Live the “Good Life” with this eco-friendly restored Italian property. Ever wanted to go “off the grid”? This restored farmhouse is self-sufficient for electricity and water, has outbuildings and 7.2 ha of land. 3 Beds (possible to increase to 5) and 1 bathroom (possible to increase to 3).
Eco Friendly Tuscan Home
With far reaching panoramic views on the hills between Anghiari and Arezzo this restored countryside property is ideal to relax, get away from it and live off the grid.
Originally dating back to 1731, the date is carved in one of the stone frames, the farmhouse was originally used by the field hands and later became a private home.
The building was abandoned in the middle of the 20th century and stayed that way for around 50 years when bought and transformed over a 10 year period of renovation and restoration into the fantastic home that it is today.
While restoring the building, the owners decided to utilise modern technology and make the farmhouse an off-grid property, making the house fully independent. Electricity is provided by a photovoltaic system (able to produce up to 4 kW of power), while water supplies are from a private natural spring. Sewage is managed via Imhoff tanks.
The main farmhouse, a good size at 227 sqm – 2,442 sqft, is set over two floors :
– Ground floor: cellar, closet, storage room and wood-burning oven;
– First floor: entrance hall, living room with dining area, kitchen, three bedrooms and bathroom.
The dependence (49 sqm – 527 sqft) was once a tobacco drying barn has two floors with a total of four rooms and which could be used for several purposes.
A shed (19 sqm – 204 sqft) is located not far from the farmhouse and can be used as a garage.
This restored Italian property has 7.2 hectares of land of which approximately 6,000 sqm is fenced and landscaped and used as a garden for the farmhouse, there are typical stone walls and it is accessible via a metal gate.
Just outside the farmhouse is located a beautiful paved pergola covered in wisteria flowers, the ideal place to “chillout”.
Not far from the farmhouse, at the bottom of the slope, is located the small pool.
- TYPE Restored 18th-century off-grid farmhouse with 7.2 ha of land
- CONDITION Renovated
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Anghiari
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 295 sqm (3,173 sqft)
- ROOMS 10
- BEDROOMS 3 (up to 5)
- BATHROOMS 1 (up to 3)
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, parquet floors, stone fireplace, garage, photovoltaic system, natural spring
- LAND 7.2 ha (17.8 ac)
- GARDEN 6,000 sqm (1.5 ac)
- ANNEXE Dependance, garage
- ACCESS Unpaved road (3 km)
- POOL Natural pool
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (photovoltaic system, 4 kW)
- WATER Private spring in the property (pressure 29.4 psi)
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Underfloor + wood-burning stove
- TELEPHONE Mobile phone internet Wind / Tre (4G)
- NEAREST TOWNS Anghiari (10km; 30’), Sansepolcro (18km; 40’), Arezzo (23km; 45’), Caprese Michelangelo (27km; 50’), Città di Castello (33km; 50’), Cortona (43km; 1h 20’), Montepulciano (75km; 1h 30’), Siena (85km; 1h 45’), Florence (95km; 1h 40’), Montalcino (102km; 2h), San Gimignano (141km; 2h 10’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (84km; 1h 20’), Firenze Peretola (115km; 1h 45’), Ancona Falconara (169km; 2h 40’), Pisa Galilei (176km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (197km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (252km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (267km; 3h)
See more Tuscan properties for sale