Location, Location, Location! Nestling in an incredibly private but not isolated, rural location with simply breathtaking views, is this traditional Tuscan home and annexes with some superb features throughout and offering extensive accommodation. Gardens and grounds inc small vineyard and olive grove. For sale furnished.
Anghiari Tuscany Home and Annexes, Vineyard, Olive Grove
On the hills surrounding Anghiari in a very panoramic and private position with fantastic far-reaching views is this lovely restored property which is tastefully and stylishly furnished and comprises 2 houses, a workshop, a barn (presently used for storage and as an artists studio and a large shed used for vehicle storage. For sale complete with furniture.
Just over 8,000 sqm of land which includes a small vineyard and olive grove.
Just 10 minutes from the beautiful medieval village of Anghiari, where all services are available and easy access to the road network means towns and cities both in Tuscany and Umbria such as Sansepolcro, Arezzo, Città di Castello, Montepulciano, Cortona, Perugia can be quickly reached.
The buildings of this Tuscan home date back to the 15th century and have all been finely and lovingly restored by the current owners, who bought the property about 25 years ago and since then they have maintained and enhanced whenever necessary. Traditional features stone walls, wooden beams, the huge fireplace and the terracotta tiles have been retained but modern comforts have also been incorporated to make the properties ideal for 21st-century living including high-quality appliances and an air conditioning system for all the bedrooms.
The main house has a surface area of 200 sqm – 2,152 sqft with 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms over two floors which follow the typical Tuscan layout. The lower level was once used as stables for the animals but has nowadays been converted into a cosy living area, brightened by three large windows. On the rear of the building, through two archways, you enter the kitchen, equipped with modern appliances, to a small pantry/coffee room and a guest powder bathroom. At one end of the kitchen, a door opens onto a cosy loggia with BBQ.
A stone staircase leads to the upper floor, in a spacious rustic living hall with a fireplace. From here, a French window exits onto the garden. A door opens into a beautiful master bedroom, equipped with air conditioning and separate “his & her” bathrooms, each with closets and extra storage space. Back to the living hall, another staircase leads further up onto a large loft space that is currently used as a double office but could easily become another bedroom if needed.
The guesthouse has a surface area of 105 sqm – 1,130 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is located adjacent to the farmhouse and is also on two floors. The lower level includes a cosy sitting room, eat-in galley kitchen, master bedroom, bathroom and a convenient walk-in closet. The upper floor with direct access from the outside includes two bedrooms and a shared bathroom. All the bedrooms have air conditioning.
At the rear, the house is enriched by a paved pergola covered in wisteria that blooms in spring giving the house a very vibrant colour.
Below the terrace of the guesthouse is a workshop (30 sqm – 323 sqft) that could also double as laundry and/or storage room if space is needed.
An old barn (40 sqm – 430 sqft) is used on the ground floor as a tool room and wine cellar, while on the upper floor it has been converted into a small artist studio, but could also become a small independent accommodation unit if wanted.
In a secluded position is a wood and metal shed (62 sqm – 667 sqft) that is used as a shelter for vehicles, up to four cars can be easily parked here.
The property has five terraces, two covered by beautiful flowered pergolas and one (outside the main house) with a stone fireplace. All of these terraces enjoy stunning views of the Tuscan hills and have been designed to take advantage of the morning sun on cool days and shade for the evenings.
The property is set in approximately 8,000 sqm of land. There is a beautiful, mature and well-maintained garden with stone walls and paved walkways, a small vineyard (five rows of Sangiovese, Merlot and Trebbiano vines, producing up to 500 litres of wine per year) and 55 olive trees (capable of producing roughly 60 litres of oil in good years), fully fenced to keep out unwanted animals.
The property could also accommodate a swimming pool: a project for which was approved around 2007, but the owners decided not to proceed at the time.
Ideal Tuscan home for large or multi-generation family or as home and rental income.
- TYPE: Rural Tuscan home with annexes, vineyard and olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic far-reaching views
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 375 square metres (4,035 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 13
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, original terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, wooden beams, wisteria-covered pergola, workshop, vineyard, cellar, olive trees, paved walkways
- LAND: 8,000 square metres (2.0 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well maintained
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, rural outbuilding
- ACCESS: Unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private wells (30 m deep |60 m deep)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Anghiari (7km; 10’), Sansepolcro (15km; 20’), Città di Castello (28km; 35’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (28km; 45’), Arezzo (30km; 40’), Umbertide (52km; 50’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Perugia (81km; 1h 10’), Montepulciano (85km; 1h 20’), Pienza (93km; 1h 35’), Florence (106km; 1h 45’), Siena (106km; 1h 30’), Montalcino (107km; 1h 50’), San Gimignano (148km; 2h 10’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (80km; 1h 5’), Firenze Vespucci (123km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (183km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (191km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (264km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (277km; 3h)
See more Country houses for sale in Tuscany.