Restored Tuscan Farmhouse and Annexes in a lovely country location near Greve in Chianti. 9 Separate units with a total of 10 bedrooms,2 Swimming pools, vineyard, land and gardens.
Greve in Chianti Tuscany Farmhouse Hamlet
Located on the Tuscan Chianti hills, with open and panoramic views is this old stone farmhouse hamlet complex which was built over the remains of a medieval castle, whose origin can be traced back to the 12th century.
Offering 450 square metres (4,841 square feet) of internal space the properties are currently used for holiday rentals with a total of 10 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms with 5,000 sqm of gardens which includes two swimming pools and a paved area for relaxation and al fresco dining. The remaining 24.5 hectares of land include a small 1.2-ha vineyard.
The hamlet is built on the remains of a medieval castle, whose origin can be traced back to the 12th century and whose shape can be, more or less, identified with the current borders of the garden. The castle was destroyed in the first half of the 17th century and left in ruins: the current buildings have been built over the ruins utilising the original stone and those walls that were still standing.
A recent renovation aimed at preserving the original walls and floors wherever possible, replacing the missing ones with modern materials that closely match the original ones as possible. The cottage was an old chapel and has been restored and converted into a two-story house.
The main farmhouse has a surface area of 279 sqm – 3,002 sqft with a total of 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and lies at is the heart of the property. The building, other than a technical room for the systems (7 sqm – 75 sqft), is divided into four apartments. The units on both floors are connected via a door which is currently locked, but it would be possible to have two bigger apartments.
– Apartment N°1 (72 sqm – 775 sqft): living area with kitchen and dining area, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (57 sqm – 613 sqft): living area with kitchen and dining area, bedroom, bathroom and outdoor patio;
– Apartment N°3 (76 sqm – 818 sqft): living room with cooking corner and dining area, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°4 (67 sqm – 721 sqft): living room with cooking corner, bedroom and two bathrooms.
Guesthouse N°1 has a surface area of 69 sqm – 742 sqft with a total of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on three floors which include a storage room (15 sqm – 162 sqm) on the ground floor plus two cosy independent apartments on the upper levels.
– Apartment N°5 (27 sqm – 290 sqft): living area with cooking corner, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°6 (27 sqm – 290 sqft): living area with cooking corner, bedroom, bathroom and outdoor patio.
Guesthouse N°2 has a surface area of 64 sqm – 688 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms over two floors and includes two cosy apartments:
– Apartment N°7 (33 sqm – 355 sqft): studio apartment with bathroom and outdoor closet;
– Apartment N°8 (31 sqm – 333 sqft): living area with cooking corner, bedroom and bathroom.
The cottage has a surface area of 38 sqm – 409 sqft with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom and was once the chapel of the castle. The building has been restored and gallery was added to create a second floor. The ground floor is currently a living area with a cooking corner and bathroom, while the upper level houses the bedroom.
The buildings are surrounded by 5,000 sqm of garden covering the area of what was once the medieval castle. Marked by stone terraces and walkways, the garden includes two swimming pools: the first one (12 × 6 m) close to the main house, and a second one (6 × 4 m) near the cottage and functionally reserved to the guests of this building.
The estate covers a total surface area of 24.0 hectares. There is a small vineyard (1.2 ha) that is currently rented out to a third party who takes care of maintenance and harvesting. The remaining land is covered in mixed woodland (8.5 ha) and fields (14.3 ha of arable and grazing land).
Currently used by the owners as a holiday accommodation business, renting the many apartments inside the farmhouses and the cottage it would be possible to convert the main farmhouse into a private home, keeping the outbuildings for the guests. The vineyard is currently rented out, but one of the buildings could be converted, if wanted, into a small cellar to produce a small quantity of wine per year.
- TYPE: Old stone Tuscan farmhouse hamlet complex
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Greve in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 450 square metres (4,841 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 18
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 11
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, wooden fixtures, restored church, garden, swimming pools, small vineyard
- LAND: 24.5 hectares (60.5 acres)
- GARDEN: 5,000 square metres (1.2 acres)
- ANNEXES: Guesthouses, cottage
- ACCESS: Unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m | 6 × 4 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private wells
- TELEPHONE: already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Greve in Chianti (5km; 10’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (18km; 25’), Castellina in Chianti (18km; 30’), Firenze (30km; 40’), Monteriggioni (34km; 55’), San Gimignano (38km; 1h), Siena (50km; 1h), Volterra (60km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (94km; 1h 35’), Montepulciano (99km; 1h 50’), Arezzo (101km; 1h 30’), Pienza (106km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (51km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (91km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (132km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (281km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (295km; 3h 25’)
See more Tuscany property