An exceptional Italian commercial property opportunity. A superb Tuscan estate for sale near to Florence in the Chiantyi region with 2 restored hamlets and vineyard, working as winery, olive oil production and Agriturismo. 343.5 ha of land, church, restaurant, swimming pool, fishing lakes, hunting reserve, chestnuts…
Superb Tuscan estate for sale
This superb Tuscan estate for sale is presently being used as a vacation rental business, with numerous beds available for the clients. The other main commercial enterprise of the property is the winery with its 16.5 hectares of vineyard granting a high-quality production, among which we find IGT and DOCG wines (Chianti). Processed wine (ca. 500 hl a year) gets partially bottles (ca. 15,000 bottles) while the remaining quantity (ca. 390 hl) is sold as cask wine to other bottlers in the area. There is also production of a very nice Tuscan extra-virgin oil from the olive grove in the property (4 ha).
The whole Tuscan Estate property is split between two lovely hamlets.
Hamlet A includes 6 independent apartments, a villa (internally split into two separate residences) and several other buildings and locals for a grand total of 920 sqm (9,899 sqft).
In a farmhouse (198 sqm – 2,130 sqft) fully restored in 1998 two apartments on two floors have been obtained, for a grand total of 5 double bedrooms.
– Apartment N°1 (120 sqm – 1,291 sqft) is split between two floors and has a kitchen with fireplace, a double bedroom and a bathroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
– Apartment N°2 (78 sqm – 839 sqft) has a kitchen and a living room on the ground floor, two double bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
In a second farmhouse (154 sqm – 1,657 sqft) fully restored in 1998, two one-story apartments have been obtained.
– Apartment N°3 (73 sqm – 785 sqft) has a living room with sofa-bed and fireplace, a kitchenette, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
– Apartment N°4 (81 sqm – 872 sqft) has a living room with sofa-bed and a fireplace, a kitchenette, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
– Apartment N°5 (133 sqm – 1,431 sqft), fully restored in 1998, is laid out onto two floors: we find a living room with sofa-bed, fireplace and kitchenette on the ground floor, while there are 3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
– Apartment N°6 (81 sqm – 872 sqft), fully restored in 1998, is laid out onto two floors: there are a living room with fireplace, sofa-bed and kitchenette on the ground floor, while we find the night-zone on the first floor with 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
– Villa N°7 (257 sqm – 2,765 sqft), fully restored in 1998, is laid out onto two floors and split between a day-zone (ground floor) and a night-zone (first floor). The day-zone is made up of a kitchen with fireplace and oven, dining room with fireplace, 3 living room and a bathroom. The night-zone has 6 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus a secondary kitchen.
Finally, we find a games room and a storage room (for a total of 47 sqm – 506 sqft), a linen room (20 sqm – 215 sqft) directly under the villa and a former dairy (30 sqm – 323 sqft).
The hamlet is completed by a nice small church dating back to the 17th century (40 sqm – 430 sqft), consecrated and currently used for religious ceremonies.
Hamlet B includes 4 apartments, a villa (split into two separate residences), a barriques room, a restaurant and several warehouses for a total of 1,016 sqm (10,932 sqft).
In the beautiful villa of the hamlet (323 sqm – 3,475 sqft) two independent apartments have been obtained, each fitted with 3 double bedrooms.
– Apartment N°8 (153 sqm – 1,646 sqft): living room, kitchen, dining room, 3 double bedrooms, bathroom and laundry.
– Apartment N°9 (170 sqm – 1,829 sqft): entrance hall, 2 living room, kitchen, 3 double bedrooms, 3 bathroom and a laundry. The villa is enriched on the outside by a terrace (23 sqm – 247 sqft) and a loggia (25 sqm – 269 sqft).
In an old country house (103 sqm – 1,108 sqft) fully restored in 1990 there are two apartments, each fitted with 2 double bedrooms.
