Siena Tuscany real estate consisting of a farm estate with a restored hamlet offering holiday accommodation, 161.9 hectares (400.1 acres) of land inc olive grove, gardens, swimming pool. Land is ideal for planting vineyards in the Chianti Colli Senesi growing area. 6 apartments, 2 guesthouses, owners accommodation. Space suitable for wine cellar and wine production. Excellent commercial opportunity.
Tuscan Farm Estate with Holiday Accommodation
161.9-hectare estate with a restored hamlet and organic olive grove on a slope in the Sienese countryside, in the Chianti Colli Senesi producing area.
The hamlet dates from the 18th century and has been restored and divided to accommodate holiday guests (1,328 sqm in total with 18 bedrooms) .
A 16 metre long swimming pool is located in the 9,000-square-metre garden that surrounds the buildings.
The farm estate’s arable ground is ideal for vineyard development if wanted.
The nearest village (5km; 5′) provides all essential facilities, while major tourist destinations such as Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Volterra, San Gimignano, Florence, Pisa… are less than two hours away by car
Saturnia’s thermal facilities are around 1 hour 45 minutes away, and Tuscan seaside towns like Talamone and Castiglione della Pescaia are about an hour away.
The main house has a surface area of 651 sqm – 7,005 sqft with 9 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and is a big historic 18th-century three-story mansion that has been partitioned into units for guest accommodation. Large storage areas, warehouses, and technical rooms are located on the ground floor. A large event kitchen with a washroom and covered outdoor dining space is located on the building’s eastern side. Six flats are located on the top floors of the structure.
– Apartment N°1 (60 sqm – 646 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): large living room with kitchen and bedroom with bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (82 sqm – 882 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): kitchen with 17th-century fireplace, living room with pool view, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment N°3 (46 sqm – 495 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): entrance hall, kitchen with dining area, bedroom, and bathroom rebuilt from an antique farm mill;
Apartment N°4 (43 sqm – 463 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): dining room with kitchen and view of the mediaeval village, bedroom and bathroom; Apartment N°5 (38 sqm – 409 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): spacious living area with kitchen and view of the pool, bedroom and bathroom; Apartment N°6 (58 sqm – 624 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): living area with kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
The building has been completely refurbished and retains the rustic beauty typical of these Tuscan country houses. The construction has characteristic mixed stone/brick walls on the outside, and it was decided to keep the original timber beams and terracotta flooring throughout. In addition, all of the rooms have air conditioning to offer optimal comfort for guests.
If a vineyard is planted on the land, the wide rooms on the bottom floor could be converted into a wine cellar with maturing rooms and a bottling line.
Guesthouse A (69 sqm – 742 sqft, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) is located next to the main villa and is connected by a canopy at the event kitchen’s exit. When we enter the bottom floor, we find a large living area, a kitchen, and a bathroom with a shower. Going upstairs, we find the sleeping section, which has a huge master bedroom, twin bedrooms, and a common bathroom.
Guesthouse B has three storeys (371 sqm – 3,991 sqft, four bedrooms, and two bathrooms). Two storage rooms are located on the lowest floor, which is partially subterranean. The entire ground floor is dedicated to car storage, warehouses, and storerooms. A guest apartment is located on the top floor, accessible by exterior steps (148 sqm – 1,592 sqft). When you walk in, you’re greeted by a large living space with an open kitchen and a fireplace. From here, one continues to the hallway, which separates the sleeping space, which includes a huge master bedroom with private bathroom and three bedrooms with communal bathrooms.
The owners’ home (210 sqm – 2,260 sqft, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms) is spread across two storeys. The lower floor is mostly utilised as a wine cellar, with a bedroom and private bathroom in the back. Going up to the first level, you’ll find a light living area with an open kitchen, and from there you’ll find a corridor leading to the master bedroom with a private bathroom, a second double bedroom, and the service bathroom.
The property is completed by a wood-burning oven (17 sqm – 183 sqft) with a woodshed and a modest agricultural outbuilding (10 sqm – 108 sqft) to house equipment and gardening items.
Beyond the road, there is a damaged barn (about 50 sqm – 538 sqft per level) that could be reconstructed in the original style.
The structures are built on a hill and are surrounded by 161.9 hectares (400.1 acres) of land. The estate’s (131.2 acres) forests give good privacy and are suitable for outdoor walks and hikes. In the right season, you can also find mushrooms and truffles, as well as animals native to the Tuscan region.
The arable land (27.1 ha) is appropriate for a wide range of crops, but the region is known for producing great wines, and the property is wholly within the Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG production zone. Every year, an olive grove (2.7 hectares) cultivated using strict organic methods produces superb extra virgin olive oil.
A private lake (1,200 sqm) located south of the hamlet provides for irrigation of the garden and crops as needed.
Finally, a 9,000-square-metre garden surrounds the structures, with local plants and exotic-looking palm trees framing the gorgeous 16-metre-long swimming pool encircled by a terracotta solarium with umbrellas and deck.
- TYPE: Siena Tuscany real estate – Farm with restored hamlet offering holiday accommodation
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Siena
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,328 square metres (14,289 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30+
- BEDROOMS: 18+
- BATHROOMS: 13+
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, storages
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, original terracotta floors, fireplaces, paved terraces, swimming pool with terracotta-paved sunbathing area, garden, lake for irrigation, organic olive grove
- EXTERIORS: 161.9 hectares (400.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, MATURE AND well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 16 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well + lake for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (4km; 5’), Buonconvento (16km; 20’), Siena (29km; 30’), Montalcino (30km; 35’), Pienza (43km; 50’), Monteriggioni (45km; 40’), Castellina in Chianti (53km; 50’), Montepulciano (55km; 1h), Volterra (67km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (67km; 1h 10’), Castiglione della Pescaia (81km; 1h 10’), Talamone (87km; 1h 5’), Cortona (93km; 1h 15’), Arezzo (94km; 1h 20’), Saturnia (98km; 1h 45’), Florence (100km; 1h 30’), Pisa (148km; 2h), Lucca (171km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTSGrosseto C. Baccarini (60km; 50’), Firenze A. Vespucci (110km; 1h 20’), Perugia San Francesco (137km; 1h 40’), Pisa G. Galilei (145km; 1h 50’), Bologna G. Marconi (192km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (266km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (228km; 2h 30’)
See more vineyard real estate