Beautifully restored farmhouse property in Umbria with gardens and an olive grove. Divided into two 2 bed apartments, possible to make a single home if wanted. Priced to sell.
Farmhouse home in Umbria – Two x 2 Bedroomed Apartments, Gardens and Olive Grove
Large and spacious property with fantastic far-reaching views. The building retains all the traditional features of Umbrian countryside buildings such as wooden beams, stone walls and terracotta floors plus modern conveniences such as solar panels, heat pump, and a camera security system.
At the moment, the home is subdivided into two separate apartments, each of which has a total of two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
On the exterior, there is a garden that encompasses around 5,000 square feet and has 100 olive trees.
The property is very close to a town with services (2 kilometres; 5 minutes) and Umbertide is just 6 kilometres and 10 minutes drive away. Although the airport in Perugia is the most handy, the terminals in Florence, Bologna, Pisa, and Rome are all as convenient. The airport in Perugia is about 35 minutes and 40 kilometres away.
The farmhouse has a total floor area of 250 square metres or 2,690 square feet and is now subdivided into two apartments, each of which has its own entrance, but itcould also be easily utilised as a single family home.
There is a garage on the ground level, in addition to a bathroom and a rustic kitchen.
– Apartment N°1 (first floor): living room and open space kitchen, bedroom with en-suite bathroom, bedroom with terrace and independent bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (first and second floor): entrance hall, living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, studio and bathroom.
A watchtower formerly stood in the spot where this modern-day country home is situated. The watchtower was placed there in the Middle Ages so that it could easily keep an eye on the valley.
When the tower was no longer required, it was partially dismantled and pieces were used to construct a church.
What was left of the abandoned structure went through a full refurbishment in 1999 that was quite conservative in nature.
By recycling existing materials and only installing new ones in areas where there was no other option available, it was determined to retain the appearance of the former building as close to its original state as possible whenever and wherever this was feasible.
In conjunction with this the farmhouse has also been expanded, which was made possible by permission granted by the Umbertide municipality. Additionally, the interiors of the home have been updated and modified to make it more livable and bring it up to modern standards. Contemporary conveniences such as solar panels (both photovoltaic and for heating water), a heat pump, and an alarm system with cameras were installed in the house.
The rural house is surrounded by a garden that is around 5,000 square metres in size and has approximately 100 olive trees to generate a modest supply of olive oil for personal consumption.
A handy gravelled apron is located directly in front of the country home, ideal for people to park their cars.
The building’s location, roughly 450 metres above sea level, provides an amazing view of both the Niccone Valley below it and the Tiber Valley further in the distance.
If you are looking for a rustic rural property for home and/or possible income, live in one apartment rent the other, this could be just what you are looking for, and it’s available at a price that won’t break the bank.
- TYPE: Stone farmhouse with garden and olive grove.
- CONDITION: Restored in 1999, modern systems
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic with far-reaching views – 450 m above sea level
- MUNICIPALITY: Umbertide
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 250 square metres (2,690 square feet)
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 4
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, fireplaces, original oven, stone staircase, loggia, porch, paved apron, garden, olive grove, photovoltaic system, alarm system with cameras
- LAND: 5,000 sqm (1.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Mature and well maintained
- ANNEXES: N
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (2 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: No but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains and spring water
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Heat pump + radiators + fireplaces
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Umbertide (6km; 10’), Città di Castello (22km; 20’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (34km; 40’), Cortona (35km; 40’), Perugia (38km; 40’), Spello (58km; 45’), Foligno (64km; 55’), Todi (79km; 1h), Siena (102km; 1h 30’), Orvieto (114km; 1h 45’), Florence (141km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia S. Francesco (40km; 35’), Firenze A. Vespucci (152km; 1h 55’), Bologna G. Marconi (211km; 2h 20’), Pisa G. Galilei (213km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (220km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (234km; 2h 40’)
See more Farmhouse properties for sale