This vineyard in Italy for sale has 96.0 hectares of vines and is capable of producing over a million bottles of wine per year. Near the Tuscan coast in the Maremma hills, the estate covers a total of 120.1 hectares and also includes a house (which needs renovation), agricultural warehouse, wine cellar and olive grove.
Tuscan Organic Vineyard Estate
The estate, which covers a total of approximately 120.1 hectares, is mostly made up of vineyards (96.0 hectares). The remaining surface area is occupied by an arboretum (1.0 ha), olive grove (3.3 ha), arable land (1.1 ha), woodland and unused land (18.7 ha).
The vineyard was planted immediately after 2000 and is currently in full production. A large well allows emergency irrigation for the vineyards in the event of particularly dry seasons that could endanger the plants. and also makes it possible to produce a more or less consistent quantity of grapes from year to year.
The whole vineyard was built after careful agronomic work that made it possible to create large areas of vines, with planting layouts that allow mechanical processing, leading to savings on labour.
The estate is currently in organic conversion.
The presence of red and white varieties allows the company to be very flexible, with a heterogeneous production ideal for the current market which has a very varied demand.
The estate currently only grows the grapes which are then processed and transformed into wine elsewhere but the existing cellar could easily be adapted for the creation of a complete production line, from grape pressing to bottling.
DETAILS ON GRAPE/WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface area : 96.0 hectares (70.6 ha red + 25.4 ha white)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (37.5206 ha), Cabernet Sauvignon (13.4893 ha), Vermentino (17.2921 ha), Montepulciano (5.0100 ha), Chardonnay (8.0861 ha), Merlot (3.1036 ha), Alicante (3.1026 ha), Alicante Bouschet (3.3674 ha), Petit Verdot (2.7581 ha), Syrah (2.2201 ha)
– Wines allowed: Monteregio di Massa Marittima DOC, Maremma Toscana DOC, Toscana IGT
– Altitude: roughly 100 m asl
– Density of planting: 5,000 vines / ha (2.50 × 0.80 m)
– Year of planting: early 2000s
– Training: pruned-spur cordon, Guyot
– Yearly production: 1,000 – 1,200 tons of grapes (up to 1,100,000 bottles)
– Maximum storage capacity: 3,000 hl
The property includes a large agricultural building (1,200 sq m) which is currently used both as a warehouse for vehicles and equipment and as a cellar equipped with pressing tools and fermentation vats.
A two-storey farmhouse (300 square metres, former property of the Maremma Authority) was inhabited until recently by some employees of the company and only needs finishing and modernization to be inhabited on a permanent basis.
This vineyard in Italy is located at the base of a hill with a medieval castle on the summit just a few kilometres from a town with all services (4km; 5 ‘) and within easy reach of the coastal towns of Tuscany. Lovely commercial property with further potential.
- TYPE: Vineyard in Italy – Organic estate
- CONDITION: Excellent, country house to be restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, not far from the sea
- MUNICIPALITY: Grosseto
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,500 square metres (16,140 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: up to 5
- BATHROOMS: up to 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Wine cellar, farmhouse to be restored, vineyards, well for irrigation of the vineyards, olive grove
- LAND: 120.1 hectares (296.8 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Farmhouse
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (4km; 5’), Massa Marittima (24km; 25’), Grosseto (30km; 30’), Follonica (32km; 30’), Castiglione della Pescaia (42km; 40’), Punta Ala (45km; 45’), Montalcino (57km; 55’), Siena (64km; 1h), Porto Santo Stefano (76km; 1h 5’), Montepulciano (93km; 1h 40’), Cortona (133km; 1h 55’), Florence (139km; 2h), Rome (210km; 2h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (31km; 30’), Pisa Galilei (139km; 1h 30’), Firenze Vespucci (145km; 1h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (195km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (220km; 2h 25’), Bologna Marconi (227km; 2h 55’)