Distinctive and unusual Historic Italian property. 11th-Century watchtower which has been transformed to make a luxury home with dependence and land.
Historic Italian property For Sale – Watch Tower Perugia Umbria
This unique and impressive property is located on the hills of Umbria, not far from Perugia. This original property has been transformed into a luxury home with 700 sqm of surface area and 6 bedrooms. A courtyard enclosed by crenellated walls offers a peaceful outdoor area. The property is surrounded by 10.6 hectares of land (currently rented out) and has a 150-tree olive grove to produce your own olive oil.
The main house (600 sqm – 6,456 sqft) is laid out over four floors organized as follows:
– Basement: technical room, boiler room and two storage rooms;
– Ground floor: entrance hall, dining room, living room and bathroom;
– First floor: living room, hallway, studio, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Second floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, hallway, three bedrooms and bathroom.
An annexe (100 sqm – 1,076 sqft) is currently used as a warehouse but could easily be converted into another residential unit.
The original watchtower was built between the 10th and the 11th century as part of a defensive system ordered by the Della Corgna family of Perugia. Over time, the watchtower was enlarged with new sections and in the 18th century, it acquired its current shape, hiding the whole tower inside. The building was recently restored with extreme care, keeping the look of the building unchanged and implementing luxury finishes. The stone walls have been cleaned and brought back to its original splendour, wooden beams have been cleaned and valorized as well as the original terracotta floors. Stone vaults have been recovered further embellishing the structure.
Surrounded by 10.6 hectares of land, entirely used as arable land and currently rented out. The land was originally used as a vineyard and it would be possible to plant vines to convert back and produce your own wine. A small olive grove (approx. 150 trees) is located next to the property producing a small quantity of olive oil.
TYPE 11th-Century watchtower which has been transformed to make a luxury home with dependence and land.
CONDITION Restored, luxury finishes
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 700 sqm (7,532 sqft)
FEATURES Stone walls, crenellations, courtyard, vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, parquet floors, wooden beams
LAND 10.6 ha
GARDEN 10,000 sqm (fenced)
ACCESS Unpaved road (200 m)
POOL No, but possible
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Private well + mains water
HEATING Underfloor + fireplaces
TELEPHONE Already connected
Town with services (1km; 5’), Perugia (10km; 20’), Magione (15km; 20’), Passignano Sul Trasimeno (23km; 25’), Assisi (36km; 45’), Gubbio (47km; 45’), Todi (54km; 55’), Spoleto (74km; 1h), Orvieto (88km; 1h 30’)
Perugia Sant’Egidio (21km; 30’), Ancona Falconara (125km; 1h 45’), Firenze Peretola (164km; 1h 45’), Roma Ciampino (195km; 2h 15’), Roma Fiumicino (210km; 2h 20’)
See more Castle properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Farmhouse with garden Restored stone Farmhouse with garden, dependence, pool, olive grove and panoramic view. 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Near to Liciano Niccone in Umbria. The property retains traditional characteristics such as…
- Arezzo Castle Near to Cortona in Tuscany Italy is this medieval tower which has been restored and transformed into a spacious cosy castle style home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large plot…
- Italian farmhouse for sale Restored Italian farmhouse for sale with a converted chapel, pool, garden and olive grove and 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres) land. 8 Bedrooms overall. Ideal home and income. Near Umbertide in…