A simply stunning property in Italy located in Camogli in the Ligurian province of Genoa. A restored Liberty style villa with sea views. Large and spacious with further potential to increase the accommodation.
Camogli Villa With Sea Views
With a beautiful view over the sea of Liguria in the upper part of Camogli and in a quiet residential area is this 600-sqm Liberty style villa with a large garden. The property which was restored in 2015, has a total of 6 bedrooms at the moment but it would be possible to increase this up to 11 bedrooms. The property features beautiful living rooms with rich decoration. If wanted, the villa could easily be split into two independent residential units.
Services are all available in the immediate vicinity, the town centre is quickly reached and the sea is just 1 km away from the villa. Other cities of Liguria and Northern Italy can be generally reached in less than two hours by car (Santa Margherita Ligure, Portofino, Genoa, Sestri Levante, Pisa, Imperia, Sanremo, Turin…).
The closest airport is the one in Genoa (36km; 35’) but the terminals in Pisa, Cuneo, Milan and Turin are also convenient as well.
This stunning property in Italy villa has a surface area of 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms over three floors comprising:
– Ground floor: entrance room with portico, eight rooms (two of which were used in the past as bedrooms), two bathrooms, an infernot (which is a cellar carved into the stone) and two windowless storage rooms.
– First floor: entrance room, a large living room with veranda, kitchen, sitting room with terrace, bedroom and two bathrooms;
– Second floor: master bedroom with walk-in closet and private bathroom, ample studio with veranda, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Outside, with direct access from the garden, one can also find four small annexes currently used as storehouses and tool sheds.
The villa was built in 1912 in the Liberty style and has excellent finishes in the many rooms, with decorations with curved and sinuous lines. Numerous arches, a typical element of Art Nouveau, are visible throughout the house, both in the form of real windows and as connecting elements between the various rooms. The floors are covered in marble and polished stone, all embellished with beautiful and colourful mosaics; the staircase that connects the floors, often depicted in architecture and art magazines, is made of marble and decorated with a metal railing. A large window illuminates the stairwell. The rooms are covered by splendid frescoed vaulted ceilings, with mouldings that run throughout the building.
The structure, on the first and second floors, was completely renovated in 2015 with the installation of new comforts, refurbishment of the roof, sanitary, heating and electrical systems, decoration of the facades and interiors. However, the ground floor needs some renovation and modernization in order to be used to its full potential.
The property has been listed several times as one of the ten most beautiful villas in the Ligurian Levant.
The villa, on the side watching the sea, has a nice 800-sqm garden with an oven. This outdoor space is perfect to meet friends and small gatherings or parties
Above the villa there is a small parking area with two car spaces and a few steps away there are two private car spaces belonging to the villa.
The villa, thanks to its internal layout, could easily be split into two independent units. The building features two separate accesses, respectively on the ground and first floor. This means that the ground floor could be easily reworked into one or more apartments, whether for staff or to be rented out. The two upper floors, larger in size, would make the perfect prestige home if you looking for peace and tranquillity in a beautiful place with an enviable view over the sea.
- TYPE: Liberty style villa
- CONDITIONS: Restored (2015)
- LOCATION: Sea view
- MUNICIPALITY: Camogli
- PROVINCE: Genoa
- REGION: Liguria
- INTERIORS: 600 square metres (6,456 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 18
- BEDROOMS: 6 (up to 11)
- BATHROOMS: 6
- MAIN FEATURES: Sea view, private car spots, Liberty style decoration, arches, private garden, terrace, large windows, columns, mouldings, marble flooring, mosaics, frescoed vaulted ceilings by notable 20th-century artists
- LAND: 800 square metres (0.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Storage rooms
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network (energy class E)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fan coils
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Santa Margherita Ligure (7km; 15’), Portofino (12km; 20’), Chiavari (18km; 25’), Genoa (26km; 25’), Sestri Levante (28km; 30’), Savona (80km; 1h 5’), La Spezia (83km; 1h 10’), Alessandria (100km; 1h 30’), Pietra Ligure (104km; 1h 20’), Pisa (139km; 1h 40’), Imperia (142km; 1h 45’), Sanremo (171km; 2h 10’), Turin (199km; 2h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Genova Colombo (36km; 35’), Pisa Galilei (145km; 1h 35’), Cuneo Levaldigi (168km; 2h), Milano Linate (172km; 1h 50’), Milano Malpensa (205km; 2h 15’), Torino Pertini (228km; 2h 25’)
See more Italian Property With Sea Views