Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and converted barn, swimming pool, gardens and olive grove.
Commercial Opportunity – Ideal Home and Income.
5.5-hectare organic wine estate with Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (1.85 ha) and an agriturismo accommodation business. The vineyards produce (at the moment) up to 10,000 bottles of wine per year. The farmhouse houses two apartments each with 3 bedrooms and the converted barn house two apartments each with one bedroom. The small olive grove has 180 olive trees and produces around 500 litres of excellent extra-virgin DOP olive oil. Ideal for personal use and maybe selling some to guests.
The farmhouse has a surface area of300 sqm – 3,228 sqft on two floors and is currently divided to make two independent apartments (one on each floor):
– Apartment N°1: entrance room, living room, kitchen, studio, three double bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°2: entrance room (external staircase), living room, kitchen, three double bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The converted old barn has a surface area of 220 sqm – 2,367 sqft and includes two independent apartments and a small shop with tasting area, bathroom and cellar.
– Apartment N°3: kitchen with loggia and dining area, large bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°4: kitchen with dining area, large living room, bedroom and bathroom.
A stone-paved patio area sits between the two buildings and offers a pleasant outdoor area, ideal for alfresco meals and meetings.
The property is then completed by a wine cellar (70 sqm – 753 sqft) with several canopies to shelter vehicles and tools. The cellar includes stainless steel vats (n. 7 totalling 10 tons), concrete vats (n. 2 totalling 5 tons), bottling machine and labeller.
Other agricultural machinery and vehicles are included: weeding barrel (300 lt.), 8-blade harrow, milling cutter, shearer machine and tracked tractor (mod. FIAT 355).
The estate has a total surface area of roughly 5.5 hectares (13.6 acres) and the whole production on the farm has been carried out with certified organic methods (ICEA) for over 20 years.
The vineyard is registered as Chianti Classico DOCG (1.3 ha) and Toscana IGT (0.55 ha). Made up of Sangiovese (80%), Merlot (15%) and Vermentino (5%) varieties, the vineyard is currently used to produce between 8,000 and 10,000 bottles of wine per year (Chianti Classico DOCG, Toscana Rosso IGT, Toscana Rosato IGT and Toscana Bianco IGT). Wine is then distributed through a consolidated clientele in Italy, Europe and America.
Note: the neighbouring 5.0-ha Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard is also available for sale via a separate transaction.
There is also a small high-density olive grove (0.4 ha) with roughly 180 trees producing roughly 500 litres of DOP extra-virgin olive oil per year.
The remaining surface area is covered in arable land with fruit trees (2.45 ha) and coppice woodland (0.8 ha).
Part of the arable land could be planted with vineyards (roughly 1.0 ha).
Expansion of the vineyard could technically increase the yearly production to up to 40,000 bottles by planting the available hectare and buying the neighbouring 5.0 ha of Chianti Classico vineyards.
- TYPE: Small wine estate with Agriturismo
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Open and sunny
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 590 square metres (6,348 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 8
- BATHROOMS: 7
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, loggia, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, solar panels, wine cellar, garden, fruit trees, stone-paved apron
- LAND: 5.5 hectares (13.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Wine cellar, a former barn
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (800 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: 10.5 × 5.5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (1km; 5’), Florence (28km; 30’), Colle Val d’Elsa (35km; 45’), San Gimignano (40km; 1h), Siena (45km; 1h), Volterra (61km; 1h 20’), Arezzo (65km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (85km; 1h 35’), Pisa (90km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (46km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (93km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (127km; 1h 30’), Perugia San Francesco (147km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (276km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (290km; 3h 10’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…
- Chianti Wine Property A very nice Chianti Wine property comprising a 30.5-ha estate with 10.0 ha Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyards and Agriturismo. Winery and wine shop, gardens, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable…
- Tuscan Vineyard and Winery Tuscan Vineyard and Winery for sale. 17.0 hectares of land inc 6.3 hectares of vineyards. Producing apx 65,000 bottles of wine per year with scope for increasing production. 3 Bed…