Tuscan vineyard real estate, comprising 88.9 hectares (219.7 acres) estate with large vineyards and an olive grove. Further potential with an approved plan for a large wine cellar plus scope to renovate and convert a building to make an agriturismo.
Italy Wine Estate and Olive Grove
On the Maremma hills is this 88.9-hectare estate for sale. The property includes a large vineyard (52.3 ha of white and red varieties), a country house to be restored and an agricultural warehouse. There is an approved project for a new wine cellar. The yearly production ranges around 600 tons of grapes (with a potential of up to 550,000 bottles of wine).
The estate is 10 minutes drive from a town with all the services (7km; 10’) and in 2 hours or less you can reach many of the well-known towns and cities on the Tuscan coast and inland.
The heart of the property is a three-story historic building (600 sqm – 6,456 sqft) which could be restored into an Agriturismo. The building is currently split into two apartments: one has been inhabited since a few years back, while the other is occasionally used by the owners. The building is structurally sound, with the roof being remade roughly ten years ago, but needs renovation and updates to be fully exploitable.
Facing the nearby courtyard is an agricultural warehouse (800 sqm – 8,608 sqft), recently built, that is currently used as storage for tools and vehicles.
There is an approved project (to be re-activated) for the construction of a huge wine cellar (roughly 2,500 sqm – 26,900 sqft).
The property, approximately 88.9 hectares in its entirety, is made up mostly of vineyards (52.3 ha). The remaining surface area includes olive grove (2.7 ha), meadows and arable land (6.4 ha), woodland and unused land (27.5 ha).
The vineyard was planted in the early 2000s and is currently in full production. The whole vineyard has been created after careful work to create the right slopes and ensure the best exposure for the vineyards, with all the necessary drainage channels.
The vineyards are also watered with an irrigation system fed by two private wells: these ensure constant production thanks to supporting irrigation in the case of dry seasons.
The estate is currently undergoing the conversion to organic methods.
The presence of red and white varieties allows the estate to be very flexible, with a varied production ideal for the modern market, which has very diverse demands.
The estate currently only produces grapes (between 500 and 600 tons per year) which are then processed and transformed elsewhere. Re-activating the project for the cellar one could create a complete production line, ranging from grape pressing to bottling.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 52.3 hectares (26.0 ha red + 26.3 ha white)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (14.6026 ha), Cabernet Sauvignon (6.0360 ha), Pinot Grigio (10.2208 ha), Vermentino (8.8382 ha), Sauvignon (4.9511 ha), Merlot (3.5858 ha), Chardonnay (2.2889 ha), Syrah (1.8008 ha)
– Wines allowed: Montecucco DOCG, Maremma DOC, Toscana IGT
– Density of planting: 5,000 vines / ha (2.50 × 0.80 m)
– Altitude: approx. 200 m asl
– Years of planting: early 2000s
– Training: pruned-spur cordon, Guyot
– Yearly production: 500 – 600 tons of grapes (up to 550,000 bottles)
- TYPE: Organic wine estate
- CONDITION: Part restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, not far from the sea
- MUNICIPALITY: Grosseto
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,400 square metres (15,064 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: up to 6
- BATHROOMS: up to 6
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone country house to be restored, agricultural warehouse, an approved project for a wine cellar, vineyards, olive grove, irrigation system for the vineyards
- LAND: 88.9 hectares (219.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Country house to be restored
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private wells
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (7km; 10’), Roccastrada (19km; 25’), Montalcino (34km; 35’), Grosseto (35km; 30’), Siena (43km; 40’), Castiglione della Pescaia (57km; 50’), Terme di Saturnia (67km; 1h 10’), Follonica (76km; 55’), Punta Ala (77km; 1h 10’), Florence (118km; 1h 30’), Bolgheri (121km; 1h 25’), Rome (215km; 2h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (41km; 35’), Firenze Vespucci (124km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (151km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (183km; 1h 50’), Bologna Marconi (206km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (225km; 2h 35’), Roma Fiumicino (208km; 2h 20’)