Typical Tuscany farmhouse for sale near Gaiole in Chianti. This Tuscan country house has been restored, has 5 bedrooms and is currently run as a small B&B. Swimming pool and beautiful well-kept mature gardens and a small olive grove. Lovely versatile property which is ideal as a home, holiday property or as at present a B&B.
Gaiole in Chianti Tuscany Farmhouse Home and/or Income
This restored Tuscan farmhouse dates back to the late 19th century and is located on the Chianti Classico hills just a few kilometres from Gaiole in Chianti. The farmhouse has a surface area of 367 sqm with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and is currently running as a small B&B business. Surrounded by a mature and well-maintained garden with roses and an Infinity-edge 10 × 5 m pool, the land (1.1 ha) also includes a small olive grove and a convenient parking area for guests.
Just a 10-minute drive (7 km) from Gaiole in Chianti, where you can find all the necessary services and amenities. Tuscan towns and cities such as Siena, Arezzo, Florence, San Gimignano, Montepulciano, Pienza… can be easily reached by car.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 367 sqm – 3,949 sqft on two levels.
On the ground floor, the main door opens into the entrance hall, consisting of a long corridor with doors on both sides and a staircase at the end. On the left one can enter an independent bedroom with its own bathroom. On the right, the doorways lead into the sitting/dining room and the kitchen with pantry.
From the living room, one can then pass into a huge living hall with a fireplace, used as a common area for the guests. A door at the rear of the building leads into a small technical room for the systems of the house.
The staircase leads to the first floor with the sleeping area: here one can find three guest bedrooms, all with their own bathroom, and the master bedroom with its own bathroom and a useful walk-in wardrobe.
The country house was originally built in 1891 and has been fully restored between 2010 and 2011 and is nowadays managed as a small B&B. The building, made out of stones, is anchored to a rocky spur and the restoration and renovation preserved this rustic building almost intact retaining features such as terracotta flooring, chestnut wooden beams and beautiful vaulted ceilings on the lower level. The common hall on the ground floor was originally used as a barn and the floor is tiled with Cotto dell’Impruneta.
To the front of the property, is a greenhouse (16 sqm – 172 sqft, converted from the old pigsty) and a small toolshed (7 sqm – 75 sqft). The roof of the greenhouse has a 4-panel solar system to produce hot water.
Also to the front is a paved courtyard with a pergola covered in creepers such as Isabella grape and roses. The owners are green-fingered gardening and flower enthusiasts who have carefully nursed the gardens in every detail and these green areas currently feature over 250 plants (including ancient roses, English roses, botanic roses…) and a medicinal garden.
The 10 × 5 m swimming pool, built in 2013, is surrounded by a grassy sunbathing area and has infinity edges on two sides so that the pool enjoys a stunning view over the surrounding hills and woods. The depths range from a minimum of 120 cm to a maximum of 160 sqm (4.1 – 5.2 ft).
Not far from the farmhouse is also a very convenient parking area (220 sqm) where guests can park their cars during their stay at the home.
In total, the property spans over 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres) that also include a small olive grove, the aforementioned garden and tree-covered areas that protect the country house and ensure great privacy and quiet.
This versatile property is currently working as a small B&B and accommodation business, renting out bedrooms and/or the whole building. The presence of the master bedroom allows you to live in the house while renting the other rooms, but one could always choose to convert the building back into a private home if you are not interested in B&B/rentals.
- TYPE: Tuscany farmhouse with pool and beautiful gardens
- CONDITION: Restored (2010-2011)
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Gaiole in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 390 square metres (4,196 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 12
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, vaulted ceiling, fireplace, garden, rose garden, olive grove, swimming pool, pergola with creepers, satellite TV, video surveillance system, centralized vacuum system, automated irrigation, parking lot, automated gate
- EXTERIORS: 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well maintained
- ANNEXES: Greenhouse, storage
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1.1 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: 10 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected (11 kW, tri-phase)
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well (90 m)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class F)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Wood/pellet stove + solar panels
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Gaiole in Chianti (7km; 10’), Radda in Chianti (15km; 20’), Castelnuovo Berardenga (19km; 25’), Bucine (21km; 30’), Siena (30km; 45’), Monteriggioni (43km; 50’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (49km; 1h), Arezzo (53km; 1h), San Gimignano (60km; 1h 15’), Montepulciano (66km; 1h 5’), Montalcino (67km; 1h 15’), Piena (73km; 1h 15’), Florence (75km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (78km; 1h 20’), Grosseto Baccarini (107km; 1h 30’), Perugia San Francesco (119km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (123km; 2h 10’), Bologna Marconi (160km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (248km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (264km; 2h 55’)
See more Tuscany farmhouses for sale