Impeccably presented working wine and farm estate in Tuscany. Set in 37.5 hectares of land used for vineyards, olive grove and grain. Excellent agricultural opportunity.
Tuscan Wine Estate – Farm and Olive Grove
37.5-ha Tuscan wine estate with IGP olive grove. The estate has a fully functional wine cellar and is capable of producing up to 45,000 bottles of IGT and DOC wine per year. There are two apartments (190 sqm) and several agricultural outbuildings. The land is divided into vineyards (12.5 ha), olive grove (3,000 trees) and arable land (13.0) planted with grain.
Near to Monterotondo Marittimo and not far from Grosseto the property is easily reached and the Tuscan Coast is just 50 km away.
The main building has a surface area of410 sqm – 4,412 sqft and includes a vinification cellar on the ground floor (180 sqm – 1,937 sqft), a kitchen and several storage rooms (40 sqm – 430 sqft).
On the first floor there are two apartments (130 sqm and 60 sqm – 1,399 sqft and 646 sqft) both fitted with nice and spacious terraces (100 sqm and 30 sqm – 1,076 sqft and 323 sqft).
Partially underground there is a cellar for the barriques (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft).
There are also a garage for the tractors (300 sqm – 3,228 sqft) and several annexes for a total of ca. 60 sqm (646 sqft).
The property is surrounded by 37.5 hectares of land, of which 12.5 covered in IGT and DOC vineyards. The property also features alargee IGP olive grove (half of which follows an intensive regime) with roughly 3,000 trees (Leccio del corno, Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio varieties).
A good part of the arable land (13.0 ha) has been recently recovered to produce grain which is then used to produce typical Tuscan pasta.
The remaining land is covered in mixed woodland and grazing land and includes a private water basin which is used as an irrigation source.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 12.5 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese (40%), Syrah (16%), Vermentino (12%), Marsanne (8%), Roussanne (8%), Merlot (8%), Chardonnay (4%) e Cabernet Sauvignon (4%)
– Average altitude: 100 m
– Density of planting: 3,300 – 5,000 vines / ha
– Training: Guyot, pruned-spur cordon
– Terrain composition: calcareous
– Yearly production: up to 40,000 bottles
– Maremma Toscana DOC Rosso: Sangiovese, Syrah, Merlot
– Maremma Toscana DOC Bianco: Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Traminer
– Costa Toscana IGT Rosso: Sangiovese
– Costa Toscana IGT Rosso: Merlot
– Costa Toscana IGT Bianco: Syrah
– Toscana Bianco IGT: Vermentino
– Toscana Bianco IGT: Marsanne, Roussanne
– Toscana Rosé IGT: Sangiovese, Syrah
This agricultural business is well-established and can produce around 35.000 – 40.000 bottles of wine per year. The cellars are in excellent shape and the two apartments can be used as the owners see fit – for example as a private residence for themselves, used for external or seasonal workers or they could alternatively be rented out to tourists as holiday accommodation.
The water basin allows a constant presence of water, so that fields can be irrigated even in the hottest seasons.
- TYPE Wine and farm estate
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilltop
- MUNICIPALITY Monterotondo Marittimo
- PROVINCE Grosseto
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 970 sqm (10,438 sqft)
- ROOMS 10+
- BEDROOMS 4
- BATHROOMS 5
- FEATURES Barriques, vineyard, olive grove, private lake, apartments, cellar, barrel vault
- LAND 37.5 ha (92.6 ac)
- GARDEN No
- ANNEX 2
- ACCESS Paved road
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Already connected
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (8km; 10’), Monterotondo Marittimo (15km; 20’), Volterra (55km; 1h), Grosseto (65km; 50’), Monteriggioni (79km; 1h 35’), San Gimignano (87km; 1h 40’), Siena (132km; 1h 40’), Montalcino (114km; 1h 35’), Montepulciano (152km; 2h 15’), Florence (168km; 2h 5’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (65km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (113km; 1h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (165km; 1h 55’), Perugia San Francesco (240km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (237km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (256km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (255km; 2h 50’)
See more Italian Vineyards
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…