Luxury Venice real estate located on the famous Grand Canal. Superb, finely restored 3 bedroom apartment in the heart of Venice overlooking the landmark waterway. Large and spacious property.
Grand Canal Venice Property
“Il Canalazzo”, the Grand Canal in Venice is famous for its palaces & gondolas and being the most important waterway in this historic beautiful city. The 3 bedroomed apartment for sale is located inside one of those historic palaces, dating back to the 14th century.
The large and spacious apartment has a surface area of 430 square metres /4627 square feet, with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and is located on the first floor of a splendid, recently renovated elegant building.
Arriving at the floor, entering through the main door, there is an entrance that leads directly into the large living room (over 100 square meters) with double-height ceiling and balcony overlooking the Grand Canal. From here you have access to the master bedroom, which also overlooks the Grand Canal and features stucco decorations and brocade walls.
Returning to the hall, we then proceed through two reception rooms. From the second of these, you can go back to the entrance corridor, where there are two bathrooms, or continue inside the apartment. A door leads to the magnificent dining room and from here to the kitchen (recently renovated and made up of wood, steel and black marble furniture).
From the living room, a second door leads to the sleeping area, where there are two double bedrooms and a bathroom.
The building that houses the apartment dates back to the fourteenth century and was built by order of a noble Paduan family. The current building is the result of renovations, extensions and reconstructions that took place over the centuries and ended around the 17th century. The interiors are the result of major enhancement works ordered in the eighteenth century by the then owners. The walls of the various apartments, including the one in question, are still today decorated with works by important Venetian painters such as Giovanni Scajario (1726-1792), Jacopo Guarana (1720-1808) and Francesco Zugno (1709-1787). Particularly interesting is the cycle of allegorical frescoes that tell the story of Aeneas and Dido, which can be found in the great hall and created by Giustino Menescardi (1720-1779) between 1760 and 1764.
The building, as we see it, is now structured on three floors. The façade, white and easily recognizable, has two contrasting styles: on the left, you can see typical elements of Venetian Gothic, while the right section (later) is of an exquisitely Renaissance style.
From the property, which is located near the Ponte degli Scalzi, you can walk to the most famous monuments and landmarks of Venice. From the closest to the farthest we find the Gothic church of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari (800 m; 10 ‘), the famous Rialto Bridge (1.6 km; 20’) on the Grand Canal, Calle Varisco (1.7 km; 20 ‘), one of the narrowest streets in the world (just 53 cm!), The prestigious “La Fenice” theatre (1.7 km; 20’), the Accademia Galleries (1.8 km; 20 ‘), Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo (1.9 km; 25 ‘) with the Church of Zanipolo and the equestrian monument to Bartolomeo Colleoni, the Scala del Bovolo (2.1 km; 20’), annexed to Palazzo Contarini, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection (2.2 km; 25 ‘), the splendid Piazza San Marco (2.2 km; 25’) with the homonymous Basilica and the imposing Palazzo Ducale, and finally the fortified Arsenale (2.8 km; 35 ‘) thanks to whose work Venice was able to dominate the Mediterranean for centuries.
- TYPE: Luxury apartment
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: On the Grand Canal, Cannaregio
- MUNICIPALITY: Venice
- PROVINCE: Venice
- REGION: Venice
- INTERIORS: 430 square metres (4,627 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 9
- BEDROOMS: 3
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: View on the Grand Canal, balcony, plaster decorations, walls painted with trompe-l’œil motives, Venetian graniglia floors, marble bathrooms, marble fireplaces, double-height ceilings, brocaded walls
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No, but a balcony
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent, on foot
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma).
- Treviso (29km; 30’), Padova (36km; 40’), Cittadella (61km; 55’), Bassano del Grappa (91km; 1h 15’), Ferrara (107km; 1h 20’), Verona (116km; 1h 20’), Redipuglia (116km; 1h 15’), Cortina d’Ampezzo (145km; 2h), Trieste (148km; 1h 50’), Sirmione (149km; 1h 45’), Mantua (153km; 1h 40’), Trento (208km; 2h 15’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma). Venezia Marco Polo (8km; 15’), Trieste Ronchi dei Legionari (116km; 1h 15’), Verona Valerio Catullo (124km; 1h 20’), Bologna Marconi (149km; 1h 35’), Bergamo Orio al Serio (222km; 2h 20’), Milano Linate (254km; 2h 40’), Milano Malpensa (308km; 3h 10’)
See more Venice Italy Properties