Large and spacious Tuscan sea view villa. A very versatile property, currently used for upmarket holiday accommodation. 6 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, a swimming pool and gardens, would also make a superb private luxury home. Sea views to the Island of Elba. Possible to buy further land with 8 bungalows and organic olive grove.
Luxury Villa in Tuscany. Sea views to the Island of Elba
This luxury Tuscan villa property is located at the top of a hill offering a panoramic view over the sea with the Gulf of Follonica and Elba Island on one side and the Sienese hills on the other.
The villa has a surface area of 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and is spread out over three floors comprising:
– Ground floor: living/dining room, kitchen, bathroom, private studio with bathroom and a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and access from the garden. Outside, a large paved and air-conditioned portico (95 sqm – 1,022 sqft) is enclosed by glass-windows and allowing full enjoyment of the pleasant climate of Tuscany. A technical room with direct access from the outside completes the floor.
– First floor: three double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, plus a linen storage/laundry room. Two of the bedrooms have a nice terrace (20 sqm each).
– Second floor: two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The living room on the ground floor was built in the former stables and the typical old features and style have been preserved. The flooring throughout the house is made of chestnut boards.
The conservative restoration was carried out with the idea of preserving the original building, highlighting its historically-more-relevant features (stone walls, chestnut wooden beams, terracotta tiles and vaulted ceilings). These traditional materials are coupled with many modern details made out of crystal, steel and iron which connect both present and past.
Behind the farmhouse, there are two warehouses (100 sqm – 1,076 sqft).
With the approval of the new Piano Operativo by the municipality of Scarlino, one could also expand the volume of the main building.
The land surrounding the villa, roughly 1.0 ha – 2.5 acres, is rich in plants typical of the area such as strawberries, cypresses, holm oaks and productive olive trees. The Eucalypts one can see were planted as they help to drain the land (formerly marsh now reclaimed) by entrapping water.
The pool was built on the slope of the hill facing the sea. The basin is made out of quartz sand and resin which, by extending on the slope simulate a small sandy beach. Right next to the pool there is a relaxation area with sunbeds and deck chairs.
The villa, thanks to its enviable position with view over the sea on one side and on the Sienese hills on the other, is currently working as an upmarket holiday accommodation business but it would be possible to convert the property back into a luxury private home.
Bordering the property are a further 13.0 hectares of land, with a productive olive grove (600 trees are already producing a certified organic olive oil, while almost as many trees need to be recovered, with ongoing PMA). On this plot of land are also located eight bungalows which can be easily rented out.
The asking price for the whole property (villa + extra 13 hectares of land + bungalows) is € 5.000.000
- TYPE: Luxury Tuscan sea view villa
- CONDITION: restored (2010)
- LOCATION: hilly, panoramic, sea view
- MUNICIPALITY: Scarlino
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 500 square meters (5,380 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 6
- BATHROOMS: 9
- MAIN FEATURES: stone walls, wooden beams, chestnut wooden beams, terracotta tiles, ample glass-windowed portico, mosaic-tiles surfaces, alarm system, thermal solar system, garden with lighting system
- LAND: 1.0 hectares (2.5 acres)
- GARDEN: yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXES: tool shelter
- ACCESS: well-maintained paved road (1.5 km) with dust-removal system
- SWIMMING POOL: yes, with rounded borders
- ELECTRICITY: already connected (20 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: mains water + cistern well for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: already connected + VOIP
- ADSL: VOIP
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: fan coils + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Scarlino (5km; 10’), Follonica (9km; 15’), Punta Ala (20km; 25’), Castiglione della Pescaia (22km; 25’), Vetulonia (27km; 35’), Piombino (35km; 40’), Grosseto (45km; 45’), Bolgheri (58km; 55’), Montalcino (93km; 1h 15’), Saturnia (100km; 1h 40’), Volterra (104km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (105km; 2h), Siena (112km; 1h 25’), Florence (143km; 2h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (46km; 40’), Pisa Galilei (124km; 1h 25’), Firenze Vespucci (177km; 2h 5’), Roma Fiumicino (215km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (235km; 2h 45’), Bologna Marconi (264km; 3h)
See more sea view listings
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Amalfi Coast Villa Property Sea Views Superb Amalfi Coast villa property with clifftop sea views. Luxury villa with 6 Bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a swimming pool and garden. Large Spacious Amalfi Sea View Luxury Villa Built on…
- Luxurious, spacious WOW factor property This Tuscan property certainly has the WOW factor. A large spacious and luxurious villa with beautiful sea views and breathtaking sunset panoramas. 6 Beds, 6 Baths, swimming pool and gardens.…
- Italian Luxury Sea View Villa Looking to buy something special? Take a look at this Italian luxury sea view Villa located in the stylish and upmarket seaside resort of Punta Ala In Tuscany. Designed by…