Plot Size 43000 m²
Living Area 436 m²
Heating Pellet stove + air conditioning
Property Stone walls, Impruneta terracotta floors, chestnut wooden beams, truss, original terracotta tiles, solar panels, irrigation system
Small organic farm with Agriturismo, vineyard and olive grove. near to Florence in Tuscany. Multiple income streams from this Tuscan property, part of the land is also used for saffron production.
Florence, Tuscany – Organic farm with Agriturismo, vineyard and olive grove
Very nice income producing opportunity located near to the Tuscan capital of Florence comprising an organic farm of 4.3 hectares with a large farmhouse of 400 sqm with 6 bedrooms currently used in a holiday accommodation business. The land includes an IGT vineyard (0.6 ha) and an olive grove (0.8 ha), whilst the arable land is partly used for the production of saffron.
The property was built over the centuries around a pre-existing tower dating to the 14th century related to the powerful Conti Guidi. Between 1990 and 2000 everything was renovated and reinforced for the first time. A final renovation in 2014 allowed the starting of the agricultural and accommodation businesses in 2015.
In the last stages of renovation, the owners followed the guidelines from the Chinese tradition of Feng Shui and decided to move the electric lines underground by removing ENEL pylons.
The property focuses on the protection of the environment, making the most of the solar panels for the production of hot water and avoiding waste: the wastewater is in fact purified, collected in an 8,000-litre tank and then reused for irrigation of the garden. To further reduce the environmental impact, a photovoltaic system could be installed to achieve electrical independence.
The multipurpose building has been realized with original stone, recovered through the demolition of the old barn, and following the current anti-seismic criteria.
Waters from the wells is made potable by colouration and reverse osmosis.
The main building (285 sqm – 3,067 sqft) is structured on four floors organized as follows and includes three suites (all with independent access) used for the Agriturismo.
– Basement: cellars;
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace, professional kitchen, breakfast room, pantry and bathroom. Externally, we have a loggia with oven and two technical rooms.
– First floor: three bedrooms (one with en-suite bathroom) and two independent bathrooms;
– Second floor: loft.
The three suites, all with independent access, are organized as follows:
– Suite N°1 (51 sqm – 549 sqft, ground floor): living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Suite N°2 (31 sqm – 333 sqft, first floor): bedroom, bar area and bathroom;
– Suite N°3 (33 sqm – 355 sqft, first floor): study, bedroom and bathroom.
An annexe (36 sqm – 387 sqft) was built in 2011 and is currently used as a multi-purpose warehouse and sales area for the company’s products. At the expiration of the limitation of agricultural allocation (2021), it would be possible to convert the building into a small residence (perhaps for a caretaker) consisting of a bathroom, kitchen with dining area and bedroom.
This organic farm property consists of 4.3 hectares of land, divided between vineyards (0.6 ha), mixed woodland (0.5 ha), olive grove (0.8 ha) and arable land (2.4 ha). Part of the arable land is used for the cultivation of saffron.
While the property is inside the Rufina production area, the altitude of the land and the vineyards do not allow producing and bottling of Chianti Rufina DOCG and that’s why the estate only produces IGT wines.
The land surrounding the house is fenced and accessed through a FAAC automatic gate. Other fences, not connected, have been installed around the vineyards, the orchard and the two plots used to harvest saffron.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 0.6 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese (♦), Merlot (♦) e Alicante Bouschet (♦)
– Altitude: 440 m
– Exposure: South-east
– Density (stump/ha): 5,000 stump/ha
– Average yield (quintals/ha): 5 – 6 tons/ha
– Training: pruned-spur cordon
– Terrain composition: clayish, calcareous
– Yearly production: up to 3,000 bottles
♦ Toscana Rosso IGT: 100% Sangiovese
♦ Toscana Rosso IGT: 50% Sangiovese, 40% Merlot, 10% Alicante
- TYPE Small organic farm with Agriturismo, vineyard and olive grove
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Florence
- PROVINCE Florence
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 436 sqm (4,691 sqft)
- ROOMS 11
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, Impruneta terracotta floors, chestnut wooden beams, truss, original terracotta tiles, vineyards, olive grove, solar panels, irrigation system
- LAND 4.3 ha (0.6 ha vineyards + 0.5 ha woodland + 0.8 ha olive grove + 2.4 ha arable land)
- GARDEN Yes, around the farmhouse
- ANNEXE Multipurpose building
- ACCESS Unpaved road (400 m)
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (16 kW)
- WATER Private wells (2)
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Pellet stove + air conditioning
- TELEPHONE Already connected (EOLO)
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (7km; 15’), Pontassieve (9km; 15’), Florence (28km; 50’), Figline Valdarno (30km; 50’), Greve in Chianti (46km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (72km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (78km; 1h 30’), Siena (96km; 1h 30’), Volterra (99km; 1h 45’), Pisa (116km; 1h 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (52km; 1h), Pisa Galilei (113km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (134km; 1h 45’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (156km; 2h 5’), Falconara Marittima (230km; 3h 10’), Roma Ciampino (283km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (298km; 3h 10’), Milano Malpensa (390km; 4h 20’)
More Vineyard properties