108-hectare estate with luxury accommodation, vineyards and prosecco wine business. Exciting business for sale with further development options for the various buildings. An ideal property for wine tourism promotion, weddings events etc…
Friuli-Venezia Giulia Wine Estate and Accommodation Business
In the countryside of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, on the banks of the Tagliamento river, 108-hectare wine estate with Agriturismo and Prosecco vineyards. The hamlet has a beautiful manorial style villa, a Gastaldia and a Barchessa for a total of 30+ bedrooms for guest accommodation plus other buildings which could be utilised for various uses. The agricultural portion offers 19.4 ha of vineyards and 29.9 ha of land (currently-rented-out) used for rooted and grafted vines plus 53.4 ha arable land + 1.8 ha woodland.
The location of the property is extremely convenient, not far from a small town providing all the necessary services (3km; 5’) and convenient for easily reaching several cities and landmarks in Northern Italy
THE MAIN HAMLET
The manor villa A1 (527 sqm – 5,671 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) is an elegant historic dwelling, finely restored to preserve its 17th-century look. The first known image of the villa is on a map (1766) whilst a painting from 1803 shows the villa already in its current shape.
The building boasts a white façade with rectangular windows on the first floor and a double staircase leading to the arched main doorway. In the first year of the 20th century, the villa underwent a restoration which led to the replacement of al the doors and windows, plus a noticeable lowering of the ceiling of the main hall (roughly 40 cm – 1.3 feet). These works started in 2003 and allowed discovering an older portion of the building, probably a 15th-century tower. Paintings have been carefully restored and all the systems have been updated and replaced where needed.
– Ground floor: ample event halls with bathrooms and a professional kitchen. The rooms can easily be used for various events (meetings, summits, congresses and weddings) thanks to the ample size and the many configurations possible for the equipment. The eastern wing houses the bathrooms for the guests and several rooms for the staff (bathroom and dressing room). Paintings on the wall are works by Ciro Cristofoletti (the 1960s).
– First floor: ample central room with 18th-century decorations leading into a warm sitting room and a library. The western wing houses more catering rooms with a kitchen and bathroom. In the eastern wing, we have three double bedrooms and two bathrooms.
– Second floor: ample loft.
The rooms of the villa are decorated with late-Baroque-style frescoes and paintings: we have floral motives and fake curtains, plaster moulds and Trompe-l’œil architectures. The many doors are all contoured by painted friezes.
The chapel A2 (85 sqm – 915 sqft), dedicated to the saints Pietro and Paolo and dating back to the 15th century, is still consecrated and can provide up to 40 seats. The building has a single nave and still boasts many of its original features, mainly in the apsis (with ribbed vault) and on the southern wall where one can see a beautiful fresco of 1511 and a beautiful 15th-century wooden crucifix. The restoration of the 1930s opened a round window on the façade and expanded the main door. On the eastern wall is a blind archway with a lion statue carved out of Istrian stone (dated to 1506 thanks to the writing found on the base) and dug up during works near a no-longer-existing bridge.
The Gastaldia B1 (331 sqm – 3,562 sqft, 13 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms) is a long three-story building closing the garden to the east and is the result of the unification of several buildings in the first year of the 19th century.
The restoration of 2006 and 2007 transformed the building into a guesthouse. The building maintained its very regular Neoclassical look with the exception of a rectangular door opened in the 1960s. Inside, the building still boasts the wooden beams on the lower floors and the wooden trusses on the upper ones. Particularly interesting is a marble band on the second floor where one can still see the inventory of grain sacks delivered to the building on specific dates.
– Ground floor: entrance hall, ample storage room, technical room and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: breakfast room with bathroom and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Second floor: seven bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The wardens’ apartment lies at the southern side of the building, laid between the ground and first floor and made up of an entrance hall, living room, kitchen, laundry room, closet, two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The Barchessa B2 (331 sqm – 3,562 sqft, 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms) is located right in front of the manor villa, on the opposite side of the Italian garden. The southward exposure is typical of Venetian barchessa, as stated by Andrea Palladio in his work Quattro Libri dell’Architettura (1570) so that hay could stay dry. The building is built, following the tradition, around a central portico which can easily host tables and chairs for events. The western side of the building is made up of a storage room with a bathroom, while the eastern side hosts a three-story dovecote:
– Ground floor: kitchen with portico and technical room;
– First floor: living room and bathroom;
– Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
The building was fully restored between 2005 and 2006 and fitted with a beautiful swimming pool.
The building D (94 sqm – 1,011 sqft) houses the pool systems, located not far from the park of the villa.
The building E was an 18th-century house that was expanded in the 1960s with a portico. The building has been demolished and its volume (roughly 3,000 cu.m) could be used to build other structures.
The building F (406 sqm – 4,369 sqft) is an ample residence located just behind the chapel and the Gastaldia. The building H (292 sqm – 3,142 sqft) was originally used as a stable and barn and is nowadays in bad conditions. The building was once connected to building F by a stone archway.
The building I (138 sqm – 1485 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is a residential building located east, next to the barn H:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, dining room, closet, living room, kitchen, bathroom and cellar;
– First floor: hallway leading to four bedrooms;
– Second floor: ample loft.
Three huge stables M N O (3,500 sqm – 37,660 sqft in total) are located in the eastern side of the hamlet. At the moment, the buildings are not used but they could easily be exploited to breed horses once again since there is more than enough plain land for the animals. Alternatively, one could recover further volume by demolishing the stables and build other buildings in the estate.
The building P (496 sqm – 5,337 sqft) is currently used as a shelter for agricultural vehicles used to work the land of the property.
