Restored stone Tuscan farmhouse with pool, gardens, vineyard, olive grove and land near to Greve in Chianti set on a hilly and very panoramic position. Total of 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Currently used as a successful holiday let but would make a fantastic year-round home.
5 bedroom Farmhouse property with Pool
Located in the Chianti Hills, not too far from Greve, is this large renovated farmhouse with a pool, gardens, vineyard, olive grove and land
With its five bedrooms and close proximity to some of Tuscany’s most renowned cultural centres, this building’s 410 square metres are generating very good holiday rental income at the present time.
The 2.6-hectare vineyard has Chianti Classico DOCG status but will require replanting as the vines are old and not producing as well as they should.
The ruin could be renovated into a cellar for winemaking or further guest accommodation.
Services are all accessible in the local town (3km; 5’) and the property may be reached through a short section of unpaved (1 km).
In less than an hour and a half, visitors may travel quickly and easily to some of Tuscany’s most famous cultural towns and cities including Castellina, Florence, Monteriggioni, Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca, Pisa, and more.
The farmhouse has been restored to its former glory and features five bedrooms and four bathrooms across 410 square metres (4,412 square feet).
The structure is organised around a loggia-enhanced, paved courtyard, and there are many access points to the building from different parts of the garden.
The magnificent living room on the ground floor is accessed by a side door and offers views of the sloping wall at the ancient house’s foundation.
Once inside, the foyer leads to a sitting room with a fireplace and a library that leads out to the courtyard.
On the other side of the kitchen and the hallway leading to the top level is the spacious dining room (with its own entrance to the garden).
Al fresco dinners may be enjoyed on the loggia, which is accessible from the kitchen.
Near the kitchen is the laundry room, and a set of stairs leads down into the historic cellar with its beautiful vaulted ceiling.
A stone staircase from the courtyard and an inside staircase between the kitchen and dining room provide access to the top level.
There are five bedrooms in total, including a master suite with its own bathroom and walk-in closet.
One bathroom serves two bedrooms, while the second bathroom is located in the hallway.
A wine cellar or guesthouse might be constructed from the remnants of an ancient barn located near the farmhouse.
The farmhouse is the focal point of the farm that spans 17.9 hectares.
The 2,500 square metre garden around the building is full of mature trees and flowers, turning the property into a vibrant oasis in the spring and summer.
A circular pool (average size 15×5 m) with a stunning stone-paved sunbathing area overlooking the vineyards and the neighbouring Chianti hills can be found just a few steps from the villa.
The entire 2.6-hectare vineyard has a Chianti Classico DOCG designation, but its ageing vines are preventing it from reaching its full potential.
Olive oil from this grove’s 330 trees (spread over 1.3 acres) rivals the best in Tuscany.
Additional space for vineyards is available on the remaining 13.4 hectares of mixed woods and 0.4 hectares of arable land.
Since it is in a private, secluded, yet convenient, position near some of Tuscany’s most famous cultural centres, the farmhouse has been successful as a holiday rental.
The home might be returned to its original usage as a private dwelling at any time if that is the owner’s preference.
The potential for redevelopment of the barn is high. It might be converted into a guesthouse or a wine cellar to facilitate making your own wine from the grapes grown on the farm.
- TYPE: Restored stone Tuscan farmhouse with pool, gardens, vineyard, olive grove and land
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Greve in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 410 square metres (4,412 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 13
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 4
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, original fireplaces, wooden fixtures, paved courtyard with portico, cellar with vaulted ceiling, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard, olive grove, lake for irrigation, ruins to be restored
- LAND: 17.9 hectares (44.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Ruin to be restored
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: 15 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Natural spring + lake for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (3km; 5’), Castellina in Chianti (19km; 25’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (22km; 30’), Florence (30km; 50’), Monteriggioni (35km; 45’), Siena (46km; 55’), San Gimignano (46km; 55’), Arezzo (65km; 1h 10’), Volterra (67km; 1h 15’), Pisa (98km; 1h 35’), Montepulciano (98km; 1h 30’), Pienza (105km; 1h 45’), Lucca (108km; 1h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (48km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (95km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (130km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (276km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (290km; 3h 10’)
See more Italian farmhouses for sale