Venice apartment. Interesting opportunity to convert a former workshop/ atelier into one or two apartments for a total of 2 bedrooms. The property has its own canal mooring.
Sestiere Castello Venice Apartment property
Near to Campo Santa Marina, sestiere Castello, is a 185-sqm property located on the ground floor. The property is currently used as a workshop and in the past was used as the atelier of an artist: it is, however, possible to convert this very nice property into a private Venice apartment dwelling with up to 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.
The train station Santa Lucia il located in sestiere Cannaregio (1.8 km; XXX) while Piazzale Roma (terminal for the bus line) is located in sestiere Santa Croce (2.3 km; 30’); both allow quickly reaching Mestre, on the mainland of Italy.
The property is in good condition with floors tiled in the typical Venetian graniglia, wooden beams supporting the ceilings, wooden matchboarding and ceiling in the main halls over 3 m tall. Access is through a porta d’acqua (literally a ‘water door’ right along the canals, with no actual road) and the property features a private boat mooring spot.
The size of the unit would make it possible with a slight reworking of the internal layout, to split the property into two smaller independent apartments.
From the property, located close to Campo Santa Marina, one can easily reach on foot the most famous monuments and landmarks of Venice. Ranked by distance we can find Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo (200 m; 3’) with the Chiesa di Zanipolo and the equestrian monument dedicated to Bartolomeo Colleoni, the famous and unmistakable Ponte di Rialto (400 m; 5’) crossing the Canal Grande, Calle Varisco (400 m; 5’), one of the narrowest alleys in the world (just 53 cm wide!), the unique and beautiful Piazza San Marco (600 m, 8’) with the homonym Basilica and the imposing Palazzo Ducale, the Scala del Bovolo (800 m; 10’), part of the beautiful Palazzo Contarini, the prestigious theatre “La Fenice” (900 m; 10’), the fortified Arsenal (1.0 km; 12’) whose work allowed Venice to dominate the Mediterranean Sea for centuries, the Gothic church of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari (1.3 km; 15’), the Gallerie dell’Accademia (1.5 km; 20’) and finally the Peggy Guggenheim Collection (1.5 km; 20’).
- TYPE: A former atelier/workshop, convertible into an apartment/apartments
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Sestiere Castello, Campo Santa Marina
- MUNICIPALITY: Venice
- PROVINCE: Venice
- REGION: Veneto
- INTERIORS: 185 square metres (1,991 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 5
- BEDROOMS: up to 2
- BATHROOMS: 1
- MAIN FEATURES: Cotto and Venetian graniglia flooring, wooden beams, porta d’acqua, 3-m tall ceilings, wooden matchboarding
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: On foot, via boat (private mooring spot)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Fan-coils
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma).
- Treviso (29km; 30’), Padova (36km; 40’), Cittadella (61km; 55’), Bassano del Grappa (91km; 1h 15’), Ferrara (107km; 1h 20’), Verona (116km; 1h 20’), Redipuglia (116km; 1h 15’), Cortina d’Ampezzo (145km; 2h), Trieste (148km; 1h 50’), Sirmione (149km; 1h 45’), Mantua (153km; 1h 40’), Trento (208km; 2h 15’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma).
- Venezia Marco Polo (8km; 15’), Trieste Ronchi dei Legionari (116km; 1h 15’), Verona Valerio Catullo (124km; 1h 20’), Bologna Marconi (149km; 1h 35’), Bergamo Orio al Serio (222km; 2h 20’), Milano Linate (254km; 2h 40’), Milano Malpensa (308km; 3h 10’)
See more Venice property for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Venice Italy Property For Sale Venice Italy property for sale comprising a large - 270 square metres /2,905 square feet/- apartment with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and panoramic views over the lagoon. Large apartment…
- Venice property for sale Venice property for sale - one bedroom apartment with water access in a 17th-century historic palazzo. Restored and for sale with design furnishings. Ideal for holiday home and rentals. Venice…
- Venetian Apartment Luxury Venetian apartment. 3 Bed, 3 bath duplex on the first floor of a historic palazzo with an elevator. Close to all the major landmarks, services and amenities of Venice.…