Tuscan villa for sale on the lower hills of the Apennines just outside the historic city centre of Sansepolcro. Large and spacious restored 17th century 3 Bed villa which could easily make up to 6 bedrooms.
Sansepolcro Villa Property
The villa dates back to the seventeenth century and is a classic example of stately architecture. The building has a symmetrical facade with windows framed by elements in pietra serena. The door is located in the exact centre of the façade and is surmounted by a small balcony accessible from the reception hall. On the façade, in the centre of a square tile, the coat of arms of the Order of the Hospitaller Knights of St. John (more commonly known as the Knights of Malta) stands out.
Inside, efforts were made to keep the seventeenth-century layout of the villa with the respective finishes (terracotta floors, wooden beams, wooden window frames) wherever possible. One of the most interesting details is the stone fireplace in the living room, original and made from a single block of stone.
The villa was structurally consolidated in the seventies and in the nineties, the plumbing and heating system was refurbished.
This Tuscan villa for sale has a surface area of 425 sqm over three floors comprising:
– Basement: historic cellar with masonry vault;
– Ground floor: entrance, study, sitting room, billiard room (convertible into a bedroom), music room (convertible into a bedroom), bathroom, laundry and technical room;
– First floor: reception room with original fireplace, kitchen with dining area, office (convertible into a bedroom), two double bedrooms and bathroom;
– Second floor: sitting room, bedroom with en-suite bathroom and partially habitable attics;
– Tower: panoramic study (potentially a bedroom).
A garage (15 sqm) completes the buildings.
The house is located in the middle of a private park of about 5,000 square metres, with gravel paths that lead to the villa and garage. The garden is equipped with an irrigation system.
All around, the property has about 3.0 hectares of co-owned agricultural land.
Services are all available in the immediate vicinity (600 m, reachable on foot), where there is a supermarket, post office, banks and bars. Other parts of Tuscany and Umbria are easy to reach (Anghiari, Cortona, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Montepulciano, Siena, Todi, Florence, Orvieto…).
The closest airport is Perugia (63km; 45 ‘) but the terminals of Florence, Bologna, Pisa and Rome, for intercontinental flights, are also quickly reachable.
- TYPE: Tuscan villa for sale with garden
- CONDITIONS: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic just outside Sansepolcro
- MUNICIPALITY: Sansepolcro
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 440 square metres (4,734 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 3 (up to 6)
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: Wooden beams, masonry vaults, terracotta and parquet floors, original stone fireplace, pietra serena frames, original 17th-century façade
- LAND: 3.0 hectares (7.4 acres, shared with other owners)
- GARDEN: 5,000 square metres (1.2 acres)
- ANNEXES: Garage
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network (energy class G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Fan coil convectors
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Anghiari (10km; 10’), Arezzo (38km; 40’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Gubbio (67km; 55’), Perugia (72km; 50’), Assisi (82km; 1h), Montepulciano (88km; 1h 20’), Spello (89km; 1h 5’), Pienza (95km; 1h 20’), Siena (100km; 1h 40’), Todi (110km; 1h 10’), Florence (111km; 1h 25’), Orvieto (145km; 1h 40’), San Gimignano (153km; 1h 50’), Rome (240km; 2h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (63km, 45’), Firenze Vespucci (119km; 1h 25’), Bologna Marconi (172km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (211km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (245km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 2h 30’), Milano Linate (383km; 3h 25’)
See more Sansepolcro properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Villa in Tuscany for sale A superb villa in Tuscany Italy for sale. Restored with luxury finishes throughout this large spacious and stylish mansion is suitable for a variety of uses both residential and commercial.…
- Florence Tuscany Apartments Florence Tuscany convent divided into 12 apartments for sale. Excellent investment opportunity. Ideal to make a boutique hotel, a luxury B&B or resell the apartments separately creating a condominium with…
- Farm Estate Greve in Chianti Florence Farm Estate near to Greve in Chianti and Florence. Restored manor villa and chapel with various outbuildings for renovation and restoration. Ideal for upmarket holiday accommodation. Tuscan manor villa with…