– Apartment N°10 (37 sqm – 398 sqft): kitchen, living room, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
– Apartment N°11 (66 sqm – 710 sqft): kitchen with fireplace, living room, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom. The apartment is enriched by a private loggia (13 sqm – 140 sqft).
From an old barn (141 sqm – 1,517 sqft) restored in 2007 we obtained two apartments, each with 2 double bedrooms.
– Apartment N°12 (72 sqm – 775 sqft): kitchen with fireplace, living room, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
– Apartment N°13 (69 sqm – 742 sqft): kitchen with fireplace, living room, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
There is then a beautiful two-story restaurant (158 sqm – 1,700 sqft), enriched by a loggia (60 sqm – 646 sqft) and an outdoor area covered in a PVC tarp (60 sqm – 646 sqft), the barriques cellar for wine ageing (81 sqm – 872 sqft) and several locals (210 sqm – 2,260 sqft) used as storage house, garage and warehouse.
A short distance from the hamlets, there is another farmhouse (290 sqm – 3,120 sqft) with an annex once used as a stable and storage house (173 sqm – 1,861 sqft) and a small metal shed.
Also outside of the hamlets there is a fully-restorable derelict convent (290 sqm – 3,120 sqft) fitted with a small annex (93 sqm – 1,001 sqft) still in builder’s finish.
Last but not least, we find a nice wine cellar (310 sqm – 3,336 sqft), dating back to the 19th century but fully restored in 2000 and currently used to process the grapes harvested in the property.
This Tuscan Estate property is made up prevalently of buildings dating back to the 19th century, fully and finely restored to preserve those characteristics typical to Tuscan countryside structures. External stone walls, brought back to their original beauty, clashes with plastered and painted internal walls granting brightness to the interiors. Other classy details include the beautiful wooden beams sustaining the roofs and the high-quality terracotta floors arranged in fishbone style.
The villa has light-toned parquet floors, with plastered and white-painted walls. Roofs are sustained by wooden beams which have been painted white.
Many of the apartments have masonry or stone fireplaces, perfectly restored and working.
The cellar is a spartan building, without too much luxury finishes and organized to provide a functional place for grapes processing and wine making. The barriques cellar is, instead, very refined with ample sections of exposed stone and finely preserved visible wooden beams.
The small church in the property (dating back to the 17th century) is still consecrated and boasts door and window frames carved in the pietra serena typical to the Florence area. On the inside, the altar is enriched by sculpted angels while the floors are covered in ancient terracotta tiles.
Next to the building of Hamlet A there is a wonderful 14 x 7 m pool (built in 1998) offering a panoramic view over the surrounding hills and fitted with a tiled solarium.
This Tuscan estate has 343.5 hectares of land, mainly covered in woodlands (300 ha). The remaining hectares are split among chestnut grove (3 ha), arable land (20 ha), a nice 1,000-tree olive grove (4 ha) and a nice vineyard (16.5 ha).
The vineyard, in particular, is the heart of the property given the production of the prestigious Chianti DOCG. First implants date back to the biennium 1972-1973 with Sangiovese and Malvasia (6.3 ha). In 1994 Sangiovese got an expansion, together with new Trebbiano and Canaiolo implants (4.9 ha). In 1997 more Sangiovese is added to the property (0.8 ha). In 2003 it’s time for Merlot, Syrah and Pinot Noir (2.4 ha). Ultimately, in 2016, more Sangiovese is planted together with Ciliegiolo and Pinot Blanc (2.1 ha). As of now, more vines are being planted in the property.
The land includes three small lakes, perfect for fishing. Two of them (respectively 2 and 3 ha) are fenced.
Several paths crisscross the property and are ideal for trekking and hitch-hiking lovers.
