Tuscan vineyard property comprising 11.0 hectares of Morellino di Scansano DOCG vineyards, wine cellar and a 6-bedroom villa used for a holiday rental accommodation business.
Tuscan vineyard property with Rental Business
Tuscan vineyard property with Rental Business in an ideal location for wine production and tourism, near the Tuscan coast and towns such as Grosseto, Scansano, Orbetello, Castiglione della Pescaia, Punta Ala, Follonica. The estate has 11.0 hectares of Morellino di Scansano DOCG vineyards with a spacious wine cellar (over 1,000 sqm) with rooms for the staff and a 6-bedroom villa used for a holiday rental accommodation business. Yearly production is around 70,000 bottles of wine.
The main structure (1,000 sqm – 10,760 sqft) is divided into two levels.
The basement is wholly dedicated to the wine cellar (800 square metres), which includes chambers for grape processing and ageing in barriques.
The upper floor contains service facilities for the estate’s employees.
The property has been rented out in recent years, and the cellar now lacks grape processing and winemaking equipment.
The villa has a surface area of 600 square metres – 6,456 square feet with six bedrooms, and eight bathrooms on three levels as follows
– Basement: living room with pool table, gym, hammam, and two bathrooms; – Ground floor: living room, dining room, and kitchen; – First floor: six bedrooms, two with balconies and three with individual sitting areas, plus a small living room with sofa bed.
The villa is used for tourist vacation rentals.
The home is then encircled by a magnificent 5,300square metre garden with views of the Maremma hills (Parco dell’Uccellina) and the sea to the horizon.
Two swimming pools (12 x 7 m for adults and 8 x 4 m for youngsters) with sunbathing space provide a relaxing spot to spend the lovely summer days.
A barbeque is also accessible and ideal for dining al fresco.
The cellar, which was purpose-built for practicality, is in good structural and aesthetic condition.
One of the property’s strong points is the lovely vaulted cellar, which was inspired by the crypts typically found under medieval Romanesque churches.
Simultaneously, the villa is in good shape, owing to its usage as a holiday rental establishment.
A few minor updates could elevate the building to a higher rating as a guest lodging, resulting in larger rental revenue.
The building housing the cellar is surrounded by 11.0 hectares of vineyard, entirely registered as Morellino di Scansano DOCG and made up of Sangiovese, Alicante, Syrah and Petit Verdot vines. Such uncommon grapes are rarely used for Morellino: this means that these wines have unique features and a very original taste.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 11.0 hectares (Morellino di Scansano DOCG)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Alicante, Syrah and Petit Verdot
– Year of planting: 2002 – 2014
– Altitude and exposure: 150 m asl (south / southwest)
– Density: 5,500 vines / ha
– Training: pruned-spur cordon
– Terrain composition: sandstone
– Morellino di Scansano DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
– Morellino di Scansano DOCG: 85% Sangiovese, 15% Alicante
– Morellino di Scansano DOCG Riserva: 85% Sangiovese, 10% Alicante, 5% Syrah
- TYPE Tuscan Vineyard estate with holiday rental accommodation
- CONDITION Good, only small works are needed
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Grosseto
- PROVINCE Grosseto
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,600 sqm (17,216 sqft)
- ROOMS 15
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 10
- FEATURES Morellino di Scansano DOCG vineyards, close to the Tuscan Coast, sea view, wine cellar, villa for the guests, swimming pool with sunbathing area, BBQ, garden, private parking
- LAND 11.0 hectares (27.2 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, around the villa
- ANNEX No
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 2 – 12 × 7 m and 4 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (7km; 15’), Grosseto (13km; 20’), Scansano (29km; 40’), Orbetello (43km; 40’), Castiglione della Pescaia (43km; 45’), Follonica (60km; 45’), Punta Ala (62km; 1h 5’), Montalcino (68km; 1h), Siena (87km; 1h 20’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (14km; 25’), Roma Fiumicino (170km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (189km; 2h 10’), Perugia San Francesco (194km; 2h 15’)