Tuscan stately villa home with guest annexe, 2.2 hectares (5.4 acres) land and gardens, olive grove. 12 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms in total. Lovely far reaching views over the city of Arezzo.
Tuscan stately villa home, guest annexe, land and gardens, olive grove
This stately villa home is located in a very panoramic position with a direct view of the historic city centre of Arezzo. The property (over 950 square metres) consists of three buildings and currently houses 12 rooms, with some restoration work needed in some parts of the estate. The land of 2.2 hectares hosts an elegant terraced Italian garden and a large olive grove producing ample extra virgin olive oil for personal use.
Services are all available in the immediate vicinity (500 m) and easily reachable on foot. The historic city centre of Arezzo is less than 5 minutes by car and Tuscan towns and cities such as Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Florence, San Gimignano … can be reached in just over an hour or less.
The main villa (680 sqm, 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms) is structured on three floors. In the basement there are two large rooms used as a cellar.
On the ground floor, currently not used but connected to the upper floor by an internal staircase, there is a large apartment with living room / entrance, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms with private bathroom, bedroom with bathroom in the corridor and walk-in closet.
Going up to the first floor, is the the main apartment consisting of an elegant reception hall, sitting room / reading room, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms with private bathroom and bedroom with exit to the panoramic terrace (50 sqm). Going further up, in the attic there is a spacious fitness / gym area, an attic used for storage and a small caretakers apartment consisting of a small living area with kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry.
The lemon house (50 sqm), located not far from the villa, needs some maintenance interventions and consists of a winter greenhouse to shelter the plants and an accessory room currently used as a laundry.
The guest annex has a surface area of 226 sqm with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and is divided into two apartments in the residential part and includes, immediately next to it, a spacious garage (50 sqm) and a laundry room (8 sqm).
Apartment A (121 sqm, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is spread over two floors: on the ground floor there is a large living room, a kitchen with a porch and a service bathroom; going up to the first floor we find three bedrooms and a bathroom.
Apartment B (47 sqm, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is located on the first floor and consists of a kitchen with pantry, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The villa is surrounded by about 2.2 hectares of land that stretch mainly towards the east. The high west, slightly sloping, has been transformed with terraces into an elegant Italian garden decorated with hedges and gravel paths. The garden is in good condition but needs some minor maintenance and restoration of the greenery.
At the rear of the villa there is the agricultural land which houses an olive grove for the production of oil for personal use.
The gravel driveway leads from the road directly to a comfortable square near the annexe and from here to the two private garages of the property.
From the terrace on the first floor of the villa you can enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the historic city centre of Arezzo.
- TYPE: Stately villa home with guest annexe
- CONDITION: Mainly restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: excellent
- MUNICIPALITY: Arezzo
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 956 square metres (10,287 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 29
- BEDROOMS: 12
- BATHROOMS: 9
- ANNEXES: Lemon house, guesthouse
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, parquet floors, wooden beams, mouldings, marble fireplaces, skylights, panoramic terrace overlooking the historic city centre of Arezzo, private garage, Italian garden
- EXTERIORS: 2.2 hectares (5.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (500m; 2’), historic center of Arezzo (2km; 5’), Castiglion Fiorentino (17km; 20’), Cortona (28km; 35’), Montepulciano (50km; 50’), Pienza (57km; 1h), Passignano sul Trasimeno (64km; 50’), Siena (69km; 1h), Montalcino (71km; 1h 15’), Firenze (79km; 1h 15’), Monteriggioni (88km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (111km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (89km; 1h 10’), Firenze Vespucci (96km; 1h 10’), Pisa Galilei (157km; 1h 55’), Bologna Marconi (178km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (228km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (244km; 2h 25’)
See more Villas in Tuscany for sale