Beautifully restored 6 (up to 7) bedroomed Tuscan farmhouse home plus gardens, olive grove and a unique swimming pool. Quiet countryside location with magnificent views near Scansano.
Restored Tuscan Farmhouse Home with Land
In the Tuscan hills of Maremma, not far from Scansano and the Tuscan coast, sits this beautifully renovated farmhouse home. Built with stone walls, terracotta roof tiles and wooden beams on a surface area of over 400 square metres, the structure has 6 bedrooms and has been restored to preserve the rustic aesthetic of Tuscan houses. A well-kept garden, a small pool, and 80 olive trees may be found on the 4.0-hectare of land that surrounds the farmhouse.
Only 850 metres of unpaved road separate the farmhouse from the surrounding countryside, which is covered in olive groves and vineyards and dotted with country houses and wine cellars. The view from the farmhouse is simply breathtaking. Scansano is just 7 kilometres away from the nearest town (2km; 5′) and you can get to some of the region’s most popular destinations in less than an hour.
The 400 square metre (4,304 square foot) farmhouse has three levels and was once divided into three independent units, now consolidated. Here, you’ll find a large living room with a dining table, along with the kitchen, the reading room, and a tiny office. There’s also a guest bathroom on this floor, too. All of these rooms have access to the garden directly from their doors. It has five bedrooms, an office (or bedroom, if wanted), and two bathrooms on the first floor of the country house. The late-19th-century tower has been transformed into a stunning bedroom with an attached bathroom.
The house has been meticulously restored, preserving the Tuscan style and components such as stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams while adding modern conveniences like mosquito nets and LPG. Pig-iron radiators fashioned to perfectly match the country house’s architecture have also been installed.
A garden and an olive grove of 80 trees surround the country house, which sits on a plot measuring around 4.0 hectares. To cool off during the hot summer months, a small 6 2 m swimming pool was constructed out of the ancient animal watering trough that stands immediately next to the house.
During the summer, al fresco dinners can be enjoyed on the paving outside the country house, also an ideal spot to just relax in the Tuscan sun.
- TYPE: Tuscan farmhouse home
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Scansano
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 400 square metres (4,304 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 12
- BEDROOMS: 6 (up to 7)
- BATHROOMS: 4
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, garden, small swimming pool created in an old drinking trough, wooden fixtures with mosquito nets, iron railings, olive trees, oven, vegetable garden
- LAND: 4.0 hectares (9.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (850 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: 6 × 2 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class F)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Scansano (7km; 15’), Saturnia (24km; 35’), Grosseto (34km; 40’), Talamone (41km; 45’), Porto Santo Stefano (48km; 1h), Castiglione della Pescaia (57km; 1h), Montalcino (65km; 1h 20’), Punta Ala (78km; 1h 20’), Follonica (79km; 1h 10’), Pienza (88km; 1h 50’), Montepulciano (101km; 2h), Siena (101km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (139km; 2h 5’), Florence (176km; 2h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (40km; 45’), Roma Fiumicino (158km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (179km; 2h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (182km; 2h 20’), Pisa Galilei (186km; 2h 10’), Bologna Marconi (264km; 3h 10’)
See more Tuscany farmhouses for sale