Tuscan Villa for sale in Anghiari. Built in the Liberty style in the early 20th century. Virtually untouched since then, the villa is habitable but would benefit from updating and remodelling.
Anghiari Tuscany Liberty Villa
In the highest part of the beautiful village of Anghiari, this Liberty Villa has a breathtaking view over both the village and down the Tiber Valley. Built in the early 20th century, it retains its original shape and is virtually unchanged since being built, retaining its original features. Large and spacious, 490 square metres (5,272 square feet), with elegant living rooms and 3 bedrooms at present but easily possible to create another 3. Standing in 2,600-sqm of well maintained and mature park gardens.
Services and amenities are available in the village and you can walk there in a minute or two. From here you can easily and quickly drive to many of the well-known towns and cities, Sansepolcro, Arezzo, Città di Castello, Perugia, Cortona, Montepulciano, Florence, Siena…, in Tuscany and Umbria.
The villa has a surface area of 490 sqm – 5,272 sqft with, at present, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and spreads over four floors. The basement is split into four rooms, accessed either directly from outside or through a staircase from the ground floor, used as cellars and storage. From the semicircular stone staircase, you enter the ground floor of the villa. The door opens into an entrance hall, fitted with a guest bathroom, that in turn leads into the dining room and a hallway with a huge and spectacular wooden staircase to the upper floor. From this hallway, you can then enter an office space (very bright and welcoming), the kitchen or the living room with a balcony.
Back to the hallway, the beautiful wooden staircase reaches the first floor where there are three spacious bedrooms (one with a terrace), a bathroom and a small closet.
The second floor is reached via a winding staircase that starts from the ground floor and connects all the levels. Here are five generous rooms currently used as storage and relaxation areas but could be easily converted into a spacious living room connected to three bedrooms plus a bathroom.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century by Federico Verrel, a wealthy Englishman who had fallen in love with this part of Tuscany. The sophisticated building incorporates aspects of the Liberty style, including regular stone walls with plastered parts and floors with string courses to distinguish them from one another.
The interiors are simple and straightforward, and the structure has undergone no substantial modifications throughout the years.
The ground and first floors are joined by a beautiful wooden staircase, and the second floor is reached by a stone spiral staircase.
The interior finishes have also been preserved (thanks in part to the fact that the villa has been used as an art gallery for many years), and one can still see some beautifully decorated fireplaces scattered throughout the villa, as well as Impruneta terracotta floors and stone-encased doors, among other things.
The villa is surrounded by a 2,600-sqm park well-maintained and stocked with mature trees and plants. The spacious gravelled apron which is accessed via an elegant gate is very convenient as an outdoor location for events or also as a parking area. The huge mature trees create beautiful shaded areas, ideal to relax on the hot summer days.
It is also possible to buy more land around the villa, the cost and exact amount are to be agreed upon with the seller.
A lovely Tuscan villa property waiting for a new owner to put their stamp on it.
- TYPE: Liberty style Tuscan villa with fantastic panoramic views
- CONDITION: Habitable
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic, just outside the historic village centre
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 490 square metres (5,272 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 18
- BEDROOMS: 3 (up to 6)
- BATHROOMS: 2 (up to 3)
- MAIN FEATURES: Liberty style building, exposed stone walls, wooden beams, huge windows, decorated wooden staircase, original fireplaces, Impruneta terracotta floors, gravelled apron, original well
- LAND: 2,600 square metres (0.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (100m; 1’), Sansepolcro (8km; 10’), Città di Castello (23km; 20’), Arezzo (31km; 30’), Cortona (46km; 50’), Perugia (74km; 1h), Montepulciano (79km; 1h 10’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (84km; 1h 10’), Pienza (86km; 1h 20’), Assisi (91km; 1h 10’), Siena (98km; 1h 20’), Florence (108km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (150km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (73km; 55’), Firenze Vespucci (125km; 1h 25’), Bologna Marconi (184km; 2h 5’), Pisa Galilei (185km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (257km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (271km; 2h 45’)
See more Villas in Tuscany for sale