What’s more, the area is classified as a hunting reserve, usable all year long. 25 hectares of land are fenced and reserved as a wild boar hunting ground.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 16.5 ha
– Varieties: Sangiovese (70%), Malvasia (6%), Syrah (5%), Pinot Noir (5%), Merlot (4%), Ciliegiolo (4%), Pinot Blanc (3%), Trebbiano (2%) and Canaiolo (1%)
– Year of planting: 1972, 1973, 1994, 1997, 2003, 2016
– Year of construction (cellar): 19th century (restored 2000)
– Altitude: 280 – 380 m
– Density (stump/ha): 2,700 (6.3 ha) – 4,600 (10.2 ha)
– Average yield (quintals/ha): 50
– Training: pruned-spur cordon-trained, Guyot (Pinot Noir only)
– Harvesting: manual
– Terrain composition: clayish
– Yearly production: 500 hl
– Workers: 3
– Maximum wine capacity: 1.980 hl
CONTAINERS IN THE WINE CELLAR
– 31 barriques
– Vats (total capacity: 1.910 hl)
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 100% Sangiovese
– Chianti DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
– Chianti DOCG Riserva: 100% Sangiovese
– Rosé Toscano IGT: 100% Sangiovese
– Vinsanto Chianti DOC: Malvasia, Trebbiano
– Grappa: Sangiovese (lees)
– Grappa Riserva: Sangiovese (lees)
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 4 ha
– Varieties: Frantoio (70%), Pendolino (12%), Leccino (12%) and Moraiolo (6%)
– Years of plantation: 1970s
– Altitude: 350 m
– Density (tree/ha): 250
– Terrain composition: clayish
VEHICLES IN THE PROPERTY
New Holland tracked tractor 90 hp, New Holland tractor for orchard 90 hp, Lamborghini tractor 75 hp (with front blade), MacMoter excavator 60 q, Mitsubishi pick up, 3 undercarriages, 2 wheeled cisterns, fertilizer, cutter arm, electric forklift, weeding tank, hydraulic post driver, trimmer, rotary brush, sprayer, harrow, coulter
TYPE Superb Tuscan estate for sale with hamlets and vineyard, working both as winery and Agriturismo
CONDITION Fully restored
SIZE 3,132 sqm (33,699 sqft)
BEDROOMS 34 (up to 40)
BATHROOMS 19 (up to 23)
FEATURES Agriturismo, wine estate, swimming pool, solarium, chestnut grove, olive grove, Chianti, B&B, terracotta floors, wooden beams, masonry fireplaces, masonry arches, stone walls, cellar, church, villa, fishing lakes, hunting reserve, Sangiovese, Malvasia, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc, Merlot, Ciliegiolo, Trebbiano, Canaiolo
LAND 343.5 ha (16.5 ha vineyard + 4 ha olive grove + 300 ha woodland + 3 ha chestnut grove + 20 ha arable land)
GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
ANNEX Several buildings
ACCESS Paved road
POOL 14 x 6,5 m
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Already connected
GAS Already connected
TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL + Wi Fi
Nearest town (2km; 5’), Florence (38km; 55’), Arezzo (84km; 1h 20’), San Gimignano (88km; 1h 35’), Volterra (110km; 1h 55’), Siena (110km; 1h 50’), Montepulciano (117km; 1h 45’), Montalcino (144km; 2h 15’)
Firenze Peretola (63km; 1h 5’), Bologna Marconi (105km; 1h 30’), Pisa Galilei (123km; 1h 45’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (167km; 2h 5’), Grosseto Baccarini (180km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (295km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (310km; 3h 15’)
See more Italian Countryhouse property
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Vineyard and Winery Tuscan Vineyard and Winery for sale. 17.0 hectares of land inc 6.3 hectares of vineyards. Producing apx 65,000 bottles of wine per year with scope for increasing production. 3 Bed…
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Vineyard and Agriturismo Near the Tuscan coast, in the Bolgheri wine area is this 6 apartment agriturismo with Bolgheri DOC vineyard producing up to 50,000 bottles of wine per year. 8 hectares with…