Stone farmhouse in Tuscany which needs to be restored. Make a large spacious home or 3 apartments. Barn and 1,500 square metres of flat land.
Tuscan Restoration Property
In the municipality of Caprese Michelangelo, in a hilly and panoramic position, a farmhouse of 387 square metres with outbuilding to be restored. The property consisting of a stone farmhouse, an extension made of reinforced concrete and a barn, is currently in disuse but offers ample space to create three comfortable apartments or a single private spacious home.
About 1,500 square metres of land surround the building and are suitable for creating a garden.
The property is located just 2 km from Caprese Michelangelo, where all services are available. However, other cities and towns in Tuscany can be easily reached in less than two hours (Anghiari, Arezzo, Sansepolcro, Cortona, Siena, Florence…). The closest airport is Perugia (82km; 1h) and the terminals in Florence, Bologna, Pisa and Rome are also very convenient for international flights.
The farmhouse (387 sq m) unfolds over three floors and is divided into two distinct wings. The old building (165 sq m) is made of stone and brick with wooden floors and terracotta tiles. The second wing (222 square metres) consists of an extension made of reinforced concrete and covered in stone like the original building. The facade has two terraces. The original idea was to divide the completed farmhouse into three apartments, joining the old wing with the new one.
The property is in good structural condition, with minor interventions required in some portions of the roof. The electrical, plumbing and drainage systems are old and no longer usable or up to standard. The finishes are almost absent or extremely limited after years of neglect. The back of the building, which currently houses an oven and a bottom, has partially collapsed.
Next to the farmhouse, there is an old barn (100 sqm) which could be renovated and converted into a small residential unit.
Around the farmhouse, there are about 1,500 square metres of flat land which, once cleared, offer the perfect space for the construction of a garden or a parking lot. A small parcel of wooded land (70 sqm) is located just beyond the road that runs alongside the property.
- TYPE: Stone Farmhouse
- CONDITION: Needing renovation
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Caprese Michelangelo
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 487 square metres (5,239 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 6+
- BATHROOMS: 6+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, reinforced concrete structure, ceilings with wooden beams terracotta tiles, terraces, storage room, oven
- LAND: 1,575 square metres (0.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Barn
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: To be connected
- WATER SUPPLY: To be connected
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: To be connected
- HEATING SYSTEM: To be connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Caprese Michelangelo (2km; 5’), Anghiari (10km; 10’), Sansepolcro (18km; 20’), Arezzo (39km; 40’), Cortona (57km; 1h), Perugia (84km; 1h), Montepulciano (88km; 1h 15’), Assisi (95km;1h 10’), Pienza (95km; 1h 20’), Lago Trasimeno (97km; 1h 25’), Spello (102 km; 1h 15’), Siena (106km; 1h 40’), Firenze (111km; 1h 25’), Todi (123km; 1h 20’), Orvieto (145km; 1h 40’), San Gimignano (153 km; 1h 50’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (82km; 1h), Firenze Vespucci (125km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (178km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (217km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (256 km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (282 km; 2h 50’)
See more Tuscany real estate