Restored mill in Tuscany. If you are looking to retire in Italy and are looking to buy for both home and income this restored former mill property near the Tuscan coast could be the ideal property investment opportunity.
Restored mill in Tuscany. Home and Income
A few kilometres from the Tuscan coast this historic stone building, which dates back to the 16th century, consists of eight apartments of varying sizes that can accommodate from two to eight guests, for a total of 13 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms.
The property was once owned by a noble Tuscan family and the historic mill retains the traditional terracotta floors, wooden floors, ceilings with wooden beams, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, brick arches and stone fireplaces. The apartments, personalized and of different sizes, have been carefully restored to retain the old but artfully combined with modern comforts.
The property has a surface area of 650 sqm – 6,994 sqft with 13 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms spread over three floors with apartments of different sizes that can accommodate from two to eight guests.
– Apartment N°1 (72 sqm – 775 sqft, ground floor): large dining kitchen, two bedrooms and one bathroom with shower. It can accommodate up to five people and has a barbecue on the outside.
– Apartment N°2 (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft, ground floor): large dining kitchen, two double bedrooms, living room, bedroom with four beds, and two bathrooms; outside there is a patio with gazebo and barbecue. The apartment can host up to eight people.
– Apartment N°3 (69 sqm – 742 sqft, first floor): large dining kitchen, double bedroom, triple bedroom and bathroom. This apartment offers a beautiful view of the centre of Castagneto Carducci and includes a patio with a barbecue. It can accommodate four or five people.
– Apartment N°4 (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft, first floor): large sitting room with kitchen and double sofa bed (75 sqm), large bathroom with tub and shower, double bedroom with access to the small bridge leading to the private garden of the apartment.
– Apartment N°5 (45 sqm – 484 sqft, ground floor): living room with kitchenette and bed, double bedroom with fireplace, and bathroom with shower. In front of a glass door, there is a terrace with a barbecue.
– Apartment N°6 (40 sqm – 430 sqft, ground floor): two double bedrooms, a kitchenette and a bathroom with shower. Going through a large arched French door, one can reach a terrace with barbecue. This apartment can accommodate four people.
– Apartment N°7 (20 sqm – 215 sqft, ground floor): small bedroom with vaulted ceilings and a bathroom with shower. Under the outdoor pergola, there is a small barbecue area.
– Apartment N°8 (20 sqm – 215 sqft, ground floor): double bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. Walking out the door, one can reach a small terrace shaded by bamboos, oleanders and laurel.
The historic mill also includes a large living room (100 sqm) with excellent acoustics and therefore particularly suitable for small concerts, parties, wine tastings and courses, and cellars.
With approximately 3.0 ha of land (7.4 acres), consisting mainly of a beautiful park and gardens with flowers and mature trees, cypresses, olive and palm trees. The property is crossed by a stream and it also has a private parking area and patios or terraces with a barbecue area, ideal for al fresco dining. The project for the construction of a swimming pool is being evaluated and the final approval is awaited.
- TYPE: Historic mill, currently both a home and holiday accommodation business
- CONDITION: restored
- LOCATION: a few kilometres from the sea
- MUNICIPALITY: Castagneto Carducci
- PROVINCE: Livorno
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 650 square meters (6,994 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 13
- BATHROOMS: 9
- MAIN FEATURES: stone building, terracotta floors, wooden floors, cross vaults, ceiling with wooden beams, ceiling with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, brick arches, stone fireplaces, barbecue, terrace, balconies, pergola, private parking area, outdoor lighting system
- LAND: 3.0 hectares (7.4 acres)
- GARDEN: yes, a park with flowers and mature trees
- ANNEXES: no
- ACCESS: unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: project being approved
- ELECTRICITY: already connected (energy class F)
- WATER SUPPLY: mains water
- TELEPHONE: already connected + Wi-Fi
- ADSL: yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: central heating + fireplaces
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Castagneto Carducci (4km; 10’) Bolgheri (13km; 20’), Marina di Bibbona (16km; 20’), Cecina (29km; 30’), Piombino (37km; 40’), Follonica (40km; 40’), Volterra (61km; 1h 5’), Castiglion della Pescaia (62km; 1h), San Gimignano (83km; 1h 45’), Pisa (84km; 1h7’), Grosseto (85km; 1h 5’), Lucca (105km; 1h 15’), Firenze (137km; 1h 55’), Siena (148km; 1h 50’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Pisa Galilei (80km; 55’), Grosseto Baccarini (85km; 1h 5’), Firenze Vespucci (133km; 1h 35’), Bologna Marconi (223km; 2h 30’); Genova Colombo (245km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (256km; 2h 50’); Perugia San Francesco (259km; 2h 55’), Roma Ciampino (276km; 3h 5’)
See more Home and Income properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Anghiari House Unique historic Anghiari house which is part of the medieval walls of this beautiful village. Restored with 3 bedrooms the property is an ideal home and/or could be used to…
- Hotel Real Estate Italy Looking to buy Hotel real estate in Italy? This upmarket boutique hotel in Piedmont could be ideal. Fully restored, the property has 17 guest bedrooms, restaurant, swimming pool, an Orangerie…
- Luxury Property Fiesole Florence Tuscany A few minutes from Florence city centre in the direction of Fiesole is this large (634 square metres - 6,822 square feet) luxury Tuscan property inside a 16th-century villa. Comprising…