Unique Tuscan home for sale. Superb restored farmhouse (Owners and Agriturismo use) with swimming pool, land 756.3-hectare hunting and wildlife reserve. A very versatile property with further potential to increase accommodation, plant vineyards and or horse/cattle breeding.
Hunting and Wildlife Estate with Agriturismo in Tuscany
This one-of-a-kind estate with an animal hunting reserve spans 756.3 hectares and can be found in the Tuscan-Lazio Maremma, which is right on the boundary between the regions of Tuscany and Lazio. The setting is highly secluded and peaceful.
The restored farmhouse is 410 square metres in size and has been subdivided into 6 apartments for both visitors and the proprietors. There are a total of 9 bedrooms in the farmhouse including 4 bedrooms in the owners apartment.
The property provides a clear view that extends all the way to the ocean, and the serenity of the surrounding area is ideal for indulging in intellectual and naturalistic pursuits.
The farmhouse is located on a property that encompasses more than 756 hectares of woodland, scrubland, and meadows.
The old volcano that was responsible for the formation of Lake Bolsena may be found close to the farmhouse. and because of this, the soil, which is rich in quartz and is located 100 metres above sea level and 15 kilometres from the coast, establishes a one-of-a-kind and uncontaminated terroir. This terroir is distinguished by a significant temperature excursion between day and night, making it an excellent location for the cultivation of vineyards, if wanted.
In addition, the land could support the production of livestock, horses, and possibly even other types of animals.
The next village is only 15 kilometres away and has all of the necessary services, while towns such as Farnese, Pitigliano, Saturnia, and Bolsena… in Tuscany and Umbria can be reached within an hour’s drive.
The journey time to Rome is around one hour and a half, while the drive time to the Tuscan coast is approximately one hour.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 410 sqm – 4,412 sqft with a total of 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms) over two floors and is currently divided into six apartments: the first five are located on the ground floor and intended as guest accommodation, while the sixth occupies the entire second floor and is currently used by the owners:
– Apt. N°1 (80 sqm): dining room with kitchenette, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°2 (40 sqm): living room with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°3 (35 sqm): living room with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°4 (35 sqm): living room with fireplace and kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°5 (20 sqm): studio apartment with kitchenette, small outdoor terrace and bathroom.
– Apt. N°6 (200 sqm): entrance hall with bathroom, kitchen with dining area, living room, master bedroom with private bathroom, reception hall, three bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and storage room.
The farmhouse was originally used as a hunting lodge for big game drives in the surrounding mountains within the estate and was converted in recent years into a holiday accommodation business by the current owners. The building, although modified to make it usable for guests, retains its original layout and charachter with arches, carved fireplaces, wooden beams and terracotta floors.
The property also includes an old mining warehouse (75 sqm – 807 sqft), an agricultural warehouse (55 sqm – 592 sqft) with a canopy (530 sqm – 5,703 sqft) and a shed (300 sqm – 3,228 sqft) where vehicles and equipment can be stored.
In addition to its use as a working farm and a private hunting estate, the land on which the Agriturismo operation is situated has long served as a wildlife reserve.
The land itself encompasses a total area of 756.3 hectares, with more than 700 of those hectares being covered by woodland and scrubland.
The remaining parts of the estate consist of arable land, which covers 36 hectares, as well as tares and uncultivated land.
Due to the presence of two separate buildings (stables and mangers) that were previously used in the past to breed native Maremma cows and the flat spaces that surround the farmhouse it possible to breed cattle and horses in addition to the cultivation of vines or trees (olive, almond, hazelnut, etc.).
In addition, there are paddocks with stalls and boxes for the horses.
The estate is a wonderful location for hiking excursions, either on foot or astride a horse, along the historic paths that were once used by coal miners.
Some of the animals that live in and around this area include wild boars, deer, porcupines, and badgers.
In addition, because there is no light pollution, one may enjoy a gorgeous view of the stars in the night sky..
The farmhouse is now utilised for visitors, but the other structures on the property, such as barns and warehouses, have the potential to be converted into extra rooms and/or apartments in order to accommodate the growth of the enterprise.
If one were interested, the big plot of land that surrounds the farmhouse would be ideal to rear horses and/or cattle in comfort.
- TYPE: Unique Tuscan home – Estate with wildlife hunting reserve, Agriturismo
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (4 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Capalbio
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,370 square metres (14,742 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 9
- BATHROOMS: 8
- ANNEXES: Sheds, storage
- MAIN FEATURES: stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, brick arches, swimming pool, garden, agricultural sheds, land suitable for vineyards, cattle/horse breeding, paths in the woods, wildlife hunting reserve, private lake
- EXTERIORS: 756.3 hectares (1,868.8 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (15km; 20’), Farnese (16km; 20’), Montalto di Castro (19km; 30’), Ischia di Castro (20km; 25’), Pitigliano (24km; 30’), Saturnia (28km; 40’), Capalbio (39km; 45’), Tuscania (43km; 50’), Scansano (43km; 55’), Bolsena (45km; 50’), Ansedonia (47km; 50’), Civitavecchia (57km; 1h), Viterbo (58km; 1h), Porto Santo Stefano (61km; 1h 10’), Orvieto (68km; 1h 20’), Grosseto (77km; 1h 15’), Rome (116km; 1h 30’), Siena (150km; 2h), Florence (215km; 3h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto C. Baccarini (79km; 1h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (118km; 1h 30’), Perugia San Francesco (137km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (139km; 1h 50’), Firenze A. Vespucci (231km; 3h), Pisa G. Galilei (231km; 2h 50’)