Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar.
Chianti Vineyards Estate
On the hills of Siena, in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine growing area, is this 322-hectare estate with various rural hamlets, 82 hectares of vineyards and 50 hectares of olive groves. The buildings on the estate (over 8,000 square meters) are largely needing to be restored. They include numerous farmhouses, a wine cellar and agricultural sheds and outbuildings. The vineyard is registered in Chianti Classico DOCG (57.4 ha), Chianti DOCG (11.0 ha) and Toscana IGT (13.6 ha) and could produce up to 400,000 bottles of wine per year.
The property is located not far from a village with all services (6km; 8 ‘) and you can easily reach many of the famous towns of Tuscany such as Siena, Monteriggioni, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Arezzo , Pienza, San Gimignano, Volterra, Florence in an hour or less.
The closest airports are Perugia and Florence (1h 20 ‘), but the Pisa, Bologna and Rome airports are easy to reach as well.
Hamlet A (1,140 sqm) consists of two farmhouses, the winemaking and ageing cellars and a shed for tools and agricultural vehicles built inside an old furnace. The two houses are in good condition and habitable, while the cellar and the garage need renovation and modernization.
Hamlet B (3,032 sqm) consists of about ten buildings, which include various houses, rural warehouses and a chapel. Although some of the buildings are currently habitable, the village needs an almost complete renovation and some buildings are in a state of neglect.
Hamlet C (2,968 sqm) is made up of three buildings. The largest is a stone-clad building that houses a wine-making cellar in the basement with storage warehouses, while on the upper floors there are various unfinished rooms to be finished and which could be converted into a home or a salesroom for company products.
Then there is a ruined barn and a building to be restored which currently houses two apartments on the upper floors.
Finally, there is a farmhouse (300 sqm) located along the road, with an adjoining warehouse (100 sqm), and a farmhouse in ruins to be rebuilt (495 sqm).
This impressive estate in Tuscany covers a total area of approximately 322.0 hectares.
The most interesting portion is certainly the wine portion: the company has 82.0 hectares of vineyards, mainly registered in Chianti Classico DOCG (57.4 ha), followed by Toscana IGT (13.6 ha) and Chianti DOCG ( 11.0 ha). The vines vary in age and we can currently consider about one-third of the total vineyard productive.
The company could currently produce between 350,000 and 400,000 bottles of wine, considering an average yield of 4,000 bottles per hectare which guarantees a good quality wine. Production could reach 650,000 bottles by increasing the yields per hectare of the vineyards.
The large portions of arable land on the farm (63.0 ha) could be exploited for the planting of additional vineyards that would significantly increase the company’s production potential.
Then there is a large olive grove (about 50.0 ha) and a large wood (127.0 ha) to be cut, which however has not been cut for many years and which could immediately be exploited to recover a small part of the purchase costs ( about 3,000 € / ha). Cutting is then allowed every twenty years.
The estate offers an excellent investment opportunity: the large vineyard can be fully exploited after the renovation of the company cellar. Part of the vineyard needs replanting, as in some places they date back to the 1950s.
Of great value is its location in the world-famous Chianti area, just 20 km from Siena, an area that is much appreciated by tourists both for its landscape and for its excellent gastronomy. The large internal surface area of some of the buildings would make it possible to create a restaurant on the farm where the wines produced could be served together with typical Tuscan dishes.
- TYPE: Tuscany estate with land, hamlets, Olives, Chianti Classico vineyards
- CONDITION: Needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Castelnuovo Berardenga
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 8,035 square metres (86,456 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 100+
- BEDROOMS: up to 30
- BATHROOMS: up to 30
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, wine cellar, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, olive grove, terracotta floors
- LAND: 322.0 hectares (82.0 ha vineyards + 50.0 ha olive grove + 63.0 ha arable land + 127.0 ha woodland)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Several rural and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: To be connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Castelnuovo Berardenga (6km; 8’), Siena (22km; 30’), Monteriggioni (41km; 40’), Buonconvento (42km; 45’), Montepulciano (53km; 50’), Montalcino (54km; 1h), Arezzo (56km; 1h), Pienza (61km; 1h), San Gimignano (66km; 1h), Volterra (76km; 1h 10’), Firenze (93km; 1h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (106km; 1h 20’), Perugia San Francesco (107km; 1h 15’), Pisa Galilei (151km; 1h 55’), Bologna Marconi (188km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (235km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (250km; 2h 40’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Chianti Wine Property Chianti Wine property with lots of further potential comprising an 80-ha estate with 11.0 ha vineyards and Agriturismo (several buildings), garden, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable and woodland. Tuscan estate…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…
- Organic Wine Estate Excellent opportunity to purchase an organic Italian wine estate. Owners accommodation, vineyards, olive grove, persimmons and chestnut. Lots of further potential and an ideal business for an owner operator. Italian…