The complex is finally completed by four building used as warehouses/storage rooms C L Q R (593 sqm – 6,381 sqft) and a barn G (141 sqm – 1,517 sqft) partially restored in 2009.
THE RURAL PODERE
Separated from the main complex is a second hamlet made up of four buildings.
The building T (103 sqm – 1,108 sqft) is an 8-room warehouse, currently in mediocre conditions and needing interventions.
The building U (710 sqm – 7,640 sqft, 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is the amplest structure of the complex and is made up of an ample storage room in the western side of the building (289 sqm – 3,110 sqft, ground and first floor) and two ample apartments. The building is currently unused and needs restoration works to become habitable once again.
– Apartment N°1 (129 sqm – 1,388 sqft, ground and first floor): cellar, living room, studio, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (153 sqm – 1,646 sqft, ground and first floor): living room, kitchen, three bedrooms and bathroom.
The second floor of the building is entirely used as an ample storage room (139 sqm – 1,496 sqft).
The building V (176 sqm – 1,894 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is a two-story farmhouse, currently in bad conditions and organized as such:
– Ground floor: entrance room, living room, kitchen, bathroom and closet;
– First floor: closet, hallway, three bedrooms and bathroom.
The building Z (461 sqm – 4,960 sqft, 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is an ample residential structure organized on three floors:
– Ground floor: entrance room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, closets and cellars;
– First floor: five bedrooms and bathroom;
– Second floors: ample loft, previously used as a barn.
THE OLD MILL
In a hidden position from the two other hamlets, we can find an old watermill (115 sqm – 1,237 sqft). The building, probably dating back to the early 16th century, was expanded in the 18th century with a house (recognizable by the single-pitch roof). The mill still hosts the original machinery and boasts several features which highlight its historic nature (stone archways and huge stone blocks used to protect the building against the water of the river). The outside walls still have holes for the wheel hub. On the first floor, several rooms were used in the past by the miller as a residence.
Right next to the mill is located a two-story barn (78 sqm – 839 sqft) which needs a full restoration.
The estate spans roughly 108 hectares of land (266.9 acres). The most interesting portion of the property is with no doubt the Prosecco vineyard (19.4 ha) which allows production each year of approximately 3,640 quintals of grapes.
53.4 ha of arable land are partially cultivated with corn (23.2 ha), sorghum (9.4 ha) and alfalfa (4.1 ha). The last portion is the woodland (1.8 ha). A further 29.9 hectares are currently rented out and host a training ground for rooted vines (17.7 ha, barbatelle) and grafted vines (12.2 ha, piante madri).
The remaining surface constitutes the main hamlet. Here we find roughly 3,000 sqm of Italian garden (0.7 acres) decorated with hedges, fountains and gravelled walkways, all located in front of the villa and around the swimming pool. Behind the Barchessa, amidst the green garden, we can find the 14 × 8 m pool of the complex.
The estate is currently run as an accommodation business, thanks to the many bedrooms and available, and is the ideal location for events such as weddings, meeting and summits. The vineyards are currently productive and the harvested grapes allow the production of excellent sparkling wine (Prosecco).
The many buildings on the estate could be renovated and restored to further increase the number of available bedrooms for guests. The vineyards in the property could also be used as a workshop for the guests, allowing them to learn how vineyards are cared for and prosecco wine is made. The same goes for the old mill, which still houses the original machinery (except for the water wheel): the building could be restored and converted into a museum celebrating the countryside life of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
- TYPE Wine estate with a beautiful manor villa, agriturismo, chapel and Prosecco vineyards
- CONDITION Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION Open and sunny
- MUNICIPALITY Morsano al Tagliamento
- PROVINCE Pordenone
- REGION Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- SIZE 8,577 sqm
- ROOMS 150+
- BEDROOMS 30+
- BATHROOMS 29+
- FEATURES Historic villa, consecrated chapel, mill, Baroque-style decorations and frescoes, paintings by Ciro Cristofoletti, wooden beams, event halls
- LAND 108 ha (19.4 ha vineyards + 53.4 ha arable land + 1.8 ha woodland + 12.2 ha piante madri + 17.7 ha vine barbatelle + 3.5 ha gardens and roads)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXE Yes, several buildings
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 14 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Private well
- GAS LPG, gasoil
- HEATING Radiators, fan-coils
- TELEPHONE Already connected + satellite system
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (3km; 5’), Lignano Sabbiadoro (29km; 30’), Palmanova (34km; 35’), Udine (36km; 40’), Pordenone (39km; 40’), Aquileia (51km; 50’), Redipuglia (52km; 50’), Jesolo (58km; 1h), Gorizia (65km; 1h), Vittorio Veneto (77km; 55’), Caporetto (81km; 1h 25’), Trieste (87km; 1h 20’), Venice (88km; 1h 10’), Belluno (110km; 1h 20’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Trieste Ronchi dei Legionari (52km; 45’), Venezia Marco Polo (77km; 1h), Verona Catullo (201km; 2h 5’), Bergamo Orio al Serio (299km; 3h), Milano Linate (331km; 3h 20’), Milano Malpensa (383km; 3h 50’)
See more Vineyard properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Lifestyle Property Tuscan lifestyle property in the province of Siena in the Val D'Orcia hills comprising a 301.8 hectare (745 acres) estate run as both an Agriturismo and a winery, with a…
- Italy business for sale This Italy business for sale offers a superb opportunity comprising a large manor style villa property offering tourist accommodation, farmhouses and outbuildings, 98.0 hectares (242.2 acres) with vineyards, wine cellar,…
- Italy Business Piedmont Italy Business for sale comprising a working Barolo wine estate with cellar, 6.7 hectares of vineyards (+ 1.2 ha rented), 2 apartments plus permissions to build a further 180…