Restored Tuscan mill for sale near Caprese Michelangelo. Spacious 14th century stone mill house offering versatile and flexible accommodation with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. Nicely priced.
Restored Tuscan mill – Caprese Michelangelo
Remarkably eye-catching detached country residence residing within 950 sqm of gardens with large terraces and with a river at the bottom of the garden tucked away in a pleasantly private rural setting but just 5 mins drive from Caprese Michelangelo.
The owners have undertaken many renovations and modernising work throughout, tastefully done, much in keeping with the original Tuscan charm and character and to a highly pleasing standard, bringing together the best of contemporary living with the timeless style of traditional materials.
The two “wings” of the property, the miller’s house and the granary provide quite extensive housing with traditional features such as timber beamed ceilings, terracotta flooring, and stone finishes,
The property has a surface area of 250 sqm – 2,667 sqft over four floors that comprise.
The Millhouse wing
Under the house, there are two semi-basement walled rooms, one a cellar/storage room, the other a fully equipped summer kitchen with its original flagstone floor.
On the ground floor is the entrance hall, a dining hall with an original stone fireplace, a bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with a large dining space, a small lounge (usable as a library or a study room) and a second garden-side entrance door, with a porch and stone steps.
On the first floor are a corridor, 3 large bedrooms a large bathroom and a set of stairs leading up to the loft.
The loft, directly under the roof, houses the gas boiler serving the mill house.
The Granary wing
On the ground floor, is a large, light and spacious living room with a stone fireplace, high chestnut beamed ceilings and double French window leading to the garden and terraces, a small storage closet housing the central heating boiler and wide chestnut stairs leading to the first floor.
On the first floor, there is a landing, 2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and stairs leading up to the gallery rooms.
Above the two bedrooms, there are 2 mezzanine gallery rooms suitable for children’s bedrooms, dressing rooms or study space and a storage room (alternatively a laundry room).
Standing in gardens and land totalling 950 sqm, the building is surrounded by large local stone terraces and stairs. There is ample room to build a swimming pool if desired. The garden descends towards the river and wooded hills.
- TYPE Old Tuscan mill house and granary converted to make a lovely spacious home
- CONDITION Fully renovated, reworked and restored
- LOCATION Tuscan Countryside, surrounded by hills
- MUNICIPALITY Caprese Michelangelo
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 250 sqm (2,667 sqft)
- ROOMS 19
- BEDROOMS 5
- BATHROOMS 5
- FEATURES Wooden beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, stone jambs, stone fireplaces, cellar, summer kitchen with flagstone floor, garden and terraces, parking area, chestnut shutters and double glazing throughout
- LAND 950 sqm
- GARDEN Yes, with large terraces and a river at the bottom of the garden
- ANNEXE No
- ACCESS Unpaved road (150 m)
- POOL No (but there is enough space for a large pool)
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG tank
- HEATING Gas heating (2 independent systems), fireplaces
- TELEPHONE No
- NEAREST TOWNS Caprese Michelangelo (2km; 5’); Anghiari (17km; 25’); La Verna (21km; 30’); Sansepolcro (24km; 30’); Arezzo (38km; 50’); Montepulciano (89km; 1h 40’); Florence (112km; 1h 50’); Siena (116km; 1h 50’); Montalcino (117km; 2h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (130km; 1h 50’); Perugia Sant’Egidio (89km; 1h 5’); Bologna Marconi (171km; 1h 50’); Pisa Galilei (191km; 2h 25’); Roma Ciampino (270km; 2h 55’); Roma Fiumicino (285km; 3h)
See more Country houses for sale in Italy