Tuscan organic winery, wine cellar, vineyards, olives, truffles, land, 3 Bed farmhouse and 2 Bed guesthouse. 69.0 hectares – 170.5 acres of land. Great views.
Winery, wine cellar, vineyards, olives, truffles, land
With a breathtaking view ranging from the city of Arezzo to the whole underlying valley, we find this organic wine estate on the hills of Valdichiana with 7.0 hectares of vineyards and a modern wine cellar. This lovely Tuscan wine estate covers a total of 69.0 hectares with a restored stone farmhouse with guesthouse, an olive grove (5.0 ha) and a truffle ground (roughly 10.0 ha). The estate currently produces 60,000 bottles of wine per year.
Located a short distance from a town providing all the services (6km; 10’), the estate is well position and allows visiting many of Tuscany’s most famous cities in less than an hour (Arezzo, Castiglion Fiorentino, Cortona, Siena, Montepulciano, Pienza, Florence…).
The closest airport is Florence (90km; 1h) but Perugia, Pisa, Bologna and Rome are easily reached as well.
The buildings of the estate are located a short distance from each other, but are not mutually visible, giving excellent privacy and quiet.
The business centre includes a wine cellar (roughly 350 sqm – 3,766 sqft), purposely built for ease of working and to give the highest possible production. The facility, built underground giving perfect thermal insulation, is made up of a wine-making room, ageing room and bottling line.
Right next to the cellar there is a warehouse (110 sqm – 1,184 sqft) which was built in 2017, used to store the finished products and a small wine shop.
A canopy (roughly 65 sqm – 699 sqft) allows storage of the vehicles and tools used to take care of the vineyards.
Moving away from the business centre, a tree-lined avenue leads to the residential portion of the estate, in a quiet part of the estate.
A two-story stone farmhouse (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), recently restored and finished, is currently used by the owners as a private residence:
– Ground floor: entrance room with pietra serena staircase, kitchen with BBQ, living room with fireplace, dining room and guest bathroom;
– First floor: three bedrooms and an ample bathroom with whirlwind tub.
Next to the farmhouse, there is a small guesthouse (85 sqm – 915 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom), on two floors:
– Ground floor: open space living room with dining area and independent kitchen;
– First floor: two bedrooms and a bathroom.
A garage (30 sqm – 323 sqft) allows storage for up to two cars.
The estate covers a total surface area of roughly 69.0 hectares. Over half of it is covered by mixed woodland (45.0 ha) with a fenced truffle ground (roughly 10.0 ha in total). The remaining surface area includes the IGP vineyards (7.0 ha), an olive grove (approximately 5.0 ha with 2,000 trees) and arable land (12.0 ha).
The vineyards are located at different altitudes: the two upper portions (in total 2.0 ha between 500 and 650 m asl) are made up of varieties Pinot Noir (which finds its ideal habitat at such altitudes), Sangiovese and Merlot. Descending towards the valley (roughly 4.3 km of paved road) one gets to the second vineyard (roughly 5.0 ha at 350 m asl), recently planted with varieties Syrah, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Verdicchio, Riesling e Chardonnay.
The vineyards are tended with rigorously organic methods since 2015 (the estate’s full conversion is still undergoing) and are equipped with an emergency irrigation system.
The olive grove (roughly 5.0 hectares) counts approximately 2,000 trees. Supposing a yield of 18 kg of olive per tree, this leaves us with a yearly harvest of 36 tons of olives. Considering an average yield between 12% and 20% (varying with cultivars) the yearly production of olive oil ranges around 5.7 tons (roughly 60 hl).
It must, however, be taken into account that olive oil production is very sensitive to adverse atmospheric conditions and/or potential disease so this amount is purely indicative and is only an estimation of what the olive grove could theoretically produce.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 7.0 hectares (17.3 acres)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Verdicchio, Riesling, Chardonnay
– Altitude: 350 – 600 m asl
– Soil composition: mainly sandy
– Yearly production: approx. 60,000 bottles
– Wine stock (as of July 2020): 80,000 bottles + 700 hl cask wine
– Toscana Rosso IGP (€ 25.00): Pinot Noir
– Toscana Rosso IGP (€ 20.00): Sangiovese
– Toscana Rosso IGP (€ 13.00): Syrah, Petit Verdot, Merlot
– Toscana Rosso IGP (€ 8.00): Syrah, Petit Verdot, Sangiovese
– Spumante Brut Bianco (€ 10.00): Verdicchio, Riesling
– Spumante Brut Rosé (€ 10.00): Sangiovese
- TYPE: Tuscan organic winery and wine estate
- CONDITION: Restored, newly built
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Arezzo
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 775 square metres (8,340 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, modern wine cellar, IGP vineyards, olive grove, garden, panoramic view over the Valdichiana, truffle ground, organic farm
- LAND: 69.0 hectares (7.0 ha vineyards + 5.0 ha olive grove + 45.0 ha woodland + 12.0 ha arable land)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained around the farmhouse
- ANNEXES: Several residential and rural buildings
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (6km; 10’), Arezzo (16km; 20’), Monte San Savino (20km; 25’), Castiglion Fiorentino (23km; 30’), Montevarchi (26km; 30’), Cortona (36km; 50’), Siena (48km; 45’), Montepulciano (49km; 50’), Pienza (57km; 1h), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (60km; 50’), Florence (78km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (90km; 1h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (90km; 1h), Perugia San Francesco (100km; 1h 20’), Pisa Galilei (151km; 1h 45’), Bologna Marconi (172km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (227km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (242km; 2h 30’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Vineyard for sale Italy Organic vineyard and winery for sale in Puglia Italy. 10.0 ha vineyards + 3.0 ha olive grove + 1.1 ha unused land, 6 bed Villa, 3 bed caretakers house, wine…
- Chianti Wine Property A very nice Chianti Wine property comprising a 30.5-ha estate with 10.0 ha Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyards and Agriturismo. Winery and wine shop, gardens, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable…