Puglia Italy real estate comprising a Masseria with Trulli complex near the coast currently used as both home and holiday accommodation. Great lifestyle property with a total of 7 bedrooms, gardens, olive trees and a swimming pool.
Puglia Masseria with Trulli Holiday Complex
This complex comprising masseria with trulli is located between Ceglie Messapica and Martina Franca in the Puglia region.
The structures (about 260 square metres in total) function as a residence and vacation accommodation with seven bedrooms, six of which are allocated for visitors and one for the owners.
The external areas feature a stone-paved courtyard suitable for events and parties and a garden with a 12×8 m swimming pool.
All services are available in the nearby town of Ceglie Messapica (3 km; 5 minutes), and many of Puglia’s notable towns and cities such as Ostuni, San Vito dei Normanni, Locorotondo, Alberobello, Monopoli, Brindisi, Bari, Gallipoli… can be reached by car quickly and easily.
The Apulia coastline is about 15 kilometres distant from the property.
The Masseria consists of the main home and four bedrooms with individual bathrooms for guests.
The main entry leads to a foyer that also serves as an office with its own bathroom.
From here, one can access the expansive living area with a vaulted ceiling.
This exquisite room is connected on one side to the kitchen with a dining space and a sitting room, which in turn connects to the guests’ breakfast room.
Along the longest side wall, the living room connects to a library (which could be easily turned into another bedroom) and, via a hallway, to the master bedroom, which features a private bathroom and a spacious walk-in closet.
The larger trullo has a bedroom with a little living space in an alcove and a bathroom, while the smaller trullo is a modest bedroom with its own bathroom.
A dependence at the end of the structure contains two more bedrooms, each with its own private bathroom.
At the rear of the Masseria are a small storage room and a set of stairs leading below, directly beneath the structure, to a natural grotto that is presently utilised as a steam room or Turkish bath.
Just outside the main complex are two isolated stone-constructed structures.
The first is the oldest trullo on the property, dating back to the 1780s, while the second was converted from the ancient water cistern. Both of these now hold a bedroom and bathroom for visitors.
The present owners have meticulously renovated the property, keeping its rustic beauty while adding high-quality finishes that make the home inviting.
Particularly, the interiors of the Trulli have been plastered and painted white to facilitate the diffusion of light from the tiny windows and glass doors.
The Masseria retains its original vaulted ceilings, which have been kept unplastered, while the Trulli have been repaired, leaving a few of the original stones exposed to demonstrate the process employed to construct these traditional Apulian dwellings.
The Masseria is situated in the middle of a 1.7-hectare small farm, which is mainly comprised of gardens and green spaces.
The structure revolves around a large, paved courtyard, which is great for events, parties and enjoyable outdoor times and relaxation.
The property’s landscape is populated with trees and shrubs native to the Mediterranean region, succulent plants, and olive trees.
The 12×8 m saltwater swimming pool is situated in a secluded and peaceful area to the northeast of the buildings.
The basin has an uneven shape that closely mimics a natural pond and owing to the lighting system installed, its white bottom produces a really lovely environment even at night.
Around the pool area, a massage space for visitors has also been developed.
Just to the left of the property’s entrance is a gravelled area where visitors may park their vehicles safely throughout their stay.
A lovely lifestyle property providing both home and income.
- TYPE: Masseria with Trulli home and holiday complex
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Open and sunny, 15 km from the sea
- MUNICIPALITY: Ceglie Messapica
- PROVINCE: Brindisi
- REGION: Puglia
- INTERIORS: 260 square metres (2,798 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 14
- BEDROOMS: 7
- BATHROOMS: 8
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, Trulli, terracotta and stone floors, vaulted ceilings, paved courtyard, saltwater swimming pool, gravelled parking area, olive trees
- LAND: 1.7 hectares (4.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Guesthouses
- ACCESS: Excellent, with private parking
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Artesian well (420 m)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Ceglie Messapica (3km; 5’), Ostuni (14km; 20’), Martina Franca (15km; 15’), San Vito dei Normanni (21km; 25’), Locorotondo (22km; 25’), Alberobello (30km; 35’), Monopoli (45km; 45’), Taranto (51km; 45’), Brindisi (55km; 45’), Gioia del Colle (61km; 1h 5’), Bari (86km; 1h 20’), Matera (90km; 1h 30’), Altamura (97km; 1h 35’), Gallipoli (125km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Aeroporto del Salento (51km; 40’), Bari Wojtyla (105km; 1h 30’), Crotone Pitagora (305km; 4h 10’), Lamezia Terme Sant’Eufemia (321km; 3h 45’), Napoli Capodichino (345km; 3h 50’)
See more Multi-Unit properties