Tuscany real estate – 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house with 1,500 square meters (0.4 acres) land on the outskirts of Chiusi della Verna the village at the foot of the sacred mountain of St Francis.
Restored Stone Tuscan property
Just outside the town of Chiusi della Verna, well known for centuries as a stopover for pilgrims, in the National Park of the Casentino Forests is this stone house with a garden for sale. The home has a surface area of 164 sqm with a total of 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and has been recently restored. Surrounded by a stone-paved area (85 sqm ideal to park a car), the property also has a 1,500-sqm plot of land (not far from the house) usable as either a garden and/or a vegetable garden.
Services are all located in the village at walking distance from the property (500 m) and other towns and cities such in Tuscany such as Caprese Michelangelo, Bibbiena, Anghiari, Sansepolcro, Arezzo, Cortona, Florence, Siena…are less than two hours away by car.
The house has a surface area of 164 sqm – 1,765 sqft over two floors, housing the living and sleeping area respectively. On the ground floor is the kitchen, which then leads into the living/dining room and the bathroom. The living room then leads into a small sitting/reading room. With independent access are a storage room and a laundry.
On the first floor, reached via a staircase from the living room, is the sleeping area with three bedrooms and a bathroom.
The building has been fully restored and is in excellent condition. The building is made out of masonry and exposed stone in the traditional Tuscan rustic style, while inside the building is generally more modern. Floors are in terracotta in the living area, while the sleeping area has wood flooring. The walls are all painted with light colours (mainly white) so that the rooms are very bright and welcoming.
Around the house, enclosed by a stone wall, is a 85-sqm paved area with enough room for a car or, if preferred, a gazebo.
A short distance from the building is a 1,500-sqm plot of land which can be used as a garden and a great place for the kids to play.
Ideal as a permanent or holiday home and due to its close proximity to the Sanctuary of San Francis at La Verna located on the sacred mountain where St Francis of Assisi received the stigmata a possible holiday rental.
- TYPE: Tuscany real estate – Stone House with land
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Just outside the historic village centre
- MUNICIPALITY: Chiusi della Verna
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 164 square metres (1,765 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 8
- BEDROOMS: 3
- BATHROOMS: 2
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta and wood floors, wooden fixtures, original stone fireplace, stone-paved apron, arable land for garden and/or vegetable plot
- LAND: 1,500 square metres (0.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, not far from the house
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (500m; 2’), Caprese Michelangelo (12km; 20’), Pieve Santo Stefano (17km; 25’), Bibbiena (19km; 30’), Subbiano (28km; 40’), Anghiari (29km; 40’), Sansepolcro (33km; 40’), Stia (38km; 50’), Arezzo (42km; 55’), Castiglion Fiorentino (58km; 1h 15’), Cortona (74km; 1h 40’), Florence (83km; 1h 40’), Siena (111km; 1h 55’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (97km; 1h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (106km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (168km; 2h 55’), Bologna Marconi (180km; 2h 45’), Roma Ciampino (271km; 3h 5’), Roma Fiumicino (284km; 3h 10’)
See more Tuscan properties