Tuscan vineyard property. Restored hamlet with cellar and Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards plus olive grove and potential for B&B /Agriturismo. 4 restored stone buildings with a total of 9 bedrooms and almost 1,400 sqm surface area. Home and multiple income stream property investment.
Tuscan vineyard property Potential B&B / Agriturismo
Easily reached via municipal road network this vineyard property is located not far from many of the well known towns and cities of Tuscany: the wine town of Greve in Chianti (18km; 30’), the medieval Siena (35km; 55’), the turreted San Gimignano (39km; 1h), the Renaissance Florence (53km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (61km; 1h 5’) and Pisa with its famous leaning tower (111km; 1h 45’).
The most useful airports to reach the property are Firenze Peretola (63km; 1h), Pisa Galilei (108km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (145km; 1h 50’), Ancona Falconara (235km; 2h 50’), Roma Ciampino (262km; 3h 5’) and Roma Fiumicino (276km; 3h).
Therefore an ideal location for guests staying at the property.
The property is made up of four buildings, all made out of stone and perfectly restored.
The building N°1 (940 sqm – 10,114 sqft) is split among four floors in total and includes the cellar (basement for a total of 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft) and the main residence (ground and first floor for a total of 340 sqm – 3,658 sqft):
– Basement: cellar with vinification and ageing rooms and bathroom for the workers;
– Ground floor: entrance room, small cellar for wine stocking, living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and 25 sqm terrace.
– First floor: open space living room with kitchen, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sitting room and kitchen.
The building N°2 is a stone farmhouse (150 sqm – 1,614 sqft) on a single floor with a loft. Here we find an open space living room with kitchen, a studio, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
The building N°3 (90 sqm – 968 sqft) was built in 2009 with the aim of having a bottling facility directly in the estate. The building hosts a bathroom for the workers.
The building N°4 (200 sqm – 2,156 sqft) is an agricultural shed split into two locals earmarked to tools safekeeping and vehicle workshops.
The property is prevalently made up of historical buildings attentively restored to preserve those typical traits of Tuscan countryside buildings. Stone walls on the outside are complemented by terracotta floors and wooden beams on the inside. The cellar is ample and allows working easily with the equipment.
The property is located at the end of a dead-end paved road, giving a high degree of privacy and security. The buildings are surrounded by a gravelled apron usable as a parking area.
The land of the property covers 24.4 hectares and is split so that a part is right next to the buildings and the other is a short distance away.
The vineyards are the highlight of the property: with a surface area of 12.5 hectares, they are scattered around the hamlet and, even if such a positioning might look puzzling at first it grants an excellent protection against atmospheric factors such as hail, allowing the production of wine even in occasional bad years.
The remaining land is an olive grove (5.3 ha), mixed and coppice woodland (3.6 ha), grazing land (0.7 ha) and arable land (2.3 ha).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 12.5 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese (90%), Merlot (8%), Colorino (1%) and Canaiolo (1%)
– Altitude: 450 – 550 m
– Training system: pruned-spur cordon-trained vines, Guyot
– Harvesting: manual
– Yearly production: up to 100,000 bottles
– Maximum capacity of the cellar: 2,500 hl
– Chianti Classico DOCG: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva: 80% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot, 5% Colorino
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 95% Sangiovese, 5% Colorino
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 85% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot
The property is currently run a wine-producing facility, with a maximum production of 100,000 bottles of wine (among which the prestigious Chianti Classico DOCG). The location and number of bedrooms available suggest potential for a B&B / Agriturismo business, keeping the building N°2 for the owners and using the other for guests.
TYPE Tuscan vineyard property – Hamlet with Agriturismo, cellar and Chianti DOCG vineyards
CONDITION Fully restored
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 1,380 sqm (14,852 sqft)
FEATURES Stone walls, vineyards, olive grove, cellar, wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick-built arches
LAND 24.4 hectares (12.5 ha vineyards + 5,3 ha olive grove + 3.6 ha woodland + 0,7 ha grazing land + 2,3 ha arable land)
ANNEX Agricultural buildings
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
TELEPHONE Already connected
Village with services (550m; 2’), Greve in Chianti (18km; 30’), Siena (35km; 55’), San Gimignano (39km; 1h), Florence (53km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (61km; 1h 5’), Pisa (111km; 1h 45’)
Firenze Peretola (63km; 1h), Pisa Galilei (108km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (145km; 1h 50’), Ancona Falconara (235km; 2h 50’), Roma Ciampino (262km; 3h 5’), Roma Fiumicino (276km; 3h)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Chianti Wine Property A very nice Chianti Wine property comprising a 30.5-ha estate with 10.0 ha Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyards and Agriturismo. Winery and wine shop, gardens, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable…
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…