Interesting fully restored Italian property, a former rectory near to Bibbiena in Tuscany comprising two homes, one 4 bed the other 2 bed, garden, olive trees and a pool.
Restored Former Rectory in Tuscany
Near to Bibbiena and Chiusi della Verna and on the edge of a small hamlet is this restored former priest’s house and separate guest accommodation plus a garden and pool.
The property comprises two buildings that were recently restored and have a total of 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. The garden is landscaped on terraces along the slope and houses an above ground 7 × 3 m infinity swimming pool.
The priest’s house has a surface area of 250 sqm – 2,690 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms over three floors comprising:
– Basement: cellar and storage rooms;
– Ground floor: living room, kitchen, studio, closet and bathroom;
– First floor: Four bedrooms and bathroom.
Across a paved courtyard is the guesthouse which has a surface area of 30 sqm – 1,399 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms over three floors :
– Basement: technical and storage room;
– Ground floor: living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– First floor: bedroom and bathroom.
Both of the buildings have been recently restored, retaining original materials wherever possible so that the original style and look of the buildings is unchanged. The external stone walls have been cleaned and valorized, and internally the wooden beams and terracotta tiles have been preserved as have the imposing original fireplaces.
The ground floor of the guesthouse which was, once a stable, still features two large openings for the animals, but the openings have had glass windows installed so that light can still enter without letting heat escape the building.
A perimetral and volumetric alarm system has been installed offering excellent security and a cable radio system covering all the rooms of the house.
A short distance from the two country houses is a storage room (21 sqm – 226 sqft) and a warehouse (21 sqm – 226 sqft).
The property stands in approximately 3,035 sqm of land which is located along the slope and terraces to give the best use of the land available. On the northwestern side of the property is the 7 × 3 m above ground swimming pool which is surrounded by a wooden sunbathing area.
A small olive grove with about 90 trees produces a small quantity of extra-virgin olive oil for personal and family use.
The property has two separate accesses, a pedestrian one leading directly to the courtyard between the two buildings, and a vehicle-accessible one leading to a convenient canopy used as a carport.
- TYPE: Restored Italian property, former rectory
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: In a small hamlet, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Bibbiena
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 422 square metres (4,541 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 6
- BATHROOMS: 4
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta and stone floors, iron railing, original fireplaces, perimetral and volumetric alarm system, cable radio, paved courtyard, terraced garden, double entry (on foot, by car), swimming pool with wooden sunbathing area, olive grove
- LAND: 3,035 square metres (0.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, storage room, warehouse
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 7 × 3 m (above ground)
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Biomass boiler + LPG (energy class D)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Bibbiena (8km; 10’), Chiusi della Verna (15km; 20’), (15km; 20’), Caprese Michelangelo (28km; 45’), Arezzo (36km; 45’), Anghiari (49km; 1h), Montevarchi (52km; 1h 15’), Castiglion Fiorentino (53km; 1h), Città di Castello (62km; 1h 10’), Cortona (68km; 1h 30’), Florence (73km; 1h 45’), Siena (106km; 1h 50’), Perugia (113km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (112km; 1h 40’), Firenze Vespucci (128km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (189km; 2h 25’), Bologna Marconi (194km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (265km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (280km; 3h)
See more Tuscan properties for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Umbria Real Estate Umbria real estate comprising a fully restored stone country house villa (4 bedrooms) with gardens and a separate guest (1 bedroom) annexe. If you are looking for an inexpensive traditional…
- Farmhouse in Umbria In Umbria, 4-Bed farmhouse with guest accommodation (2 separate 1-bed annexes) large garden with swimming pool. Private and quiet location with panoramic 360-degree views near Lake Trasimeno. Fully restored. Restored…
- Ruin for sale This Tuscan ruin for sale comprises a former farmhouse and barn needing a complete rebuild. Permissions are in place for conversion to residential units. Near to Chiusi della Verna and…