Lovely Umbria estate with restored 5 bed farmhouse, 3-bed guesthouse, orangery, swimming pool, gardens, 89 hectares of land, olive trees + ruins which can be restored. Come and experience the beauty and serenity of Umbria from the comfort of your own home. This property is truly a hidden gem that must be seen to be believed.
Umbria estate – farmhouse, guesthouse, orangery, swimming pool, gardens, land
Escape to the tranquil hills of Umbria and discover a restored farmhouse that’s a perfect blend of rustic charm and modern luxury. This stunning property boasts 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms across 430 sqm of living space, all set in a panoramic position with breathtaking views. Step inside to find a mix of original and contemporary finishes, including stone walls, wooden beams, and even concrete and teak accents. Designed by renowned architect Gae Aulenti, the property was once a retreat for a famous theatrical producer – and now it could be your very own haven. The farmhouse is laid over two floors, both accessible directly from the in- and outside. On the ground floor are various living areas, all interconnected, a large modern kitchen with a dining area and private office space. A staircase leads from the large dining room to the upper level and into a sitting room with four arches. The floor is entirely dedicated to the sleeping area and houses five bedrooms, three bathrooms and a generous walk-in wardrobe.
But that’s not all – this estate also includes a smaller, more modern guesthouse with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. With a defiladed position from the main house, it’s perfect for accommodating friends and family or even renting out to vacationers. In fact, it was rented out for an impressive 17 weeks in 2022! Consisting of a large living area with an open-plan kitchen, a master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, two bedrooms and a shared bathroom. A back door leads to an ancillary room that can be used as a storage room and/or technical room.
Outside, you’ll find a garden with a 12 × 5 m swimming pool, surrounded by a stone-paved sunbathing area and framed by fragrant rosemary and lavender bushes. There’s also a two-story pool house with changing rooms, showers, and even a fitness/gym area. And for even more relaxation, head to the orangery – a large glazed space that’s perfect for indoor/outdoor living in the summer months.
But the real star of the show here is the land itself. This property covers approximately 89 hectares of land, including 39.8 hectares of woods that offer excellent privacy and the perfect opportunity for hikes and walks. Local farmers take care of maintaining and cutting the woods (there is an agreement that could be renewed if interested). You’ll also find 450 olive trees scattered across the estate, with a plan for pruning twice a year to keep them in top condition. And don’t forget the ruined buildings just waiting to be restored (if wanted), all located within the property.
When you’re ready to venture out, you’ll find all the amenities you need just 9 km away in the village down the valley. And if you’re looking for a little culture, the medieval town of Gubbio is just a 30-minute drive away. Other renowned towns and cities in Umbria, such as Perugia, Assisi, and Todi, are also within easy reach.
Don’t miss your chance to own a piece of Umbrian paradise – schedule your visit today!
- TYPE: Umbria estate – farmhouse, guesthouse, orangery, swimming pool, gardens, land
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1.2 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Gubbio
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 680 square metres (7,318 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 16
- BEDROOMS: 8
- BATHROOMS: 5
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, orangery, pool house, ruins
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, parquet and terracotta floors, brick arches, fireplaces, stone staircase, designed by Gae Aulenti, porch, garden, swimming pool, sunbathing area, gym and fitness area, olive trees, ruins to be restored, solar panels
- EXTERIORS: 89.0 hectares (219.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG + solar panels (energy class G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (9km; 15’), Gubbio (21km; 30’), Perugia (25km; 35’), Umbertide (28km; 30’), Assisi (42km; 45’), Spello (44km; 40’), Città di Castello (50km; 45’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (57km; 55’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (63km; 55’), Sansepolcro (63km; 55’), Todi (65km; 55’), Cortona (77km; 1h 10’), Urbino (84km, 1h 25’), Montepulciano (93km; 1h 25’), Orvieto (97km; 1h 30’), Siena (133km; 1h 50’), Florence (180km; 2h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (25km; 30’), Ancona R. Sanzio (106km; 1h 30’), Rimini F. Fellini (140km; 2h 5’), Firenze A. Vespucci (198km; 2h 20’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (202km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (206km; 2h 25’), Roma Fiumicino (220km; 2h 30’), Bologna G. Marconi (240km; 3h)
See more Umbria country houses for sale