A pair of restored stone built Tuscan houses for sale. Comprising a beautiful ancient stone house (5 bed) with guesthouse (2 bed), garage, large well-maintained garden with swimming pool and tennis court. Built on the ruins of a medieval watchtower.
Tuscany Homes For Sale
Lovely location, midway between Florence and Siena in the traditional Chianti Classico winemaking region, near to Castellina in Chianti the property enjoys wide farreaching views of this superb country area.
The main house, 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, was originally a 13th-century fortified watchtower which has been enlarged over the years to make a beautiful three-story property, composed as follows.
– Ground floor: entrance hall, kitchen with built-in cabinets, small breakfast room, bathroom, spacious dining room, covered veranda opening to an outside stone paved veranda leading to the garden, the swimming pool and the tennis court.
– First & second floor: double living room, sitting room with fireplace, studio with fireplace, TV room, five large bedrooms (three of which have en-suite bathrooms) and an independent bathroom.
The second house, 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, is located beside the main house and is currently used by a full-time caretaker. It consists of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and lounge area. On the ground floor are a cellar and the storage.
There is also an agricultural annexe, 100 sqm – 1,076 sqft, with two floors, with a garage in the basement.
This fine Tuscan property also includes 2 hectares of land and gardens with an 11.5 x 6 sqm swimming pool and a hard surface 610 sqm tennis court with dressing room.
These two Tuscan houses offer several possibilities as to usage. The property is perfect if you wish to live in the countryside, but not too far from major towns and airports. You could also, if wanted, look at using one or both properties for a small holiday rental business.
There is the possibility of buying neighbouring vineyards and running the property as a producing wine estate as the cellar is equipped with facilities for wine making.
- TYPE Pair of Tuscan houses – Old stone house built on the ruins of a medieval watchtower with guest house, cantina, garage, pool and tennis court
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Greve in Chianti
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,300 sqm (13,988 sqft)
- ROOMS 22
- 7 (up to 9)
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Old stone construction, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, terracotta flooring, built-in kitchen, majestic stone fireplace, loggia, pergola dining alfresco, possibility to purchase furniture
- LAND 1.4 hectares (3.4 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, very well maintained
- ANNEXE Dependance with cellar, garage
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 11.5 x 6 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Private source
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Castellina in Chianti (6km; 15’), Poggibonsi (9km; 15’); Monteriggioni (14km; 20’), Colle di Val D’Elsa (15km; 20’), Radda in Chianti (17km; 30’), Poggibonsi (21km; 35’), Tavarnelle Val di Pesa (26km; 30’), Greve in Chianti (28km; 40’), Gaiole in Chianti (28km; 40’), Siena (32km; 40’), Volterra (41km; 50’), Firenze (50km; 55’), Montalcino (69km; 1h 20’), Pienza (82km; 1h 30’), Montepulciano (91km; 1h 20’), Roma (260km; 2h 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (58km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (110km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (149km; 1h 45’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (154km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (274km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (292km; 3h)
See further Tuscan properties for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Home for sale in Italy A lovely home for sale in Italy. Restored 4 bedroomed country property with swimming pool and tennis court standing in 2.5 hectares of land and gardens with a few olive…
- Tuscan Farmhouse and Annexes Restored Tuscan Farmhouse and Annexes in a lovely country location overlooking Arezzo. The main property has 5 bedrooms and the 2 annexes have 1 bedroom each. Swimming pool and gardens.…
- Arezzo Castle Near to Cortona in Tuscany Italy is this medieval tower which has been restored and transformed into a spacious cosy castle style home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large plot…