Restored mill transformed into a wonderful home in Tuscany, near to Rufina. Divided into a 3 bed and a one bed apartment. Pool, gardens. Ideal home and income or extended family.
Restored mill in Rufina Tuscany.
On the hills of Florence, not far from Rufina, you’ll find this beautiful mill that’s been lovingly restored.
The property encompasses a total area of 325 square metres and is currently subdivided into two separate units, making it possible to have a total of 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. These rooms are designed in the traditional Tuscan and rustic style.
The structure is encompassed on all sides by approximately 3.5 hectares of land, which includes a well-kept garden, whirlpool tub, swimming pool measuring 12 by 6 metres, and a small portion of coppice woodland.
In the nearby town, which is only 600 metres or two minutes away, you can find all of the necessary amenities, and you are within quick and easy driving distance of towns and cities such as Florence, Montevarchi, Greve in Chianti, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Siena, and Montepulciano.
The total floor space of the mill is 290 square metres or 3,120 square feet. There are three levels.
When you enter the building on the ground floor, you will find a self-contained apartment with a living room, kitchen, guest bathroom, and double bedroom with a private loggia.
The technical room for the systems can be found off to the side.
There is a staircase that leads to the main apartment that can be accessed from the central door of the facade. Additionally, there is an external staircase with a loggia that leads to the master apartment.
A sizable living room complete with a fireplace can be found in this area, and it is connected to the kitchen, dining area, and bathroom on one side.
A door can be found in the dining room that leads into a double bedroom that has its own gallery and private bathroom.
Climbing another staircase there is a TV room, the master bedroom, which features a walk-in closet, an attached bathroom, and a terrace, as well as a third bedroom with its own bathroom.
The structure has been completely renovated, but it retains the rustic allure and style of a Tuscan mill thanks to its thick stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta tiles on the ceiling, and terracotta floors.
The interior walls of the house have been painted in vibrant and bright colours, which allows the light to spread throughout the house more easily.
There is a small warehouse in front of the house that is about 20 square metres (or 215 square feet) in size where one can store gardening tools and equipment.
Second storage shed measuring 15 square metres or 161 square feet is located halfway between the main house and the pool area.
The mill is encircled by 3.5 hectares of land, with coppice woodland (1.2 ha) and the remaining area, which is 2.3 hectares, is comprised of agricultural land and pasture, which have been landscaped into a beautiful garden that surrounds the country house.
Directly adjacent to the structure is a stone whirlpool tub that has a capacity of 12,000 litres and is equipped with a filtration system. It has walls and steps that lead to a small private garden, and there, would be an ideal location to install a canopy for shaded relaxation and to enjoy surroundings and the open air.
Just in front of the house is a gravelled apron that provides easy parking for a few cars .
The swimming pool is approximately 60 metres away from the mill and is 12 metres by 6 metres in size. It features a stone and grass sunbathing area as well as a shaded canopy that is ideal for relaxation and outdoor dining.
In addition, an automatic cover system has been installed for use during the winter months.
The surrounding vegetation, which includes trees and bushes, gives the area a sense of seclusion and shields it from prying eyes.
The unpaved road that is approximately 650 metres in length and leads to the country house is in good condition and can be driven on by any car.
- TYPE: Restored mill divided into two apartments, pool and gardens
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (650 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Rufina
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 325 square metres (4,572 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 11
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 5
- ANNEXES: Storages
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta and parquet flooring, loggia, gravelled parking area, swimming pool with stone-paved sunbathing area, decorative stone basin, garden
- EXTERIORS: 3.5 hectares (8.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (500m; 2’), Pontassieve (7km; 10’), Florence (27km; 45’), Figline Valdarno (29km; 40’), Montevarchi (43km; 45’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (44km; 50’), Greve in Chianti (44km; 55’), Arezzo (72km; 1h 5’), San Gimignano (76km; 1h 20’), Siena (94km; 1h 20’), Montepulciano (104km; 1h 30’), Pienza (112km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (50km; 45’), Pisa Galilei (111km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (115km; 1h 40’), Perugia San Francesco (155km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (283km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (298km; 3h 10’)
See more Mills for sale in Italy