11.1 ha Tuscany wine estate 5 mins from Montepulciano, producing around 60,000 bottles of wine per year. Owners accommodation, outbuildings, olive grove. Excellent opportunity to buy a working business, well equipped with modern facilities and machinery.
Montepulciano Tuscany Working Wine Business
The estate has 7.0 hectares of vines, of which 5.5 hectares are listed as Nobile di Montepulciano, 0.1 hectare as Rosso di Montepulciano, and 1.4 hectares are registered as Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG. Some of the arable land would also be ideal for planting new vines.
The estate produces around 60,000 bottles of red wine each year.
The contemporary winery is fully equipped with all of the facilities necessary for the processing and transformation of grapes. There are also olive groves with around a thousand olive trees in total.
There is also a 90 square metre home used by the owners.
Services, facilities, and amenities are all available in the nearby town of Montepulciano and you are just a short drive from other well known towns and cities such as Pienza, Orvieto, Siena, Monteriggioni, Florence, Castiglione del Lago.
The estate has several buildings with a total surface area of 710 sqm – 7,640 sqft, that are used for wine production and product storage. The winemaking cellar is a modern building (built in the 1970s and fully renovated in 2000), designed specifically to optimize production. For aging, on the other hand, an underground cellar is used which was dug into the tuffaceous hillside by an Amiata miner. Near the aging cellar is also the bottling line for the wine. The winemaking cellar has a capacity of about 800 hl (expandable), same for the aging cellar (also 800 hl, expandable for about 300 hl).
The sale of the estate also includes the equipment in the cellar, which is necessary for the proper operation of the winery.
Other buildings include warehouses for storage, storerooms for equipment and treatments, and sheds for tools and vehicles.
Next to the winery is a charming little house with a surface of about 90 sqm – 968 sqft) which is lived in by the owners. It has a living room with dining area, kitchen, storage room, two bedrooms and a bathroom. The roof of the house was replaced in 1989 and is still in good condition.
The farm covers a total area of 11.1 hectares (27.4 ha), which is divided into two farms located a short distance from each other on the Montepulciano hills. The vineyards (7.0 ha) are registered as Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG (5.5 ha), Rosso di Montepulciano DOC (0.1 ha) and Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG (1.4 ha). The vines, were all planted between 2004 and 2006 with Sangiovese, Canaiolo and Cabernet Sauvignon varieties.
Annual wine production is around 60,000 bottles of wine, broken down as follows:
• Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG: 44,000 bottles (330 hl)
• Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG: 14,000 bottles (105 hl)
• Rosso di Montepulciano DOC: 2,000 bottles (15 hl)
The olive grove (1.3 ha), consists of about 1,000 trees (Leccino, Pendolino, Moraiolo and Frantoio cultivars), between 20 and 50 years old, that produce an excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
Excluding the courtyards of the buildings (2,5e00 sqm), the remaining area of the farm is divided between arable land (2.2 ha), suitable for planting new vines, and small portions of mixed woodland (3,300 sqm).
This Tuscan wine estate offers an excellent opportunity to buy a working business, well equipped with modern facilities and machinery.
- TYPE: Tuscany wine estate
- CONDITION: Excellent
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (300 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Montepulciano
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 870 square metres (8,608 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 12
- BEDROOMS: 2
- BATHROOMS: 5
- ANNEXES: Warehouse and storage
- MAIN FEATURES: Modern cellar, Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyards, Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG vineyards, cellar dug in tuff, owners’ house, olive grove, electric barrier at the entrance
- EXTERIORS: 11.1 hectares (27.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, around the house
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + natural springs (2)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Montepulciano (3km; 5’), Pienza (15km; 20’), Castiglione del Lago (24km; 30’), Lucignano (25km; 30’), Bagno Vignoni (26km; 35’), Cortona (30km; 40’), Montalcino (36km; 45’), Buonconvento (40km; 45’), Arezzo (55km; 50’), Siena (61km; 55’), Orvieto (71km; 1h), Monteriggioni (80km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (103km; 1h 30’), Florence (111km; 1h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (72km; 1h), Grosseto Baccarini (97km; 1h 35’), Firenze Vespucci (128km; 1h 25’), Pisa Galilei (188km; 2h 5’), Roma Ciampino (193km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (209km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (209km; 2h 15’)