Splendid Tuscan character property deep in the Siena countryside with 45.4 hectares of land, arable land (34.4 ha) and woodland (11.0 ha) with truffles, boar, roe and fallow deer, badger, porcupine, pheasant and hare. The main house is fully and finely restored, for sale furnished, and it would also be possible to build another farmhouse.
Country Estate In Tuscany
45.4-ha Country estate with a finely restored 18th-century country home with pool and courtyard and a preserved ruin.
The house was originally a hunting lodge and has a surface area of 350 sqm – 3,765 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and dates back to the 18th century. The building was finely restored and furnished and blends traditional classical features with modern comforts (alarm, video surveillance, heating, led spotlights and stereo music system). Fixtures are mostly hidden inside the walls with dark wood shutters; the ground floor is paved in handcrafted Tuscan terracotta, while the first floor has lovely natural oak wooden planks.
The building is on two floors comprising:
– Ground floor: garage/technical room (boiler, pool machinery, water pump and control panels), equipped kitchen with ample outdoor oven, cellar for wines, large bathroom with shower, laundry room, pool room with bar corner, library/painting room with piano and double bed;
– First floor: large living room with original fireplace (here one could build a second kitchen), two double bedrooms, master bedroom (where one could also realize an en-suite bathroom) and two bathrooms with shower.
Behind the house, there is a ruin (250 sqm – 2,690 sqft) which underwent a conservative restoration so that it now constitutes a sort of courtyard for the farmhouse, with a well converted into a campfire. The volume of the ruin could be used to build another farmhouse in the property.
A canopy (roughly 25 sqm – 269 sqm) completes the property.
The estate covers 45.4 hectares which is split between arable land (34.4 ha) and woodland (11.0 ha). The land also contains a truffle ground with two natural springs and over one hundred different species of fruit trees (recognized by the province of Siena). The estate is contoured by a stream and is not far from the Canaloni del Farma. The estate is almost untouched and located between two important protected areas (Val di Farma and Val di Merse). The area is rich in indigenous fauna such as boar, roe and fallow deer, badger, porcupine, pheasant and hare.
- TYPE: Tuscan character property comprising 45.4-ha country estate with restored farmhouse and truffle ground, gardens and pool
- CONDITION: restored
- LOCATION: slightly hilly
- MUNICIPALITY: Siena
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 600 square meters (6,455 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 8
- BEDROOMS: 3
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: stone walls, wooden beams, handcrafter terracotta floors, natural oak wooden planks, pool room, led spotlights, alarm system, stone fireplaces, stone staircases, mosaic-tiled swimming pool, wooden fixtures, wooden pergola, well-maintained garden, stone courtyard with an old well which has been converted into a feature campfire
- LAND: 45.4 hectares (34.4 ha arable land + 11.0 ha woodland)
- GARDEN: 4,200 sqm (1.0 ac)
- ANNEXES: preserved ruin, canopy
- ACCESS: well-maintained unpaved road (2.5 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: 10 × 3 m
- ELECTRICITY: already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: mains water + natural springs
- TELEPHONE: to be connected
- ADSL: possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Montieri (38km; 50’), Massa Marittima (45km; 50’), Grosseto (49km; 55’), Siena (52km; 1h), Follonica (53km; 1h), Colle di Val d’Elsa (54km; 1h), Cala Violino (54km; 1h 5’), Montalcino (60km; 1h 5’), Castiglione della Pescaia (61km; 1h), Punta Ala (66km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (68km; 1h 25’), Volterra (72km; 1h 30’), Pienza (83km; 1h 30’), Bolgheri (98km; 1h 30’), Florence (103km; 1h 45’), Montepulciano (106km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (54km; 55’), Firenze Vespucci (116km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (160km; 2h), Perugia San Francesco (160km; 2h 10’), Bologna Marconi (198km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (240km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (220km; 2h 35’), Ancona Raffaello Sanzio (264km; 3h 20’), Milano Linate (394km; 4h 20’), Milano Malpensa (448km; 4h 55’)
See more Italian Luxury properties