Umbria property for sale comprising 2 farmhouses fully restored to make 3 apartments (8 bedrooms) and set up as home and holiday rental income. Enjoys a private, quiet location with superb panoramic views. Swimming pool and lovely gardens standing in 5,300 square metres (1.3 acres) of land. For sale including the majority of furniture, fixures and fittings.
Lovely Restored Farmhouse Properties With Pool
In the green hills of Umbria and close to the border with Tuscany are these fully restored farmhouses (565 sqm, completed in 2017) which have been turned into three independent apartments (two in the main farmhouse and one in the other) giving a total of 3 lounges, 3 kitchens/diners, 8 bedrooms, 11 travertine-tiled bathrooms and 3 service rooms.
The buildings have 360° panoramic views and are surrounded by 5,300 sqm of land including a well-maintained garden with a paved courtyard and a beautiful fully tiled mosaic 16 × 5 m swimming pool.
Services, facilities and amenities including several supermarkets, many fresh food stores, weekly market, bars and restaurants are available nearby in the town of Trestina (7km; 5’). You are close (less than 2 hours) to towns and cities such as Monte Santa Maria Tiberina, Città di Castello, Cortona, Perugia, Siena, Florence. The nearest airport is Perugia San Francesco (51km; 40’).
The main farmhouse has a surface area of 415 sqm – 4,465 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms on three floors and split into two independent apartments.
– Main residence (on the first and second floor): entrance hall with Murano glass chandelier, spacious living room with fireplace, open plan dining area and fully equipped kitchen with integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher, service bathroom and four bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
– The ground floor apartment: large open space made up of the living room, dining area and fully fitted kitchen with integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher, service bathroom, two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, storage/larder and utility room.
The house is built over the remains of what was originally a 13th-century watchtower which was expanded and converted in the 16th century into what is locally called a ‘noble farmhouse’. The fortification was later abandoned and it was used as a source of materials to build the farmhouse. The building has been recently restored to preserve the typical features of the Umbrian farmhouses such as the beautiful stone walls, wooden beams and terracotta tiles on all floors. The original crested and dated fireplace was installed when the property was converted in 1597.
The second farmhouse has a surface area of 150 sqm – 1,614 sqft and was also believed to be (at least in part) a watchtower dating from the 13th century.
It is on two floors, incorporating an entrance hall, living room, fully fitted kitchen with integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher, utility room with washing machine, service bathroom and two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
The three units are all centrally heated, fully air-conditioned, full-smoke/heat detection system and separately alarmed. All windows, patio doors and the doors to the Juliet balconies are made of chestnut hardwood, are double glazed and have inside and outside shutters, also, the units in all three kitchens are made of chestnut hardwood.
The farmhouses are surrounded by 5,300 square metres (1.3 acres) of land. Between the two buildings is a terracotta-paved courtyard which then leads to the 16 × 5 m swimming pool (depth 1.2 to 1.8 m) located on top of the slope.
The remaining area has been landscaped into well-maintained gardens and flowerbeds. The 3 × 3 m garden shed is included.
The remote-controlled gates, which can be operated from all three apartments, lead to a large parking area. There is also, in each property, a separate video address system linked to the gate.
The price includes all furniture, fixtures and fittings for the main residence. Only a few personal items will be removed and this will allow the property to be offered as immediate accommodation.
For the ground floor apartment, only fixtures and fittings are included in the price.
Finally, for the guesthouse, the price includes all furniture, fixtures and fittings, as well as bedding, towels, kitchen equipment, garden and patio furniture. This will allow the property to be offered as immediate accommodation or as a rental income property.
This Umbria property for sale offers an excellent turnkey opportunity.
- TYPE: Umbria Property For Sale – Countryside farmhouses, home and income
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hillside
- MUNICIPALITY: Città di Castello
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 565 square metres (6,079 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 17
- BEDROOMS: 8
- BATHROOMS: 11
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings, original stone fireplaces, swimming pool, fenced land, paved courtyard, garden
- LAND: 5,300 square metres (1.3 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained and fenced
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 16 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well (5,000 lt tank)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected (via the internet)
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (with separate meters to all the apartments)
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators + log burners + fireplace + air conditioning
- ALARM SYSTEM: alarm system + smoke/heat detector + video gate communications
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Trestina (7km; 5’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (14km; 20’), Umbertide (17km; 15′), Città di Castello (19km; 20’), Cortona (36km; 55’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (45km; 55’), Perugia (50km; 40’), Todi (90km; 1h 10’), Siena (102km; 1h 30’), Orvieto (125km; 1h 45’), Florence (138km; 2h), Rome (217km; 2h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia S. Francesco (51km; 40’), Firenze A. Vespucci (150km; 1h 50’), Bologna G. Marconi (208km; 2h 20’), Pisa G. Galilei (210km; 2h 40’), Roma Ciampino (231km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (245km; 2h 40’)
See more Italian farmhouses
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Italian farmhouse for sale Restored Italian farmhouse for sale with a converted chapel, pool, garden and olive grove and 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres) land. 8 Bedrooms overall. Ideal home and income. Near Umbertide in…
- Farmhouse Property For Sale Not one but two Stone farmhouse properties for sale in Umbria, just outside Monte Santa Maria Tiberina. Both restored and each has 2 bedrooms. Ideal home and income or extended…
- Small Agriturismo Business Large, spacious restored stone farmhouse with land, gardens, swimming and olive grove, currently run as a small Agriturismo business. 3 apartments plus owners accommodation. 10 mins from Umbertide. Stone…