A superb villa in Tuscany Italy for sale. Restored with luxury finishes throughout this large spacious and stylish mansion is suitable for a variety of uses both residential and commercial.
Villa Mansion for sale in Italy
This finely and masterfully restored villa is ideal for several uses. It has many rooms which are currently used as offices and a huge professional kitchen with a restaurant hall in the basement. The superb finishes of the building, the size and location make it ideal for conversion into a luxury boutique hotel (creating more bedrooms from the offices) with a huge restaurant capable of offering both local and international cuisine. Also, the impressive gardens would make the perfect frame and background for events, ceremonies and weddings.
Alternatively, the villa is also ideal as a prestige company headquarters or a large luxury home or even subdivision into several residential units.
Located on the hills overlooking the beautiful historic town centre of Sansepolcro this 2,610-sqm mansion villa stands in a park and Italian gardens of 4.3 hectares (10.6 acres) has five floors and currently houses 10 beautiful bedrooms (with the possibility of creating many more), offices and a huge professional kitchen which would be ideal for use as a prestigious restaurant, utilising the rest of the property as a luxury boutique hotel.
Just a few minutes walk from Sansepolcro (1 km) which has services and amenities, bars, cafes, restaurants supermarkets, post offices, banks, pharmacies, doctors, hospital, schools etc.
supermarkets, post offices, banks, pharmacies.
The nearest airport is in Perugia (69km; 50’) but for international and intercontinental flights the airports in Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Rome are recommended.
This superb villa in Tuscany has as a surface area of 2,610 sqm – 28,084 sqft with (at the moment) 10 bedrooms and 20 bathrooms and is laid over five floors which are all connected with an elevator and comprise as follows:
– Basement: technical room for the systems of the villa, large professional kitchen with refrigerating rooms and pantries, tasting room, conference hall, two guest bathrooms and services for the staff;
– Ground floor: entrance room, reception, multipurpose room, restaurant with kitchen, breakfast room, music hall and two bathrooms;
– First floor: meeting room, several offices (many of which easily converted into bedrooms), two service bathrooms and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Second floor: entrance room, cosy sitting room and eight bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Third floor: large lofts, two closets and an exquisite veranda overlooking the historic town centre of Sansepolcro and the Tiber Valley. Through a staircase, you can reach the stunning panoramic terrace (40 sqm) located on the roof of the building.
In a secluded position from the villa, there is a large underground warehouse (250 sqm – 2,690 sqft) which could be converted into a wellness centre, with the possibility of building a swimming pool, or even into staff accommodation.
The property is then completed by several technical rooms (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft), a storage room (60 sqm – 646 sqft) and a small lemon house (30 sqm – 323 sqft) which could also be used as a summer living area.
The villa mansion has a typical 19th-century style and dominates Sansepolcro from the hill. The current look was given to the building with a restoration in the first two decades of the 20th century on the instructions of Luigi Fatti (hence the name). The façade of the villa has a Neoclassical style, with the lower floors highlighted by ashlar (bugnato). The upper floors, on the other hand, have a striking resemblance with late-Renaissance palaces in Rome and Florence, with half-columns, epistyles and gabled windows leading onto a panoramic balcony.
Internally, the building has large and bright halls with superb finishes which were carefully preserved and valorized during the restoration of the 1990s. Other features include frescoes, coffered ceilings, original stone fireplaces, marble and parquet floors and many more details which give the mansion a refined and luxurious look.
The breathtaking veranda and the rooftop terrace were built when Luigi Fatti first restored and reworked the villa.
This villa in Tuscany stands in a 4.3-hectare plot of land which is covered for the most part with a beautiful English style park (3.0 ha). The villa has two entrances: the historic one is a typical cypress-lined avenue closed by a gate; the second one, more recent, winds up the hill and leads to several parking areas before reaching the rear entrance of the villa.
A short distance from the villa is a tennis court.
The remaining surface area of roughly 1.3 hectares is dotted by 360 olive trees producing excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
The beautiful and lush Italian gardens, located both on the front and the rear of the villa, has been carefully recovered and landscaped between 1992 and 1993 when the whole complex was restored under the supervision of architect Lucina Caravaggi. The original look of the garden was of paramount importance and many of its features have been preserved and/or recreated, among which are gravelled and paved walkways, hedges, terraces, rare trees and fountains.
- TYPE: Mansion villa in Tuscany
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Sansepolcro
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 3,150 square metres (33,895 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 50+
- BEDROOMS: 10+
- BATHROOMS: 20+
- MAIN FEATURES: Decorated stone fireplaces, coffered ceilings, Neoclassical façade, elevator, veranda with panoramic terrace, park with lush Italian garden, olive grove, cypress-lined avenue, tennis court, professional kitchen, frescoed halls, marble floors
- LAND: 4.3 hectares (10.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Storage rooms, warehouse, lemon house
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Historic center of Sansepolcro (1km; 5’), Anghiari (10km; 15’), Città di Castello (19km; 20’), Arezzo (38km; 40’), Perugia (70km; 50’), Montepulciano (85km; 1h 20’), Siena (95km; 1h 25’), Florence (110km; 1h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (69km; 50’), Firenze Peretola (132km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (178km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (252km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (266km; 2h 50’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Hotel with Restaurant with Pool and Pizzeria This Hotel property is located in a residential area of a historical town near the border between Tuscany and Umbria. 12 bedrooms overall, gardens, swimming pool, restaurant and Pizzeria. Italian…
- Commercial Property Opportunity Super commercial property opportunity on Italy's Amalfi Coast. A 17-bedroom hotel with sea views and a restaurant which is for sale in an ideal tourist location, just a short distance…
- Luxury Italian Hotel For Sale Luxury Italian hotel for sale, Florence city centre. Elevator, garden, 15 bedrooms each with bathroom, A/C. TV and ADSL. Close to all the landmarks of Tuscany's No1 destination. Florence Tuscany…