Surprisingly spacious Florence villa divided into 5 apartments (19 bedrooms) with English style park garden for sale. 15 mins from the city centre. Restored with great care and attention to detail characterized by frescoes and elegant finishes.
Florence Villa Property – 5 large apartments
This mansion-style villa was built on a small hill between Florence and Fiesole between the 14th and 15th centuries. The villa was commissioned by the Gualtierotti family and passed through the hands of illustrious families for more than three centuries: in the 15th century, the Nasi were the owners, and in the 17th century, the building passed to the Durazzini and then to the Pistolesi, before arriving in the mid-18th century to Moisè Velo di Malachia. Ownership transfers grew more frequent after that, and the villa is now divided into five apartments. The lower levels of the building still reflect 16th-century restoration, but the top floor with the loggia was erected between 1910 and 1913 when the then-owners wanted to raise the villa even higher.
A magnificent English-style park garden (7,090 square metres, or 1.7 acres) surrounds the villa which features several towering Atlas cedars plus decorative mature olive trees (approximately 4,000 sqm) which could be used to produce a small amount of olive oil.
Preliminary consent was given in the past for the construction of a condominium swimming pool in the garden.
Wrought iron gates and lights and railings in the Art Nouveau style of the early 20th century decorate the park.
Located between Florence and Fiesole and Florence, in a panoramic and very convenient position, this elegant 14th-century 1,690 sqm villa with five apartments and park has been restored with great care and attention to detail which is characterized by the retained frescoes and elegant finishes and currently houses 19 bedrooms with the possibility, if wanted, of creating others by converting some of the halls.
All services are available in the nearby village (400 m), which can be reached quickly and easily on foot, and the historic city centre of Florence is just 15 minutes drive from the villa. The airport A. Vespucci airport is just 30′ drive away.
The villa has a surface area of 1,690 sqm – 18,184 sqft and is divided into five apartments, two per floor with the exception of the top level, which is occupied entirely by a single unit with a stunning exclusive panoramic loggia.
On the ground floor and basement are some common areas, the cellars (allocated exclusively to each individual apartment and included in the surface areas below) and the garages.
– Apartment N°1 (260 sqm – 2,798 sqft, ground floor and basement)
– Apartment N°2 (285 sqm – 3,066 sqft, ground floor and basement)
– Apartment N°3 (275 sqm – 2,959 sqft, first floor and basement)
– Apartment N°4 (285 sqm – 3,066 sqft, first floor and basement)
– Apartment N°5 (440 sqm – 4,734 sqft, second floor) with loggia (155 sqm – 1,668 sqft)
The interiors have all been renovated and preserved unaltered the beautiful frescoes and decorations typical of Renaissance manorial buildings: the apartments are all in good condition and have very elegant finishes. The frescoes on the ceilings have been preserved and restored, as have the beautiful inlaid parquet floors and masonry vaults on the lower levels of the building.
On the roof, with an eye for efficiency and renewable energy, a solar panel system has been installed for the production of hot water.
- TYPE: 14th-century historical Florence villa
- CONDITION: Restored with luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, about 15 minutes from Florence city centre
- ACCESS: Paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Fiesole
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,690 square metres (18,184 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30+
- BEDROOMS: 19+
- BATHROOMS: 19+
- ANNEXES: Garage, cellars
- MAIN FEATURES: Parquet flooring, inlaid parquet motifs, frescoed ceilins, brick vaults, parking lot, English park with Art Nouveau pieces, monumental staircase, possibility of building a pool, olive grove, cellar
- EXTERIORS: 7,090 square metres (1.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + solar panels
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (400m; 2′), Fiesole (8km; 20’), Florence (9km; 15’), Impruneta (20km; 25’), San Gimignano (61km; 1h), Montecatini Terme (63km; 45’), Arezzo (75km; 55’), Siena (77km; 1h), Lucca (90km; 1h), Pisa (99km; 1h 20’), Forte dei Marmi (123km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (28km; 30’), Pisa G. Galilei (95km; 1h 10’), Bologna G. Marconi (119km; 1h 25’), Perugia San Francesco (159km; 1h 45’), Roma Ciampino (285km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (302km; 3h)
See more Villas in Tuscany for sale