For sale in the province of Florence Tuscany, wine estate property, farmhouse divided into a 4 bed and a 2 bed apartment, 45.3 hectares (111.9 acres) land inc 25.8 ha vineyard and possible to expand.
Wine Estate – Chianti Classico DOCG Vineyards for sale
Situated amid the picturesque Chianti Classico’s hills, near to Greve, a 45.3-hectare wine estate is being offered for sale. The property encompasses a charming farmhouse and a well-appointed wine cellar with the capacity to house approximately 180,000 wine bottles annually. The expansive vineyard spans 25.8 hectares and holds official registration as Chianti Classico DOCG. Its potential for growth extends further by converting the estate’s arable land, which spans over 15 hectares.
This property also presents promising prospects for tourism development, owing to its two flats and tranquil setting. Furthermore, the open land on the estate could be transformed into an equestrian space, lending itself to the establishment of a modest riding school.
Essential amenities can be found in the nearby village (1km; 2 minutes drive), which is also within walking distance. A supermarket is conveniently accessible at a slightly greater distance (6km; 10 minutes drive). Less than an hour’s journey through the captivating Chianti hills leads to the historic centre of Florence to the north.
The farmhouse, occupying an area of 350 square metres (3,766 square feet), boasts six bedrooms and four bathrooms. It is perched atop the hill, accessed via a driveway that weaves through the property’s vineyards. Spanning two levels, the structure is divided into two apartments, supplemented by two practical storage spaces on the ground floor with independent entrances.
– The primary apartment (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft, ground and first floor) comprises an entrance, a living room with a service bathroom, a spacious dining room with a fireplace and a kitchen on the lower level. The upper floor hosts four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
– The guest apartment (75 sqm – 807 sqft, first floor) encompasses an entrance hall, a dining area with an open kitchen, a utility room, two bedrooms, and a bathroom.
Adjacent to the farmhouse is the historic barn (65 sqm – 699 sqft), a stone edifice comprising two sizeable storage chambers and two additional side storage rooms.
Positioned beside the farmhouse, the wine cellar (625 sqm – 6,725 sqft) features its own loading and unloading area. This building is partitioned into two extensive zones, one of which can serve as shelter for vehicles and equipment.
Encompassing a total expanse of approximately 45.3 hectares (111.9 acres) in the undulating Chianti hills, the property features a small garden (4,750 sqm) alongside parking areas and a manoeuvring courtyard for the cellar.
The nucleus of this estate is unequivocally its Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard, dispersed across various plots encircling the structures:
– Vineyard area: 25.8516 hectares (63.7 acres)
– Grape Varieties: Sangiovese (85%), Ancellotta (9%), Colorino (3%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Merlot (1%)
– Altitude: 215 – 340 metres above sea level
– Planting Years: 1991 – 2018
– Training Method: spurred cordon (3,800 vines/ha)
– Annual Grape Harvest: 117 tons
– Potential Production Capacity: up to 180,000 bottles per year
The estate also comprises 15.5 hectares of arable land, offering the potential for seamless vineyard expansion, significantly augmenting production capacity. Conversely, the grazing land (3.1 hectares), characterised by gentle slopes, provides an ideal foundation for the creation of a modest equestrian facility for visitors seeking such pursuits.
- TYPE: Tuscan wine estate
- CONDITION: Good
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (800m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Greve in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,040 square metres (11,190 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 17
- BEDROOMS: 6
- BATHROOMS: 4
- ANNEXES: Wine cellar, barn
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, wooden fixtures, fireplaces, porch, wine cellar, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, the possibility of having horses
- TOTAL LAND: 45.3 hectares (111.9 acres)
- VINEYARDS: 25.8 hectares (63.7 acres)
- POTENTIAL PRODUCTION: up to 180,000 bottles / year
- GARDEN: Yes, around the farmhouse
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (1km; 2’), Greve in Chianti (9km; 15’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (18km; 25’), Florence (20km; 35’), Gaiole in Chianti (38km; 50’), San Gimignano (47km; 55’), Monteriggioni (49km; 50’), Siena (65km; 1h), Volterra (68km; 1h 15’), Lucca (98km; 1h 20’), Pisa (101km; 1h 30’), Cortona (113km; 1h 35’), Forte dei Marmi (127km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (37km; 40’), Pisa G. Galilei (98km; 1h 20’), Bologna G. Marconi (119km; 1h 30’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (135km; 1h 50’), Perugia San Francesco (157km; 2h 10’), Forlì L. Ridolfi (199km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (284km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (300km; 3h 15’)