Restored 6-bed traditional Tuscan farmhouse, swimming pool, olive grove (180 trees) and a small 12-row vineyard located near Chiusi in the Siena province of Tuscany. Nice private property but not too far from town. An ideal large home or possibly to utilise part of the property for holiday accommodation. The price includes all the furniture and the agricultural equipment of the property.
Restored 6 bed traditional Tuscan farmhouse
The farmhouse is located on a hill and offers a unique 360°view over the surrounding Sienese countryside. Close to the A1 highway and a small town in the vicinity (3km; 10’) offers all the necessary services.
The entrance to the farmhouse (450 sqm – 4,842 sqft) was obtained by reworking the old barn. From here, through an orangery, you get to the residence itself, laid out on two floors:
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace (once the stables), living room and kitchen. The old orangery has been fully renovated, converted and split into three rooms: TV room and guest apartment with living room and bedroom with en-suite bathroom (here can sleep up to 7 people since in the living room there are two sofa-beds).
– First floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, three more bedrooms and large bathroom.
An underground level (150 sqm – 1,614 sqft) includes a garage and a technical room for the house’s systems.
The farmhouse, dating back to the beginning of the 19th century, has been attentively and finely restored in 2000 to recover and enhance those characteristics that make Tuscan farmhouses unique.
On the outside, the farmhouse is made out of stone and masonry, with several French windows leading to the garden and, in turn, the nearby swimming pool. An outdoor staircase leads directly to the upper floor.
Internally it boasts handmade terracotta floors, brick-built arches connecting the rooms, painted wooden doors and original wooden beams. Bathrooms have modern fixtures standing out against exposed stone walls. Ceramic tiles visible throughout the house have been realized by Sicilian artists taking original 18th-century motifs as a reference.
The property comes with 3 hectares of land. Right around the farmhouse, encircled by walls, hedges and fences, there is a beautiful garden designed so as to enhance the view over the unrivaled Sienese countryside. The 12 x 6 m swimming pool is located on the eastern side of the garden, on a slightly lowered terrace, and is surrounded by a nice lavender hedge.
The access is from an unpaved road which is embellished in its last section by two rows of cypresses, as one often sees in Tuscan farmhouses.
Of the 3 hectares of land, a section (approximately 8,000 sqm) is covered by an olive grove (more or less 180 trees) while on the northern portion there are 12 rows of vines (approximately 2,000 sqm). It is, however, possible to extend the vineyard, since almost half of the land is not currently used.
The price includes all the furniture and the agricultural equipment of the property.
TYPE 19th century farmhouse with 360° view over the Sienese countryside
CONDITION Fully restored in 2000
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
MUNICIPALITY Chiusi (Valdichiana, Val d’Orcia)
SIZE 600 sqm (6,456 sqft)
FEATURES Stone walls, orangery, garage, swimming pool, solarium, park, wooden beams, terracotta floors, olive grove, vineyard, brick-built arches, stone fireplace
LAND 3 ha (0.8 ha olive grove + 0.2 ha vineyard + 2 ha arable land)
GARDEN Yes, park
ACCESS Unpaved road (1,500 m)
POOL 12 x 6 m
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water + private wells
HEATING Pellet boiler + possibility to install air conditioning
TELEPHONE Already connected
Town with services (3km; 10’), Chiusi (8km; 15’), Montepulciano (18km; 30’), Pienza (28km; 40’), Montalcino (45km; 55’), Siena (81km; 1h 10’), Firenze (125km; 1h 50’)
Firenze Peretola (141km; 1h 35’), Roma Ciampino (175km; 2h), Roma Fiumicino (190km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (201km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (222km; 2h 20’)
See more Tuscany farmhouses for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan farmhouse home Beautifully restored 4 bedroom Tuscan farmhouse home plus 2 bed guest accommodation, olive grove, small vineyard, gardens and a swimming pool. Quiet countryside location with magnificent views, Roccatederighi. Restored Tuscan…
- Holiday Accommodation Property Italy Looking for a holiday accommodation business in Italy? Take a look at this restored Tuscan property which has 9 apartments, land, garden and swimming pool and building plot for further…
- Farmhouse property for sale in Tuscany Restored property for sale in Tuscany on the Chianti Hills between the towns of Siena and Gaiole. Large farmhouse with guesthouse (9 bedrooms overall), land garden, swimming pool and olive…