Villa in Tuscany for sale, just 15 minutes drive from Lucca and 30 minutes from the coast. Large historic restored property with pool, currently a stylish 10 bed boutique hotel but could also be converted back to a prestige home.
Lucca Tuscany Villa Hotel Property For Sale
A short distance from the Tuscan city of Lucca and about 30 minutes from the coast is this large elegant historic villa dating back to the 18th century which is currently used as a stylish boutique hotel. Restored to make 10 elegant bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and a restaurant with a professional kitchen standing in a mature and well maintained 5,000 square metre park with centuries-old trees. There is also a large swimming pool (200 m2) and a gravel car park for guest use.
The villa has all the services nearby (2km; 3 ‘) and you can reach the centre of Lucca in about 15 minutes and other towns and cities in Tuscany such as Pisa, Viareggio, Forte dei Marmi, Volterra, San Gimignano, Florence, Siena can be easily and quickly reached in less than two hours by car.
This lovely villa in Tuscany has a surface area of 1,120 sqm with 10 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms and is stylishly characterized by the striking blue facade with contrasting white windows, unfolds over four floors in total.
Entering the ground floor you find yourself in a large reception area for guests, from which a stone staircase leads to the other levels, in addition to the elevator.
On the left of the reception there is a small study/office, while on the right there is a large living room with fireplace and guest bathroom.
Also on the ground floor are the first two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Through a glass corridor, you arrive at the restaurant, built inside a semicircular gazebo structure in iron and glass that recalls the classic winter gardens. Attached to the restaurant are a large professional kitchen and guest bathrooms.
Going up to the two upper floors (via the stone staircase or the elevator) you arrive at the main sleeping area of the building, consisting of eight elegant suites (four per floor) with a bathroom, private sitting room, gallery or balcony. The various rooms are all unique in their decorations and finishes, featuring elegant colourful wallpapers with floral or geometric motifs, combined with matching curtains and furnishings.
In the basement (380 square meters) there are the changing rooms and bathrooms for employees, the wine cellar, various technical rooms for the systems and various warehouses serving the structure.
The villa, built in the mid-eighteenth century in the typical style of the manor buildings of the Lucca area, is surrounded by a lush park of 5,000 square metres crossed by a lovely stream and has centuries-old plants, flowers and citrus fruits, pleasantly scenting the air.
Not far from the villa is the swimming pool, with an irregular shape (about 200 square metres), with a wooden platform that can be equipped with gazebos for pleasant poolside breakfasts.
The property is completely enclosed with an exposed stone wall. As soon as you enter the automatic gate, a gravel apron offers a large outdoor area where guests can comfortably park their cars.
The building is currently operating as a boutique hotel but the building could easily be converted into a prestigious residence if you are looking for a private home, be it year-round or just for summer use.
- TYPE: Historic villa in Tuscany, currently utilised as a boutique hotel
- CONDITION: Restored (2015)
- LOCATION: Open and sunny
- MUNICIPALITY: Lucca
- PROVINCE: Lucca
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,120 square metres (12,051 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 14
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, parquet floors, boiserie, mouldings, wallpapers, original stone fireplaces, double-glazed windows, balconies, elevator, a restaurant inside a glass-walled gazebo, park with a stream, swimming pool, guest parking area, automated gate
- LAND: 5,000 square metres (1.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Restaurant hall
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: Yes, with irregular shape (200 sqm)
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network (energy class G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (2km; 3’), Lucca (7km; 15’), Pisa (13km; 15’), Viareggio (28km; 30’), Camaiore (33km; 30’), Forte dei Marmi (38km; 35’), Pistoia (46km; 35’), Livorno (50km; 40’), Volterra (72km; 1h 20’), La Spezia (78km; 1h), San Gimignano (79km; 1h 30’), Florence (80km; 1h 10’), Volterra (99km; 1h 10’), Siena (144km; 1h 40’), Arezzo (53km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (186km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Pisa Galilei (17km; 25’), Firenze Vespucci (72km; 45’), Bologna Marconi (154km; 1h 55’), Genova Colombo (168km; 1h 50’), Perugia San Francesco (236km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (364km; 3h 35’), Roma Fiumicino (351km; 3h 35’)
See more Italian Villas for sale