Umbria property for sale comprising 57.5 hectares (142.1 acres) Estate with a large villa(670 sqm) and several other buildings. All need a total renovation. An interesting development opportunity.
Umbria Estate with large villa, land and outbuildings
In a quiet and private position in the green hills of Umbria, near to Montone is this interesting development opportunity comprising a large villa, barn, warehouse, farmhouse – all of which need to be to be restored- plus 57.5 hectares (142.1 acres) of land.
Basic services are available in the nearby village of Montone, one of the ” i borghi più bella d’italia” the most beautiful villages in Italy and driving to larger cities such as Città di Castello, Perugia, Assisi, Todi will only take around an hour or less.
The main villa has a surface area of 670 sqm – 7,209 sqft with 12 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and is spread across three levels.
The entrance room with the staircase to the upper levels, the villa’s cellars, a private office, and an artists studio with windows overlooking the valley are all located on the ground floor.
On the first floor, there is a dining room with a kitchen and pantry, a large living room with access to the 40-square-metre terrace, four bedrooms, and a bathroom.
Another staircase leads to the second floor, where there is a large reception room and eight bedrooms.
The top floor is made up of lofts and crawl spaces that are used for storage.
In good structural condition but needs restoration and new systems. You could also reshape the layout depending on your needs.
The old barn (20 sqm – 215 sqft) is a short distance from the villa and will need to be restored and could be used as a storage room and/or workshop.
A ruined farmhouse (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) in a hidden position from the villa could be restored into a guesthouse and/or staff accommodation.
The structure is divided into two independent floors that could be used as a living area (lower level) and a sleeping area (upper level) (upper level).
The buildings are then completed by a warehouse (110 sqm – 1,184 sqft) where cars and agricultural vehicles can be easily stored.
The villa is surrounded by 57.5 hectares of land (142.1 acres) covered for the most part in mixed woodland. Right around the villa is a plain area that could be easily landscaped into a pleasant garden and maybe install a swimming pool.
- TYPE: Umbria property for sale – Estate with large villa, land and outbuildings
- CONDITION: Needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Montone
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 1,000 square metres (10,760 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30+
- BEDROOMS: 15+
- BATHROOMS: 3+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, original fireplaces, terracotta and wooden floors, stone pavement, wooden beams, pergola, brick arches, terrace, ruin to be restored, a historic cellar
- LAND: 57.5 hectares (142.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Barn, warehouse, farmhouse – all need to be to be restored
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (600 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Montone (8km; 10’), Umbertide (13km; 15’), Città di Castello (28km; 30’); Sansepolcro (46km; 40’), Anghiari (49km; 45’), Cortona (51km; 55’), Perugia (45 km; 45’), Assisi (58km; 50’), Spello (64km; 50’), Arezzo (69km; 1h 10’), Montepulciano (81km; 1h 25’), Todi (85 km; 1h 5’), Siena (122km; 2h), Florence (143km; 2h), San Gimignano (163km; 2h 30’), Rome (222 km; 2h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (42km; 35’), Ancona Raffaello Sanzio (129km; 1h 50’), Forlì Ridolfi (152km; 2h), Firenze Vespucci (156km; 2h), Bologna Marconi (217km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (226km; 2h 35’), Pisa Galilei (241km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (245 km; 2h 50’).
See more Italian renovation properties