surface area of about 48.0 hectares, the majority of which are covered in vineyards (31.0 ha), particularly suited to produce the world famous Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG wine (16.0 ha is registered vineyard). The remaining area is made up of arable land (13.0 ha) and includes a 4.0-ha olive grove producing the excellent extra-virgin Terre di Siena DOP olive oil.
Since 2017, the farm has been working with organic-only methods and sports an official organic certification.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 31.0 hectares (16.0 ha Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Malvasia, Riesling, Traminer, Petit Manseng
– Altitude: 300 – 400 m
– Exposure: south-west
– Density of planting: 4,000 – 5,200 vines / ha
– Years of planting: early 2000s
– Training: pruned-spur cordon
– Yearly production: over 200,000 bottles (100,000 of Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG)
– Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
– Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG: 95% Sangiovese, 5% Merlot e Caberne Sauvignon
– Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG: 90% Sangiovese, 5% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
– Rosso di Montepulciano DOC: 80% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot
– SuperTuscan IGT: 50% Sangiovese, 50% Merlot
– Toscana Bianco IGT: 30% Sauvignon Blanc, 20% Malvasia, 20% Riesling, 15% Traminer, 15% Petit Manseng
– Toscana Bianco IGT “Muffato”: 25% Malvasia, 25% Riesling, 25% Traminer, 25% Petit Manseng
- TYPE: Tuscan Winery and Agriturismo and olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Montepulciano
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 4,063 square metres (43,717 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 7
- BATHROOMS: 12
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick-built arches, fireplaces, modern cellar, Nobile di Montepulciano vineyards
- LAND: 48.0 hectares (118.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Farmhouse, tasting room, Agriturismo
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Montepulciano (4km; 10’), Torrita di Siena (13km; 20’), Pienza (16km; 25’), Castiglione del Lago (29km; 40’), Montalcino (37km; 50’), Cortona (39km; 55’), Castiglione del Fiorentino (41km; 50’), Arezzo (57km; 55’), Siena (64km; 1h), Orvieto (70km; 1h 10’), Grosseto (94km; 1h 40’), San Gimignano (109km; 1h 40’), Florence (115km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (77km; 1h 10’), Firenze Vespucci (131km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (191km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (192km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (207km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (213km; 2h 30’)
See more Tuscany vineyards for sale