Tuscan farmhouse for sale. Modern eco friendly property retaining rustic Italian farmhouse style. 350 sqm farmhouse, 3 bedrooms, one hectare land with olive trees.
Tuscan farmhouse for sale – Monte San Savino
Beautiful country house rebuilt in an eco friendly way but retaining traditional Tuscan architecture characteristics. Close to towns but nice rural peaceful location.
The property is made up of a main building, plus a dependance yet to be completed.
The main farmhouse (350 sqm – 3,766 sqft) is laid out onto three above-ground floors plus a basement:
– Basement: laundry, bathroom, technical room and cellar (potentially usable as a tavern and/or living room).
– Ground floor: entrance from the outdoor loggia, habitable kitchen, living room and bathroom.
– First floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom and independent bathroom.
– Second floor: bedroom and bathroom.
The dependance (90 sqm – 968 sqft) has just been started, with only the foundations completed.
The building, has been totally rebuilt with eco sustainability in mind, allowing the realization of a low environmental impact property. Stone, brick and wooden beams of the old building have all been reused to build the new farmhouse. The roof has been insulated with cork and there are spaces to let the air flow through the cover so to improve the durability of the roof.
External walls are realized with natural materials, with a depth ideal to reduce energy waste. Walls are highly breathable, realized in grip bricks (with pores) held together by Biocalce, which is not dangerous or pollutant. Fixtures have been installed with the same care ensuring minimal energy loss and excellent insulation of the property.
The property includes one hectare of land, with 220 olive trees to produce a nice olive oil. The building is fitted with solar panels for the production of warm water and heating. What’s more, to further reduce the environmental impact of the property a phytopurification system has been installed for water and waste treatment.
TYPE Tuscan farmhouse for sale. Restored farmhouse, rebuilt following the criteria of eco sustainability
MUNICIPALITY Monte San Savino
SIZE 350 sqm (3,766 sqft)
FEATURES Eco-friendly building, portico, garden, olive grove, stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, masonry fireplace, oak parquet, stone staircases
LAND 1 ha
ANNEX Dependance to be completed
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water, Well
HEATING Solar panel, biomass boiler, LPG, radiators
TELEPHONE Already connected
NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (1km; 5’), Monte San Savino (7km; 10’), Arezzo (20km; 25’), Castiglion Fiorentino (22km; 30’), Cortona (33km; 45’), Montepulciano (37km; 40’), Montalcino (59km; 1h 10’), Siena (59km; 1h), Florence (75km; 1h 5’)
NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (95km; 1h), Perugia Sant’Egidio (88km; 1h 5’), Pisa Galilei (155km; 1h 45’), Bologna Marconi (176km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (215km; 2h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (230km; 2h 15’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Farmhouse Property Detached farmhouse property in Umbria near the Tuscan border, which with a little tender loving care, could make a fine property and home. Perfectly habitable and livable now and also…
- Farmhouse with garden Restored stone Farmhouse with garden, dependence, pool, olive grove and panoramic view. 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Near to Liciano Niccone in Umbria. The property retains traditional characteristics such as…
- Umbria farmhouse property This restored farmhouse property in Umbria enjoys a quiet and very private location near to Montone. 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms with 11.7 hectares of land with gardens and swimming pool.…